The thread about how we should play

ATB

I just hate...

..when we play a slow, low and static 4-4-2. Ba and Cissé are doing no work and is only getting long balls to handle. They don´t work together at all and the only thing we are doing is to invite pressure. Because when we do get the ball there is no moment and every player that should create is too far the goal.

I just love...

...when every offensive player is moving and every player wants the ball and wants to attack. When Ba and Ben Arfa is coming deeper with Cisse pushing forward. The players are running more. Wants to win the ball and are always focused.

I think that every time we are playing a 4-4-2 we are never playing good football. Our aim is only to stop the other team to not score, and we are only look s*** scared with the opposite team creating chances.

Every time we play a more 4-3-3 we have more movement. We keep the ball better and start creating. Funnily enough, it´s then we are really stooping the opposite team.

I´m disiponted with this start of the season. I had hoped we would have played better. Now we just look unfit and scared from trying.

Sure we have had a really touch start with playing against good teams. But that doesn´t stop me from thinking this.

Thoughts?

said it in the thread but I'll say it again

f***ing sick of the 442 433 thing, its not that simple. Its not the system but the players that makes things happen

I agree with this. However, it's not just the line up. The wide men are clearly concentrating on the defensive side of the game and offering nothing in the final 3rd. If you have our 2 strikers in the box but never get a winger bursting down the wing and whipping a ball in then i'm struggling to see what threat we offer with OUR particular players.

Ben Arfa seems to have more freedom judging by these two games when we are playing 4-4-2.

This means we are relying on Simpson to provide us quality going forward which we know he cannot do.

So no arguments against as yet.

Said end of the season if it meant keeping Ba happy playing in a 442 then i'd rather sell him, buy someone in that role he was playing and a backup striker for Cisse. It didn't get much love.

Pardew is happy with 442 as a main tactic, if you or anyone doesnt like it, or the pandering to Ba then it lies firmly at the feet of the manager. He's a stubborn fuker, so for me it boils down to putting up with him or him being sacked.

I'll put up with it, though im against it, as i'm enjoying the stability too much to make a knee-jerk reaction, even if said reaction feels like the right one to me.

Kneejerk-tastic

Yep because this is the first time we have been poor with 4-4-2 :lol:

I don't mind a 2 striker system but flat 4-4-2 is just horrible, we will never reach the level 4-3-3 can take us with a flat 4-4-2.

I'm not too bothered about losing i'm more bothered about the implications of 4-4-2 long term if you can't see the issues then your blind i'm sorry.

Do i really have to explain every single reason why 4-3-3 is so much better in every way imaginable?

:thup:

For everyone that wants to discuss this.

:thdn:

For everyone that dosen´t

______

I can agree that this isn´t just a question about systems. But it´s make it easier. In a 4-4-2 we become to static. When we play that we seems more interested to not lose than focusing to win, and that is hurting us badly.

Look at the second half against Chelsea. Ok Chelsea are happy to defend. But what I´m also is seeing is a team that wants something. I didn´t see that in the first half.

Also. I´m worried about this 4-4-2 and Ba. Ba (looking at the situation that should be a goal) seems more focused to be the center of the team and looking after the team. Nothing wrong with a striker that wants to score goals. But great players know when to try and don´t. And this Ba situation I´m starting to be absolutely sure is the reason to this 4-4-2 :undecided:

1. Ba and Cisse don't work as a partnership both are better as the lone striker.

2. 4-4-2 limits Cabaye and Ben Arfa's influence

3. We struggle to keep the ball and create chances.

4. having a flat midfield makes it easy for the likes of Hazard and Mata and similar players to get inbetween our midfield and defence.

4-3-3 negates all these problems, don't see what the issue is we was great with 4-3-3 we continue to buy players who suit 4-3-3 but use 4-4-2 i really don't understand it.

Personally i'm annoyed and frustrated by the long term implications of ignoring 4-3-3 more than i am losing the game.

If we keep with 4-4-2 we will never reach the full potential that this squad has.

Kneejerk-tastic

Yep because this is the first time we have been poor with 4-4-2 :lol:

I don't mind a 2 striker system but flat 4-4-2 is just horrible, we will never reach the level 4-3-3 can take us with a flat 4-4-2.

I'm not too bothered about losing i'm more bothered about the implications of 4-4-2 long term if you can't see the issues then your blind i'm sorry.

Do i really have to explain every single reason why 4-3-3 is so much better in every way imaginable?

But we never ever play poor playing 4-3-3. There was no way that Pardew as going to play that today leaving Santon and Simpson up against Hazard & Mata alone.

Guest bimpy474

Scrap ATB. That is all.

Scrap ATB and send him to RTG.

Thats where shit threads like this belong

Is he not entitled to his opinion then ?.

Mata and Hazard do most of their best work inside so that's a poor excuse really and anyway last season if there's a problem midfielders come across and forwards drop back.

I actually want to be able to keep the ball and create chances and play to our players strengths which 4-4-2 does not do.

It's not like we have been poor defensively with 4-3-3 anyway.

Anyway your acting like 4-4-2 was a game plan to stop Chelsea, it wasn't it's Pardew using a system which makes Ba happy that cannot be argued anymore.

Guest bimpy474

Scrap ATB. That is all.

Scrap ATB and send him to RTG.

Thats where s*** threads like this belong

Is he not entitled to his opinion then ?.

Is it worthy of a thread?

I think so, its something thats discussed rather a lot on here. Cant see the harm myself.