Kick It Out

Tooj

The problem with some of these 'statements' being made regarding racism is that the people carrying them out are absolute belltops.

Clarke 'I've been on Countdown' Carlisle and Jason Roberts are a pair of irritating ballsacks, and you get the feeling that they are making these so called stands not because of their disgust of racism and attempts to kick it out, but more to get their faces on TV.

Guest neesy111

The problem with some of these 'statements' being made regarding racism is that the people carrying them out are absolute belltops.

Clarke 'I've been on Countdown' Carlisle and Jason Roberts are a pair of irritating ballsacks, and you get the feeling that they are making these so called stands not because of their disgust of racism and attempts to kick it out, but more to get their faces on TV.

Especially with Roberts, sick to the death of him on the BBC.

Major problem all over Europe seems to be the approach. Organisations, clubs, journalists etc all try to explain and excuse when racism occurs instead of just condemn it and punish those involved.

We've had similar cases in Sweden as of late. Sickening the way it's treated. Over here, some people were trying to find excuses by pointing the languague used in the 1930s.

Also, I think the growing amount of anti-semitism is alarmingly over-looked. In Hungary, fans shouted "Buchenwald" repeatedly to the Israeli national team back in September. In Holland, Ajax encounter it every other game.

UEFA and FIFA need to pick themselves up on this, it's spreading and not only relating to small extremist groups anymore.

Racism in Football is all but gone in my John Humble.

Probably one of the worst comments I've ever read on here. What a fucking joke

Like shite is it.

There used to be OOO OOO OOO ing, Booing, Monkey Noises, Bananas thrown on the pitch, chants of he's a wog a wog etc etc at English Footballs (and SJP was one of the worst for it) grounds every week all over the country and blokes lined up selling NF literature behind the Gallowgate End.

You never hear or see any of that now and haven't for donkeys years.

I go to enough matches and if I'm honest, I can barely remember hearing much racism in the last 10 years.

When it happens, its often one fuck nugget, who certainly doesn't represent the majority.

Where players are concerned, Roberts is right, the book should be thrown at them and examples should be made.

IMO the biggest problem with racism concerns nationalities, rather than colour. I.e, your far more likely to hear something said about a frenchman or a spaniard than you are a black man. However, its a different story on the continent.

Guest neesy111

Kick it Out get 500k of funding a year from a league that is turning over billions now.  Nothing short a disgraceful amount.

While it's obviously ridiculous to say racism is no longer a problem in football worldwide, in Britain it's very much a rarity.

It annoys me when I hear people saying that racism is still a big problem in the English game because in areas like the North East which are vastly white, football has done more than anything else to change attitudes. We've gone from an area where thirty years ago you could count on your hands how many times you'd see a black person in twelve months, to one where kids have posters of them on their walls and middle aged white fellas sing about Ramadan.

You'll never totally eliminate it from the game because you'll never eliminate it from society but if we're talking about things that have had a positive impact on attitudes to race in Britain, you can put football right at the top of that list.

While it's obviously ridiculous to say racism is no longer a problem in football worldwide, in Britain it's very much a rarity.

It annoys me when I hear people saying that racism is still a big problem in the English game because in areas like the North East which are vastly white, football has done more than anything else to change attitudes. We've gone from an area where thirty years ago you could count on your hands how many times you'd see a black person in twelve months, to one where kids have posters of them on their walls and middle aged white fellas sing about Ramadan.

You'll never totally eliminate it from the game because you'll never eliminate it from society but if we're talking about things that have had a positive impact on attitudes to race in Britain, you can put football right at the top of that list.

Yup. Or the rising price of bannanas.

Taggart was spot on today and he also shot Roberts down tremendously. :lol:

Yeah, and I guess he's the only one who's secure enough to say it. Individual differences over how harsh a punishment should be, shouldn't lead to this kind of a split.

Guest neesy111

I see that the police have charged a resident of Washington today, for sending Shola racial tweets this week. I wonder what team he supports.

Shola or sammy!

Racism in Football is all but gone in my John Humble.

Probably one of the worst comments I've ever read on here. What a fucking joke

Like shite is it.

There used to be OOO OOO OOO ing, Booing, Monkey Noises, Bananas thrown on the pitch, chants of he's a wog a wog etc etc at English Footballs (and SJP was one of the worst for it) grounds every week all over the country and blokes lined up selling NF literature behind the Gallowgate End.

You never hear or see any of that now and haven't for donkeys years.

Racism can simultaneously be less prevalent but not 'all but gone'.

I'm bored of the Ferdinands and their victim act, Anton was calling someone a cunt and bringing up his personal life, and was called a black cunt in return. Obviously disgusting from Terry, but Anton wasn't exactly being "picked on", he was being a twat aswell, he just got trumped in the twat department..

He's got the right idea but he's executing it in the wrong way/with the wrong people.

He's raised the issue, you can't expect subtlety from football players. Some t-shirts being worn, nobody would have even noticed for more than 30 seconds.