Newcastle United 2 - 1 West Brom - 28/10/12 - post match relief from page 29

Greg

Guest Wally_McFool

My response was that it would be hard but that I'd try. I wasn't going to defend swearing if it offends someone, but then again, you wouldn't hang around a butchers if you were vegetarian.

If you're in a public place behave like a civilised person.  If your vocabulary is so lacking that you absolutely must swear then I would suggest evening classes.

Football match, you should expect swearing end of.

Wasn't so long ago you could have added violence and racism to that.  Perhaps we should just tolerate it because it's a football match.

MASSIVE difference between someone shouting racist abuse or being violent, compared to someone standing up and shouting "close him the f*** down"

MASSIVE,

If you want to sit in a crowd with no personality, you may as well watch it at home mate, with the lights off by yourself.

That's fair enough, i'm not saying don't swear, I swear all the time but be aware of the people around you.  If there's an old girl sitting nearby (as KI said) then moderate yourself.

The PC brigade that infest our football grounds (and this forum ) should fuck off to knitting and sewing classes instead of going to footy.

The "easily offended" cunts! :D

Guest firetotheworks

It was basically 'for fucks sake' 'what the fuck is that!?' 'Shola man, fucking hell!' 'What the fuck!'

That kind of thing. I don't think that's offensive at all at a football match. There were no kids around at all either.

It was basically 'for f***s sake' 'what the f*** is that!?' 'Shola man, f***ing hell!' 'What the f***!'

That kind of thing. I don't think that's offensive at all at a football match. There were no kids around at all either.

Yeah - I wouldn't have a problem with that...

I can't control myself from swearing while watching football. Can control myself in any other circumstance but not during football. If I was surrounded by families then I'm sure I'd be able to change it but there's just something about 'fuck's sake' or 'are you fucking kidding me?' when we lose the ball that I just have to say. I never call people shite apart from the ref though

Guest firetotheworks

Can you honestly imagine a match without swearing though? There's swearing in songs and chants ffs :lol: I honestly heard a bloke say during the Man United match. 'Come on boys, show us some sport!'

Just watch the highlights again from MOTD last night and in the after match interview Partridge is banging on about the players being tired because of  the Bruges game.

I might have believed him if he  had picked most of 'em for that game.  :coolsmiley:

Aye posted that in the Pardew thread, he says that the players playing on Sunday were emotionally tired from em not playing against Brugges.  :lol:

West Brom are a very good side which their results so far prove and we struggled against their pressing,passing and movement in the second half.

Just watched the 60 minute highlights, and I think this is a good point. It didn't look to me like it was just a matter of us playing badly. They're a good side whose position in the league isn't a false one.

Yes, convincing wins against Liverpool and Everton, a draw at Spurs and a very unlucky defeat to Man City prove they are no mugs. They certainly gave us a very difficult time yesterday.

So far this season they are arguably the best side in the league outside of the so called "big clubs".

Great credit to Timmy Krul for the winning goal, his desire to get the ball straight out to Santon, at a time when some may have just hung on to it for a while, was really positive and ultimately rewarded.

The bloke behind me had spent the entire game berating him for hanging onto it too long. :D

Rubbish match and we certainly didn't deserve to win. I fully expected them to grab the late goal. I was over the moon when they took Lukaku off, he was getting right on my nerves. :lol:

The prospect of seeing us perform like that an Anfield does not excite me.

Genuine question, but why is it perfectly alright to swear at the ground (and I'm not at all opposed to it), but swear words have to get starred out on here? Surely the forum is an extension of the football ground/post-match pub?

You can change the setting so you can see them.

Guest neesy111

Guess this is the problem when football is starting to turn to a middle class sport mainly by pricing out the working class. i.e. The Swearing stuff.

Great credit to Timmy Krul for the winning goal, his desire to get the ball straight out to Santon, at a time when some may have just hung on to it for a while, was really positive and ultimately rewarded.

The bloke behind me had spent the entire game berating him for hanging onto it too long. :D

Rubbish match and we certainly didn't deserve to win. I fully expected them to grab the late goal. I was over the moon when they took Lukaku off, he was getting right on my nerves. :lol:

The prospect of seeing us perform like that an Anfield does not excite me.

Aye, their significant height advantage had me fearing the worst as they had a few corners and free kicks in dangerous positions towards the end.

Made the eventual victory even sweeter though  :D

Guess this is the problem when football is starting to turn to a middle class sport mainly by pricing out the working class. i.e. The Swearing stuff.

Doesn't add up mate.  No correlation whatsoever between class/education and swearing nowadays.

Genuine question, but why is it perfectly alright to swear at the ground (and I'm not at all opposed to it), but swear words have to get starred out on here? Surely the forum is an extension of the football ground/post-match pub?

You can change the setting so you can see them.

For realz? had no idea :lol: