NUFC v Atromitos - Thursday 30/08/12 @ 8pm - Live on ITV4 (and ITV4+1!)

LoveItIfWeBeatU

People wouldn't turn up if it was 50p entry if it's against a side nobody has heard of till now and it's on TV. Much easier to sit in the comfort of your own living room with the glorious television beaming live coverage from SJP.

Ashley has done his bit by reducing the prices, unfortunately it doesn't seem like the fans are going to be holding there end of the bargain and are happy enough to see all those empty seats in the background.

:lol: Why are you so angry about this? When have we ever had a full house for a cup game against a minnow which is also on TV?

:lol:

Basically because i really thought the Newcastle fans will be going all out with the surprise Europe package this year regardless of ITV coverage. I usually just take it as a given that attendances are generally low for cup games as with most teams but i feel we should be grasping this chance of European football but instead just letting the club and players down by not fully backing them after their achievements. Sad state of affairs really.

People wouldn't turn up if it was 50p entry if it's against a side nobody has heard of till now and it's on TV. Much easier to sit in the comfort of your own living room with the glorious television beaming live coverage from SJP.

Ashley has done his bit by reducing the prices, unfortunately it doesn't seem like the fans are going to be holding there end of the bargain and are happy enough to see all those empty seats in the background.

:lol: Why are you so angry about this? When have we ever had a full house for a cup game against a minnow which is also on TV?

:lol:

Basically because i really thought the Newcastle fans will be going all out with the surprise Europe package this year regardless of ITV coverage. I usually just take it as a given that attendances are generally low for cup games as with most teams but i feel we should be grasping this chance of European football but instead just letting the club and players down by not fully backing them after their achievements. Sad state of affairs really.

If Pards isn't going full out for it, why should the fans? ( im going btw, just asking the question).

If Pards is going full out for it, why should the fans? ( im going btw, just asking the question).

A manager's job is to put out a team he thinks is capable of winning a game. If pardew feels mixing the team up to go through whilst saving legs for Sunday is the best then i support that decision. I will back whatever team he decides to put out. This tie isn't over yet.

Guest neesy111

My tickets just arrived, apparently we're playing Atromitos FC in the Barclays Premier League on Thursday :lol:

Aye, ridiculous school boy error.

What are the best pubs to go to pre match on a thursday night?

There is that NO9 bar Steve Wraith has, cheap beer but hot as f*** inside, went in fat as f*** and came out only slightly fat as f***.

:lol: Cheers will give it a go.

There is that NO9 bar Steve Wraith has, cheap beer but hot as f*** inside, went in fat as f*** and came out only slightly fat as f***.

:lol: Cheers will give it a go.

Basically like a warehouse downstairs (Used to be cosmic on Stowell Street), but loads of singing and they were doing the Ameobi Hokey Cokey when we were in.

I was tempted to go at spurs game but thought it would be packed and take ages to get served? How was it to get service at the bar, take a while?

None of my mates are up for this and I wanted to go, couldn't go by myself, especially with it not being a full house.

The amount of mates who have said they aren't bothered about going or they will just watch it on TV is ridiculous, we went to every single game the last two times we've been in Europe.

Looks like I'll be watching this on TV with a crate.

why can't you go on your own?

I've never really been to a game alone always felt like it's a bit sad, like going to the cinema alone. No offence to anyone who does of course.

I could be watching the game in the north pole and I'd still sweat like a beast, especially when Simpson is on the ball.

None of my mates are up for this and I wanted to go, couldn't go by myself, especially with it not being a full house.

The amount of mates who have said they aren't bothered about going or they will just watch it on TV is ridiculous, we went to every single game the last two times we've been in Europe.

Looks like I'll be watching this on TV with a crate.

why can't you go on your own?

I've never really been to a game alone always felt like it's a bit sad, like going to the cinema alone. No offence to anyone who does of course.

Both are brilliant TBH. If you want to go to the match, just go.

I was tempted to go at spurs game but thought it would be packed and take ages to get served? How was it to get service at the bar, take a while?

Took me about 5-10 mins for first pint, but went back and took about a minute, not to bad tbh

I could be watching the game in the north pole and I'd still sweat like a beast, especially when Simpson is on the ball.

Which isn't for long as he has normally hoofed it or lost it within a few seconds

My season ticket is on its own, mates are a few rows back, but when I got my first season ticket the year Level 7 opened I used to sit on my own completely. Don't see the problem with it, still meet up for half time / full time pints. Last week there was a spare seat next to my mates so I moved there, and had to listen to them talk shit all game. Couldn't enjoy the game as much.

My season ticket is on its own, mates are a few rows back, but when I got my first season ticket the year Level 7 opened I used to sit on my own completely. Don't see the problem with it, still meet up for half time / full time pints. Last week there was a spare seat next to my mates so I moved there, and had to listen to them talk s*** all game. Couldn't enjoy the game as much.

I go to matches on own for cup games alot of time and never felt out of place. Been to Cinema once on own and felt like a total loner

Quite often I go to away games on my own for a variety of reasons. Most of the lads I go to home games with can't afford to make many/get the time off work, whereas being a student makes life much easier. Either i'll travel down to London and meet mates there to actually go to the game with, or occasionally i'll fly solo. Everton for example last game of last year I went on my own as no one else had the points and had a great time. Always people to chat to on the trains, in pubs etc.

If that makes me sad then so be it!

Its probably great going alone, especially to away games if you are more of an extrovert kind of character, I'm a friendly bloke but I tend to keep myself to myself too much and I know for a fact I wouldn't end up cracking onto anyone unless I had mates with me.

Might get myself to a cup game by myself if no-one is up for it, see what its like.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

I went to euro 12 by myself. Still had great craic and would definitely do it again. Made no real difference and there was still millions over there the talk to and all that. So I wouldn't worry about going to a football match by yourself, nobody even cares if you're on your own anyway. As for the cinema I could imagine it'd maybe be a little awkward up until the film starts, but then your and everyone else attention is on the film anyway, or at least it should be.