Everton vs Newcastle United - 17/09/12 @ 8pm (Live on Sky)

Beren

3-1 them... same result as a few months back but hopefully not the same lazy half arsed performance.

Just think if Colo is missing then some serious organisation and calmness goes with him.

Looking forward to it though, international's have had me bored beyond definition.

only problem with ben arfa tracking back is when defending in box has a tendancy to keep going with his fancy passing when he probably should just clear it

Imo that's not the problem at all as he might give you a fright but he always finds a team mate. The main problem is when he tries to tackle because he's not great at it. There's also the problem that if he's tracking back he's not being given enough freedom to attack, but that's a different discussion.

This game has defeat written all over it. I'd love a win, and probably just as happy with a draw. Everton have again impressed and come flying out of the traps while we have looked lethargic and in need of a kick up the ass. Wouldn't be deflated over a loss, but hope if we do then we go down fighting.

We are capable of a win, but Everton more so, in particular as it's on the turf.

only problem with ben arfa tracking back is when defending in box has a tendancy to keep going with his fancy passing when he probably should just clear it

Imo that's not the problem at all as he might give you a fright but he always finds a team mate. The main problem is when he tries to tackle because he's not great at it. There's also the problem that if he's tracking back he's not being given enough freedom to attack, but that's a different discussion.

Well that's fair, his pass will come off but been a few he's passed to someone less comfortable on the ball in a dangerous position, and they're more likely to give it away. Not a big issue really.

How good is Ben Arfa at tracking back? Genuine question, as where he plays will be a sign of Pardew's mentality IMO. Stick him on the right and tell him to give Baines a long night, or have someone like Jonas there who "works hard" and will help to track Baines and Pienaar? Because let's be honest, that's our default attacking choice - get it to the left.

He's fine at it, decent even. Perfectly good waste of playing him though.

Well that's fair, his pass will come off but been a few he's passed to someone less comfortable on the ball in a dangerous position, and they're more likely to give it away. Not a big issue really.

Yeah granted, that's a concern.

I still get mildly irritated when I think back to last season's Everton game. Many seemed to dismiss it as "oh but we've had a great season so why worry?" but at kick off we had a chance if qualifying for the CL and turned in a lazy disinterested performance that had us beat at half time. It was such an anti climax.

It was horrendous tbf, agree with Otter. Everton looked far more motivated and hungry.

Anyway, dreamt we won 4-3. Pienaar and Jelly for them, Shola header for us, then Jelly again for them, Shola wins and scores pen, then they score an OG, then Colo scores in injury time.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Dunno if it has been discussed but wouldnt it make sense to swtich Anita and Santon. Anitas strongest foot is left and Santon right as far as I know?

Guest Roger Kint

Dunno if it has been discussed but wouldnt it make sense to swtich Anita and Santon. Anitas strongest foot is left and Santon right as far as I know?

Dont think trying Santon o the right has every been discussed here no.

That Everton game was effectively over in the early minutes after Arsenal and Spurs scored quick goals. In hindsight, glad that we didn't get that 4th spot. Would be absolutely gutted waiting so long only to see Chelsea win the CL.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Dont think trying Santon o the right has every been discussed here no.

I would love to see it. More overlaps will free space for Arfa/Marv/Jonas.

That Everton game was effectively over in the early minutes after Arsenal and Spurs scored quick goals. In hindsight, glad that we didn't get that 4th spot. Would be absolutely gutted waiting so long only to see Chelsea win the CL.

Arsebal went behind early on iirc.

Not looking foward to this in the slightest. Not because we are a bad side, just because Everton work you so hard. If we have any fault in our game Everton will exploit it, if their tempo is up.

I'm glad that little shit Cahill is gone.

Fancy us to pick up some form after this game.