NUFC v Atromitos - Thursday 30/08/12 @ 8pm - Live on ITV4 (and ITV4+1!)

LoveItIfWeBeatU

May I question what the point was of european qualification if the manager isn't arsed about getting past the qualifiers?

who says he aint arsed about it,.

a lot of fans get confused with 'resting players' and 'managing the squad'.

its quite simple, come sunday, (usually its saturday) we play a premiership team who has had 6 days rest.

if we field our full strength team tonight we would've had 2/half days rest by the time we play the Villa. 

im not saying we can't beat the Villa by playing full strength tonight and not bother to squad rotate.  but you get the idea, that the opposition who's had a full 6 days to prepare for the same match compared to another team thats only got a few days, has a distinctive advantage.,, no?

Perhaps not to those words, but he's stated before this isn't one of his priorities

If you listen to the interview he still clearly wants to win tonight. He just says that Sunday's match is more important.

Not sure if already posted but here's story about the Atromitos manager on soccernet. Sounds like quite a character.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature/_/id/1145676/bajevic-ready-to-move-past-abuse?cc=4716

Good read! Here's the highlight:

"I have done nothing wrong. I will kill anyone who comes near my family." Upon his return to the Athens club, fans showered him with food and even a moped was thrown from the stands, and yet amazingly this would not be the most chronic instance of abuse he would suffer.

:lol:

May I question what the point was of european qualification if the manager isn't arsed about getting past the qualifiers?

its quite simple, come sunday, (usually its saturday) we play a premiership team who has had 6 days rest.

if we field our full strength team tonight we would've had 2/half days rest by the time we play the Villa. 

im not saying we can't beat the Villa by playing full strength tonight and not bother to squad rotate.  but you get the idea, that the opposition who's had a full 6 days to prepare for the same match compared to another team thats only got a few days, has a distinctive advantage.,, no?

Perhaps not to those words, but he's stated before this isn't one of his priorities

it probably isnt. prem league is always our bread and butter.  would you settle for finishing outside top 8 just to win the europa league?  i dont know.

Anybody know if this is on a national radio station, can't see owt on fivelive or talksport websites but then again got crap mobile internet here (wales) - tv in holiday cottage can't pick up itv4 and pubs more interested in scousers

it probably isnt. prem league is always our bread and butter.  would you settle for finishing outside top 8 just to win the europa league?  i dont know.

I would

I would

Damn right I would

WHAT? :lol:

I would

Damn right I would

i dont think i would.  finishing outside top 8 would mean some pretty awful saturdays and sundays. 

I would

Damn right I would

i dont think i would.  finishing outside top 8 would mean some pretty awful saturdays and sundays. 

GTFO.

I would

Damn right I would

Trying to think of something to type, but I cant think of anything suitable. Words have failed me.

Guest neesy111

I still never get the argument that league position is more important than winning a trophy.  It might be important to the top clubs who win trophies all the time, but I'd take finishing 17th for the league cup easily.

Guest neesy111

if we win the special europa league does that mean we get to play in the super cup next season?

No, the other team in the super cup is picked from a lottery of clubs around Europe.

I still never get the argument that league position is more important than winning a trophy.  It might be important to the top clubs who win trophies all the time, but I'd take finishing 17th for the league cup easily.

thats abit over top mate, think of how many games we would get embarrassed in the league.  that probably means the mackems doing the double on us if were to be 17th

thats abit over top mate, think of how many games we would get embarrassed in the league.  that probably means the mackems doing the double on us if were to be 17th

But we'd have won a trophy. Which, afterall, what football is all about.

Guest neesy111

No it's not.  Its no where near.