Real Time

Beren

So then eliminate extra time.

Stop the clock when the ball is dead/out of bounds.

wow

:lol: It works, man.

'wow'  i thought that was what we were talking about here..... must be lost in transatlantic translation.

:lol:

Fucking old man 40. I thought it was a shocker.

It would not be impossible to have a stop watch that was stopped by a ref when the ball went out of play. Fuckers would ask the ref how long is left, like every other game. There is nothing stopping this being implemented everywhere, with about 10 minutes notice.

:lol:

Fucking old man 40. I thought it was a shocker.

It would not be impossible to have a stop watch that was stopped by a ref when the ball went out of play. Fuckers would ask the ref how long is left, like every other game. There is nothing stopping this being implemented everywhere, with about 10 minutes notice.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/Smileys/Newcastle-Online/okayguy.png

Refs in lower leagues cant read, write, speak, see or tell the time.  Apparently.

I played for a pub in north shields a couple of times :lol:. the refs job was to stop fights and keep some semblance of a football match moving- he was at his fucking whits end- like he had a spare second to keep starting and stopping a watch- half the time he wasnt even aware of where the ball was. :lol:

add to this, theres no assistants, so he has to judge the offsides as well.

Refs in lower leagues cant read, write, speak, see or tell the time.  Apparently.

I played for a pub in north shields a couple of times :lol:. the refs job was to stop fights and keep some semblance of a football match moving- he was at his fucking whits end- like he had a spare second to keep starting and stopping a watch- half the time he wasnt even aware of where the ball was. :lol:

So it's already completely different to the professional game then?

:smug:

So it's already completely different to the professional game then?

:smug:

i guess aye. I agree with the idea tbh. just think time keeping at sunday league level could be very difficult- as I say usually 1 official doing everything from crowd control to being his own assisiatnt.

So rather than having a team who was behind wanting to get the ball in play again quickly at the end for an exciting conclusion, we have the team that's the most knackered very slowly wandering over to retrieve the ball for a throw in to let their players jog in  to position and have a bit of a breather, no matter what the scoreline or time left?

I think it is a terrible idea. Opens the doors to Time Outs - because essentially that is what you would have everytime the ball went out of play. The Manager could just pull a player aside with a clipboard and headset as soon as the ball was out of play. It would be American Football mk II. I doubt carding the players would help. The ball boys could be given instruction (like at the Brittania with hand towels) to waste time to give the manager more face time with the players.

I see all sorts of abuse with this type of system that would essentially add an endless amount of time to the game and kill the very nature of football.

Is there really no one who keeps track of total time lost to substitutions/injuries and then adds it as extra time?

That's how I thought (hoped) it worked. Guess it really is more arbitrary in reality.

I think it is a terrible idea. Opens the doors to Time Outs - because essentially that is what you would have everytime the ball went out of play. The Manager could just pull a player aside with a clipboard and headset as soon as the ball was out of play. It would be American Football mk II. I doubt carding the players would help. The ball boys could be given instruction (like at the Brittania with hand towels) to waste time to give the manager more face time with the players.

I see all sorts of abuse with this type of system that would essentially add an endless amount of time to the game and kill the very nature of football.

Players can be easily booked if they're clearly wasting time.

The clock is stopped for various reasons in Rugby and it works just fine there.

It will quickly become apparent if there are issues with ball boys, and it could be dealt with very easily (in the same way they dealt with Stoke giving their ball boys team-specific instructions).

The "opening doors to x" argument is nonsense and holds back the game.

It will quickly become apparent if there are issues with ball boys, and it could be dealt with very easily (in the same way they dealt with Stoke giving their ball boys team-specific instructions).

It really does come down the enforcement. Refs need to start doling out cards for blatant time wasting (and diving).

It really does come down the enforcement. Refs need to start doling out cards for blatant time wasting (and diving).

There's all sorts of shit in the game that could be massively improved if the refs were competent. They should be sending fuckers off all over the shop for dissent for example.

Keep it the way it is. I'm scared of change.

In all seriousness though, the officials need to sort out what is blatant time wasting (the substitution "tactic" for example). They all need to grow some balls.