Real Time

Beren

He'll be wanting the penalty spot closer next time they miss one.

Ferguson is just bitter, finding any excuse to deviate from why they actually lost.  The game is fine as it is, barring one or two niggling issues.

American can GTFO, first we let you out of the kindness of our hearts be a independent country and now your trying to insist your rules on us.

No respect among you lot  :huff:

:lol: Not one American did anything here as far as I know.

Think its a good idea tbh, not necessarily the 30 min half but certainly the stopping clock when ball not in play. Its rich coming from Ferguson about time though, how many injury time  winners because of 6 mins fergie time

American can GTFO, first we let you out of the kindness of our hearts be a independent country and now your trying to insist your rules on us.

:lol: people are trying to Americanise ( yes it's spelt with an S  :lol: ) the game so there fore by my logic you must be blamed.

Don't let logic get in the way of a good rant mate :thup:

Think its a good idea tbh, not necessarily the 30 min half but certainly the stopping clock when ball not in play. Its rich coming from Ferguson about time though, how many injury time  winners because of 6 mins fergie time

Agree with that, its just to short even with that new proposed rule. Just keep it as it is.

:lol: people are trying to Americanise ( yes it's spelt with an S  :lol: ) the game so there fore by my logic you must be blamed.

Don't let logic get in the way of a good rant mate :thup:

:lol: fwiw, a little structure wouldn't be a bad thing. Injury time is really arbitrary. I don't know about this plan, but an official time keeper wouldn't be a tragedy. Someone removed from the action. Then after 90, you add on say...5 minutes. The clock goes from 90:00 to 4:59...etc. 0 is 0. No matter where the ball is.

i think Fergie has a valid point tbf. Everybody goes to OT and fucks about wasting as much time as possible :lol:

and I might take the point seriously if he came out with it at another time than just after whenever they lose. Until he does I'm going to ignore it as the self serving defence mechanism shite it is rather than actual concern over the way the game currently is

NBA style finishes to a game are a good counterargument. As are crowd countdowns :scared:

Americanisation basically :lol:

could be done on the qiet. just a tiem keeper, radio controlled to ref... tells him when its ft. 'Hoy ref times up blow the whistle after this attack- or if man u are losing the next couple of attacks'

:thup:

If old man 40 can accept such a change, then all you kids should be able to embrace it. Fear of change for traditions sake holds the game back. And tbh, sticking to out-dated laws on the basis of tradition alone is about as American as you can get.

i think Fergie has a valid point tbf. Everybody goes to OT and f***s about wasting as much time as possible :lol:

and I might take the point seriously if he came out with it at another time than just after whenever they lose. Until he does I'm going to ignore it as the self serving defence mechanism s**** it is rather than actual concern over the way the game currently is

I can't help respect him for what he has managed every season of pl, but he is such a cunt tbh, complaining all time n thinks he has the rite to all decisions same as wenger

NBA style finishes to a game are a good counterargument. As are crowd countdowns :scared:

could be done on the qiet. just a tiem keeper, radio controlled to ref... tells him when its ft. 'Hoy ref times up blow the whistle after this attack- or if man u are losing the next couple of attacks'

If old man 40 can accept such a change, then all you kids should be able to embrace it. Fear of change for traditions sake holds the game back. And tbh, sticking to out-dated laws on the basis of tradition alone is about as American as you can get.

who yee calling an old man?  :lol:il run you over young whippersnapper :mick:

Keeping players/managers in the dark about how long they have to affect the game? Eep.

Keeping players/managers in the dark about how long they have to affect the game? Eep.

Nah, that's shit, but cp40 was the only one showing support.

Just use the clock. 4th official stops it when the ball goes out. When it hits 30, ref blows whistle. Done.

because it would be impossible to link the time keeper to the dugouts?

And if the match was televised, people at home wouldn't know either?

because it would be impossible to link the tv studio to the time keeper?

:lol:

A HAH! It's a trap.

Someone watching on telly could call a cunt in the crowd and get the shitty countdown going. :lol:

I'm only messing, but yeah, it's a pipedream hypothetical. Were it ever implemented on footballing grounds, the concern for NBA-style endings to games/shitty countdown chants would be negligible, so the 30-minute countdown would be fully transparent to all.

:lol:

A HAH! It's a trap.

Someone watching on telly could call a cunt in the crowd and get the shitty countdown going. :lol:

I'm only messing, but yeah, it's a pipedream hypothetical. Were it ever implemented on footballing grounds, the concern for NBA-style endings to games/shitty countdown chants would be negligible, so the 30-minute countdown would be fully transparent to all.

implementing it at lower levels would be near impossible. so would we be willing to have 2 differing ways to time play- i doubt it.