Kick It Out

Tooj

Racism in Football is all but gone in my John Humble.

Probably one of the worst comments I've ever read on here. What a fucking joke

Like shite is it.

There used to be OOO OOO OOO ing, Booing, Monkey Noises, Bananas thrown on the pitch, chants of he's a wog a wog etc etc at English Footballs (and SJP was one of the worst for it) grounds every week all over the country and blokes lined up selling NF literature behind the Gallowgate End.

You never hear or see any of that now and haven't for donkeys years.

Racism can simultaneously be less prevalent but not 'all but gone'.

It's all but gone, it's major news now if there is the slightest hint of anything racist whereas 30 years ago it was virtually the norm at football matches.

Probably one of the worst comments I've ever read on here. What a f***ing joke

Like s**** is it.

There used to be OOO OOO OOO ing, Booing, Monkey Noises, Bananas thrown on the pitch, chants of he's a wog a wog etc etc at English Footballs (and SJP was one of the worst for it) grounds every week all over the country and blokes lined up selling NF literature behind the Gallowgate End.

It's all but gone, it's major news now if there is the slightest hint of anything racist whereas 30 years ago it was virtually the norm at football matches.

Like s**** is it.

it's creeping back, as is general twattish behaviour (more so away fans at the moment), not so much in the ground but while travelling etc, it's something i see as a more societal problem and tends to get that way when the country is in the shit.

the T-shirts wont be worn for our game tomorrow apparently.

Mackems boycotting it?

Pards said something in his presser on nufctv that the mackems are having it another day or something

Clubs don't want anything to distract/detract from the game.

I don't understand how not wearing the shirts is helping surely Show Racism the red card needs more help not less if they to be as effective as the players would like.

The protest is highlighting that not enough is being done by the FA.

I don't understand how not wearing the shirts is helping surely Show Racism the red card needs more help not less if they to be as effective as the players would like.

It's like those fans wanting to protest to st james park about wonga. If you have a problem with wonga protest to wonga, if you have a problem with the fa protest to the FA not the people who are trying to help you.

It's like those fans wanting to protest to st james park about wonga. If you have a problem with wonga protest to wonga, if you have a problem with the fa protest to the FA not the people who are trying to help you.

The FA use KIO as their main public face for anti-racism in football.  By refusing to wear the KIO top you are directly protesting against the FA.

The FA use KIO as their main public face for anti-racism in football.  By refusing to wear the KIO top you are directly protesting against the FA.

But they are separate enterties. Without KIO there is no longer any support in football ?

Guest neesy111

Plus wasnt KIO created by the PFA which means they are technically protesting against themselves !

This.  Also by refusing to where the shirts they are basically discrediting of the work KIO have done in the past, if Rio and Jason Roberts really want to change things then maybe they should put their hands in their pocket and help KIO where rio's fine is 1/2 of their budget for a fucking year.  500k for a charity is small in most sizes, and is small is quite few I know locally never mind such a high profile one also never mind a sport where the premier league generates over 3 billion a year annually.

How fucking boring is football news now?

Seems like the main stories running week by week are either about t-shirts, handshakes or fucking Twitter.

"Headlines on the hour here on Sky Sports News - *So-and-so doesn't wear t-shirt*, *What's-his-name deletes Twitter account*, *Hodgson says something to someone on tube*

God strewth, bore off will you, was there not a match on like?!

Guest neesy111

Seems like the main stories running week by week are either about t-shirts, handshakes or fucking Twitter.

"Headlines on the hour here on Sky Sports News - *So-and-so doesn't wear t-shirt*, *What's-his-name deletes Twitter account*, *Hodgson says something to someone on tube*

This is one of a few times I'll agree with Redknapp but he was spot on on MOTD on saturday.  Said we've had few incidents last few years but far too much being read into it and that's 100% spot on imo.

Like s**** is it.

It was pretty recently that a significant part of the crowd at St James didn't take any issue with singing "Kenwyn Jones sells watches on the beach"

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Was saying the same thing at lunchtime. Bored rigid especially of players snubbing handshakes or this t shirt crap.

Nobody should give a flying horse's arse.