Deadline Day Thread

JH

21 league appearances isn't too bad, especially when some players take half a season (if not more) to adapt.

Forgot Sig but if we had lost Tiote and Cabaye I am sure we would be shitting it.

Adebayor means they have him and Defoe, we have Cisse and Ba, sure even the most negative of fan wouldn't swap.

21 league appearances isn't too bad, especially when some players take half a season (if not more) to adapt.

Forgot Sig but if we had lost Tiote and Cabaye I am sure we would be shitting it.

Adebayor means they have him and Defoe, we have Cisse and Ba, sure even the most negative of fan wouldn't swap.

AVB won't try and play them together in a 4-4-2 though. ;)

AVB won't try and play them together in a 4-4-2 though. ;)

As boring as ever.

Sigurdsson

Vertonghen

Adebayor

Dembele

Dempsey

Loris

King

Modric

Van de Vaart

Friedel (losing his legs)

Dawson

Huddlestone?

From the Spurs fans I know they are far from happy so maybe the grass isn't actually greener?

Friedel, Dawson and Huddlestone are still there man. King was so f***ing unfit he had to retire from the game. :lol:

Apologies, thought Huddlestone had gone to Stoke an Dawson to Fulham.

Still looking for their keeper to adapt, Veronghen (sp?) to replace a top class King (would like to see the stats but guessing he played a significant amount of games), then Dembele and Dempsey replacing two of their better players. Adebayor isn't an upgrade from last season.

dembele and dempsey are two excellent signings, as good a way to replace modric as possible really

People keep forgetting they got Sigurdsson as well.

Dembele essentially replaced Modric.

Sigurdsson replaces Van der Vaart.

Dempsey is a bonus.

Adebayor was secured too.

Adequately though?, not a chance..

Guest bimpy474

I like how Natalie Sawyer just randomly giggled at something while a conversation was going on around her.

Being secretly fingered under the desk by jim white.

I wouldn't get anywhere near there, those tits are magnificent.

Sigurdsson

Vertonghen

Adebayor

Dembele

Dempsey

Loris

King

Modric

Van de Vaart

Dawson

Huddlestone?

From the Spurs fans I know they are far from happy so maybe the grass isn't actually greener?

Friedel, Dawson and Huddlestone are still there man. King was so f***ing unfit he had to retire from the game. :lol:

Still looking for their keeper to adapt, Veronghen (sp?) to replace a top class King (would like to see the stats but guessing he played a significant amount of games), then Dembele and Dempsey replacing two of their better players. Adebayor isn't an upgrade from last season.

dembele and dempsey are two excellent signings, as good a way to replace modric as possible really

Dempsey is a bonus.

I'm sure he'll adequately replace him, that's not saying much. He won't be as good, yet, but he has the potential.

Dembele offers different things to Modric and therefore will provide things Modric can't which Spurs can take advantage of.

Will miss Modric no doubt but not as much as i think people think they will.

Sandro/Parker/Dembele/Dempsey/Sigurdsson isn't a bad selection of midfielders tbh.

Sigurdsson

Vertonghen

Adebayor

Dembele

Dempsey

Loris

King

Modric

Van de Vaart

Dawson

Huddlestone?

Dempsey is a bonus.

I'm sure he'll adequately replace him, that's not saying much. He won't be as good, yet, but he has the potential.

Its a downgrade, no doubt about that and he's not exactly a kid either (he's one year younger than Modric).

David Ornstein Verified ‏@bbcsport_david

Tottenham have literally just stopped working on deal for Porto midfielder Joao Moutinho. It's off #bbcfootball #thfc

12:24 AM - 1 Sep 12

1.5hrs after the deadline closed. :lol:

Dembele offers different things to Modric and therefore will provide things Modric can't which Spurs can take advantage of.

Sandro/Parker/Dembele/Dempsey/Sigurdsson isn't a bad selection of midfielders tbh.

Agree with that, they both essentially play in the same position but Dembele probably offers more immediate impact, drive and energy, Modric more ability to slowly and subtlety dictate play from the middle. In premiership games you can argue that Dembele will be of more use.

I do however think they will miss VDV's cleverness and technical acumen - Sigurdsson is at least as much a goal threat and surely fitter but VDV is more imaginative and skilful. Again it is like trading Modric for Demeble - more direct, physical and up tempo.

David Ornstein Verified ‏@bbcsport_david

Tottenham have literally just stopped working on deal for Porto midfielder Joao Moutinho. It's off #bbcfootball #thfc

12:24 AM - 1 Sep 12

1.5hrs after the deadline closed. :lol:

Probably thought, 'Aye, we are taking the piss now tbf'

Agree with that, they both essentially play in the same position but Dembele probably offers more immediate impact, drive and energy, Modric more ability to slowly and subtlety dictate play from the middle. In premiership games you can argue that Dembele will be of more use.

I do however think they will miss VDV's cleverness and technical acumen - Sigurdsson is at least as much a goal threat and surely fitter but VDV is more imaginative and skilful. Again it is like trading Modric for Demeble - more direct, physical and up tempo.

I'd say they both suit AVB's pressing game a bit more than Modric or VDV. VDV's a proper lazy bastard, and he used to love playing under Harry as he could just stroll about the pitch without having to worry about any tactics and do what he wanted.