Chelsea 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 25/08/12 - post-fart reaction from page 35

Dave

I think he got his tactics wrong yesterday, not necessarily should have played 4-3-3 but our 2 midfielders lost the battle against their 2. I think if tiote was playing we may have played better as a whole. What would have been the best option would have been to play a midfield diamond of 4 players. With antia anchoring cabaye/jonas in the middle and cabaye linking play to our two strikers. It would have required our fullbacks to both create width and keep mata/hazard under control. Honestly just think Pardew did not have the necessary quality to beat Chelsea baring magic from dembas/hatem.

Guest prestonj1989

Were our fans singing 'he shoves who he wants' about Pardew yesterday? Couldnt quite make it out

I thought that it was shags. :lol:

It was both. Although the shoves one was 'he shoves WHEN he wants'.

I agree with Sifu. We look short of fitness/sharpness. The reason Everton have started so well in my opinion is because in the 2 games they looked a level above Man United and Villa in terms of fitness and intensity.

Everton apparently came back for pre season training much earlier than usual and much earlier than anyone else.

I agree with Sifu. We look short of fitness/sharpness. The reason Everton have started so well in my opinion is because in the 2 games they looked a level above Man United and Villa in terms of fitness and intensity.

Everton apparently came back for pre season training much earlier than usual and much earlier than anyone else.

They also only went as far as Scotland for pre-season matches, to minimalise travelling apparently.

Ba and Cisse really don't work as a pair.  The midfield is void of creativity and sit far too deep in a flat midfield 4.  Jonas doesn't offer much going forward as a winger, his workrate seems wasted there.  We don't look after the ball particularly well in a 4-4-2 and bar HBA and Santon, we're so rigid and slow when in possession it's unreal!

All that said, I didn't expect much.  Thought maybe we could get a draw if Tiote was fit and we went 4-3-3.  We gifted them two soft ish goals and never looked like getting back on terms.  Second half was a bit of a non-event, but credit is due I suppose for not conceding any more.

Got a horrible feeling this 4-4-2 is going to be our formation of choice.  Not sure why mind, doesn't really suit any of our players, we play far better with the 4-3-3 and everyone seems to whinge when we play it  :lol: