Deadline Day Thread

JH

Dembele offers different things to Modric and therefore will provide things Modric can't which Spurs can take advantage of.

Will miss Modric no doubt but not as much as i think people think they will.

Sandro/Parker/Dembele/Dempsey/Sigurdsson isn't a bad selection of midfielders tbh.

Agree with that, they both essentially play in the same position but Dembele probably offers more immediate impact, drive and energy, Modric more ability to slowly and subtlety dictate play from the middle. In premiership games you can argue that Dembele will be of more use.

I do however think they will miss VDV's cleverness and technical acumen - Sigurdsson is at least as much a goal threat and surely fitter but VDV is more imaginative and skilful. Again it is like trading Modric for Demeble - more direct, physical and up tempo.

AVB will destroy Spurs. Mark my words. I'd much rather have the 2 that have just left. Think this Siggy bloke is well chocolate box right now...But don't really think he will make any real difference to Spurs. It will come down to keeping Bale fit, Ade interested and Lennon out of pink t-shirts.

David Ornstein Verified ‏@bbcsport_david

Tottenham have literally just stopped working on deal for Porto midfielder Joao Moutinho. It's off #bbcfootball #thfc

12:24 AM - 1 Sep 12

1.5hrs after the deadline closed. :lol:

Shame as he'd have been a complete waste of money.

David Ornstein Verified ‏@bbcsport_david

Tottenham have literally just stopped working on deal for Porto midfielder Joao Moutinho. It's off #bbcfootball #thfc

12:24 AM - 1 Sep 12

1.5hrs after the deadline closed. :lol:

Shame as he'd have been a complete waste of money.

Moutinho is a quality player man.

Have we got a roundup of the deals done by each club anywhere on the board?

Decided nothing was happening as far as we were concerned so went out and just got back in now, where did Dempsey end up? What have Liverpool done? Tottenham?

Anyone who is disappointed Spurs didn't get Moutinho needs there head looking at tbh, quality player, now whether he can transfer that to the PL could be questioned, but I for one am glad we don't have to worry about that question.

Guest Realist

The part that hurts the most is knowing every transfer deal always works out great, and so when I see so many happening and I know they're all going to be awesome, it kills me a little.