Chelsea 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 25/08/12 - post-fart reaction from page 35

Dave

Haven't seen the Villa game but I said on the night of the Man Utd victory I was amazed by Everton's fitness levels... They have obviously changed something for this season and it's worked... To be fair they were like that last game of the season against us and have carried it on whilst sadly we have looked as flat as that day...

I personally think Everton have looked the best side in the league so far. Obviously i'm not saying they're going to be Champions, i just think they've looked the most confident, fit and ready of anyone else in the first two games.

Villa are gash imo, but it won't be an easy win at the weekend and we're going to have to sort out some things this week. Namely providing Cisse and Ba with a good meal cos they both look weak as kittens atm. We can make a place-setting for Cabaye for that matter n'all.

Taking a step back i don't think there was much difference between our 2-0 winning performance and our 2-0 loosing performance other than the obvious one... We took our 2 chances (in fact the goals were that good you could say half chances) and yesterday we didn't... The penalty was one i'd put in the soft category as to me football is a contact support and you are allowed to make contact it's just wether that contact is a foul or not... Would of been nice to get to HT 1-0 and re-group but Chelsea took their half chance from a well worked move... To get to my point... We don't make enough chances per game and that included last season... We never cut teams open... We were very good at taking what chances fell to us...

About Cabaye's corners i personally have never liked him on corners, free kicks sure but corners i'd rather HBA take them.

Stat: we only scored once from a corner last season and it was Cabaye's. :shifty:

The short corners with HBA seems to work better imo.

Taking a step back i don't think there was much difference between our 2-0 winning performance and our 2-0 loosing performance other than the obvious one... We took our 2 chances (in fact the goals were that good you could say half chances) and yesterday we didn't... The penalty was one i'd put in the soft category as to me football is a contact support and you are allowed to make contact it's just wether that contact is a foul or not... Would of been nice to get to HT 1-0 and re-group but Chelsea took their half chance from a well worked move... To get to my point... We don't make enough chances per game and that included last season... We never cut teams open... We were very good at taking what chances fell to us...

Absolutely spot on. This is what I think both for last season, and this. But hey. 4-4-2 is just awesome :notworthy:

Would the torres penalty have been given outside the area? I Highly doubt it as was shown when he booked him for the incident with coloccini. Really annoys me how many soft pens are given every week. Makes me think we should just tell Hatem to get into the box and wait for contact as much as possible and play for a penalty. Chelsea have done it 3 games running and it hasn't done them any harm.

A win here was always unlikely. We pulled it off last year with two fantastic strikes, but yesterday we rarely got the ball to someones feet for shooting at goal. We did have some good possession, but Chelsea were very organised as a defensive unit, plus they are all fast and strong so made life difficult.

Hazard is looking very cheeky, incredible acceleration and pace. Great tricky feet and guile. Is it 6 assists so far this season for him? Torres was much better too, all be it with a few exaggerated falls to his game. He took his goal brilliantly.

Nobody should be bothered by the result or the player performances yet. Cisse isn't scoring which is fine for now, was a little surprised his link-up play was a bit off again. Plenty of time to sort this out. Cabaye isn't at 100%, Anita still adapting and Tiote to come back, so overall I'm looking forward to us picking up where we left of last season fairly soon.

:)

About Cabaye's corners i personally have never liked him on corners, free kicks sure but corners i'd rather HBA take them.

Stat: we only scored once from a corner last season and it was Cabaye's. :shifty:

Near post Ba header against Wolves? in any case HBA hasn't taken many corners but most of them seem to hit the 6 yard box so i'd like to see him take more corners.

Near post Ba header against Wolves? in any case HBA hasn't taken many corners but most of them seem to hit the 6 yard box so i'd like to see him take more corners.

Not a fan of Hatem's non-short corners so far. They seem too flat and low for my liking. Raylor seems most capable of lofting it, but I think his corners have too much bend that it curls into the keeper's arms. And if we do not like Cabaye's corners too much, the best compromise seems to be the short corner. (I think we got the pen off one v Spurs last week. :thup:)

I remember when Cabaye first came and everyone was saying it was amazing to have someone good at corners. :lol:

Never understood why teams stick to the same takers all the time. Why not just take it in turns? At least you'd keep the opposition guessing.

I'm more happy with short corners really we seem to suck at long ones, but can't just do short corners, it becomes predictable. One of the problems is that when ever the ball comes out of the box it'll come to to Tiote who's positioned there and he does too often tend to go for goal. I've said in the past think he's allowed one or two attempts at screamers every so often but not every game :p we need to work on then retaining pressure then.

I remember when Cabaye first came and everyone was saying it was amazing to have someone good at corners. :lol:

Never understood why teams stick to the same takers all the time. Why not just take it in turns? At least you'd keep the opposition guessing.

At least we don't let Ba or Cisse take them, always baffled me when Van Persie (or Drogba at times last season) took them

At least we don't let Ba or Cisse take them, always baffled me when Van Persie (or Drogba at times last season) took them

Cos they could take good corners maybe, Jimmy Flloyd Hasselbaink used to whip lethal corners in.

Jonas is canny at corners

Aye, completely forgot that he had a good rate 2 seasons ago. :lol: Though when he takes, I keep worrying that it may turn out to be one of those low, unlofted and poorly-struck crosses that he's famous for.  :laugh:

Well maybe I could but were I Arsenal or Chelsea there'd be noone I'd want in box to put them away than Drogba and Van Persie, honestly think I'd rather have a great striker in the box with an average corner, than a great corner and average strikers.

from what i saw yesterday. key players like cabaye and cisse is not in form yet. was happy when i saw chelseas line up. 

we were way too defensive. 4-4-2 is not that good for us. we should have targeted them much more. 4-3-3 with jonas - anita - cabaye in the centre. they should be able to challenge meireles, mikel & bertrand.

not end of the world but we need to get important players fit and change the system. arfa is not suited for the 4-4-2 imo. he is wasted when he has to start so deep.

very important win against spurs. Get debuchy in and play a 3 man midfield with anita - tiote - cabaye (jonas as sub) .