Newcastle United 2 - 1 West Brom - 28/10/12 - post match relief from page 29

Greg

Guest bimpy474

Obertan on for Shola please

Want somebody faster on to loose the ball like?

Lose the o, let it loose. The o.

Fuck off :)

Fair enough :lol:

We just look miles better with a central three. I've always been a 4-4-2 man in the past but when everyone else is packing the middle of the pitch, you've got to have really amazing wide players to make that formation work.

We also look good today because Cabaye is positioned higher up so we're pressing higher up and there's men around their box. Ba doesn't look too isolated up front today.

That was pretty good, we're well on top and just at the point I was starting to think that it might be a frustrating afternoon we managed to get a goal. People are banging on about the long ball, but there's nothing wrong with the odd long ball if we're playing with pace and it's done early before the opposition have the chance to get organised and that's what we've done for the vast majority of the time. We've finally started playing with the pace we were last season and we look so much better for it. Now everything is crisp and sharp and we're mixing it up, some long balls, some short and more intricate passing and some dribbling, it's much much better than the early season, when we looked unfit and were therefore way off the pace. It's as simple as that for me, now we're fit we're playing well, whereas before we were unfit and played badly. We'll be alright from here on in, but how many points have we thrown away up to now due to lack of fitness? I can't understand why any coach would allow his players to start the season unfit, it's ridiculous.

Anyway, let's get a couple more in the second and win this by the margin our dominance deserves.

Yup. If we get an early goal, we could score a couple more, given how relaxed we'll be by then.

Canny half on the whole, although I suspect we'll do our usual trick of defending a 1 goal lead with our lives with no attacking intent whatsoever.

Same, we have some quality options on the bench. Hope we continue to have a go because with those coming off the bench against tired legs we could make it a lot more comfortable.

That was pretty good, we're well on top and just at the point I was starting to think that it might be a frustrating afternoon we managed to get a goal. People are banging on about the long ball, but there's nothing wrong with the odd long ball if we're playing with pace and it's done early before the opposition have the chance to get organised and that's what we've done for the vast majority of the time. We've finally started playing with the pace we were last season and we look so much better for it. Now everything is crisp and sharp and we're mixing it up, some long balls, some short and more intricate passing and some dribbling, it's much much better than the early season, when we looked unfit and were therefore way off the pace. It's as simple as that for me, now we're fit we're playing well, whereas before we were unfit and played badly. We'll be alright from here on in, but how many points have we thrown away up to now due to lack of fitness? I can't understand why any coach would allow his players to start the season unfit, it's ridiculous.

Anyway, let's get a couple more in the second and win this by the margin our dominance deserves.

Yup. If we get an early goal, we could score a couple more, given how relaxed we'll be by then.

If we get an early goal I think we'll sit back.