Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Have heard from a 50/50 reliable source that the Debuchy transfer will be the only incoming transfer of the window, which makes sense that it wasn't completed until the Demba money was in the bank.

And also that one more outgoing is expected. If true we're as good as down IMO, 1 in 2 out, great sense that.

I'd find that crazy to accept, surely given our form and position come January that selling Ba and bringing in Debuchy will never help save our season from the threat of relegation.

We must sign a quality centre back and striker else we risk going down again. Pardew can't be trusted to get us out of it without support and I don't trust our best XI to stay fit and do enough to get us the points as things are.

Guest TyneBridge

Have heard from a 50/50 reliable source that the Debuchy transfer will be the only incoming transfer of the window, which makes sense that it wasn't completed until the Demba money was in the bank.

And also that one more outgoing is expected. If true we're as good as down IMO, 1 in 2 out, great sense that.

I think this will be 100% accurate!

I'd find that crazy to accept, surely given our form and position come January that selling Ba and bringing in Debuchy will never help save our season from the threat of relegation.

We must sign a quality centre back and striker else we risk going down again. Pardew can't be trusted to get us out of it without support and I don't trust our best XI to stay fit and do enough to get us the points as things are.

Ashley won't gamble with premiership status.  He wants a slice of the revenue next season.

I fully expect this is the only time he will put his hand deep in his pocket because it's in his best interests.

This would make sense for owners who actually had the slightest clue of how to run a football club, and a manager who is able to put this across to the board firmly without being a puppet.

Pards' puts a lot of emphasis on players returning from injury to ease the pressure on himself but also in a futile attempt to divert attention away from the fact that we probably wont bring anyone else in, and the fact that he reiterates this point so much would probably mean Ashley is willing to take a gamble on us getting out of trouble when our players come back, rather than heightening the chances and spending money on a few bodies through the door.

Guest TyneBridge

we would all find it crazy.........doesn't mean it won't happen mate

I am literally (half) shaking with anger here.  :angry:

Even Pardew has said we need signings and said the board has been supportive over transfers. I'd be shocked if they don't intend to sign more players. It's whether they can pull it off or not.

Ashley won't gamble with premiership status.  He wants a slice of the revenue next season.

I fully expect this is the only time he will put his hand because it's in his best interests.

I'm pinning my hopes on this for a decent January transfer window. He gambled in the summer by now committing a bit more cash to getting in the right personnel, now we are royally paying for it so I hope he spends a bit to ensure we are still here next season and making the most of our key players.

Not that I have any hope we will sign anyone else Debuchy was 'officially' signed 2 days after we could register players and the Flickr pictures were taken the day before. We would have been hard pushed to get the deal through any sooner tbh Ba deal or not.

we would all find it crazy.........doesn't mean it won't happan mate

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0y7001YOP1rnvcnko1_500.gif

I think this will be 100% accurate!

We'd sink like a fucking stone if this were to happen. Morale would dissipate faster than Ashley's wallet at a whip round for drinks.

Guest TyneBridge

You don't have to worry aboot ashleys wallet! It will look after itself wor kid......or a few big heavies will look after it

Guest TyneBridge

Let's hope NUFC's new recruits have something more positive and constructive to contribute than this forum's new recruits.

lets have your views then mr elder statesman & experienced poster.......

All seems rather dramatic to me. I'll wager any one of the doom mongers on here £50 to the SBR foundation we spend several million pounds on a striker this window. For all Ashley's PR disasters we have had 3 successful seasons on the pitch on the trot (defined in the respect that we would taken the outcome had we been offered it before a ball had been kicked on each occasion). This season has gone tits up but there is plenty still to play for, our squad has players coming back and the fixture list is looking kinder. Ashley knows the only way we maintain any value is by maintaining our PL status ahead of the new tv deal and by keeping the gates where they are now. He spent more than most in jan in the championship and again last year. The only time we have been net sellers in jan was the relegation year which would have burned him and the sale of Andy Carroll which was absolutely an exception that he rightly couldn't resist.

I dislike him as much as the next fan but my read is that since his initial series of clusterfucks he has irritatingly got things right more often than wrong. I don't think this is entirely down to luck, although admittedly some huge slices fell our way prior to this season.

So, money where mouth is, £50 to SBR foundation if you think we won't get a striker this January. Happy to take bet from up to 5 people so will lay £250 that we do. Lets see if you naysayers really believe your negative hype ;)

Guest ItalianMagpie

Have heard from a 50/50 reliable source

:lol:

Lad who told me has got things right and things wrong in the past, perhaps I didn't phrase that too well.

Well I am a 50/50 reliable source as well: if I take a stab in the dark with no information whatsoever that's the probability I'll guess it right :lol: