Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nobody knows what's going on, whether we've made a bid or not, Ian. The answer is always, GET FUCKING ANGRY!!111!

Me? Calm as owt. Slightly worried as to why there is no concrete bid coming out like it did with Debuchy or even QPR's bid for him.

You trust the board then, admirable quality. Im hoping were not haggling over half a million or something while other clubs start taking interest. 

Day 8 of the window and we've signed one of the top RBs in Europe, and seem close to the vital striker we need. Not too bad so far.

'Close to signing' is what this regime does best. Let's not give them credit for something they haven't done yet.

Well identifying buyable players in positions we need is something to be given credit for. You're right though, getting it done is crucial. I just don't think January 8th, with one signing already sealed, is the time to panic.

True, but would be nice if we were at least linked somewhat reliably to a CB.

This as well. CB for me is essential. As much as I think Taylor is good enough for our needs he's unreliable injury wise and to have Willo so close to playing the rest of the season is frightening.

Day 8 of the window and we've signed one of the top RBs in Europe, and seem close to the vital striker we need. Not too bad so far.

And we haven't sold anyone else yet, which is always a bonus. :lol:

I think the point TT is trying to make is that whilst we have until the end of the month to try and complete this move, by then three very winnable games will have been played. Which is a big deal. If you want a striker to help you win matches, it helps if they're available for the matches.

I think the point TT is trying to make is that whilst we have until the end of the month to try and complete this move, by then three very winnable games will have been played. Which is a big deal. If you want a striker to help you win matches, it helps if they're available for the matches.

:thup: We can't afford such a casual approach to signing players given the situation we're in.

'Close to signing' is what this regime does best. Let's not give them credit for something they haven't done yet.

Well identifying buyable players in positions we need is something to be given credit for. You're right though, getting it done is crucial. I just don't think January 8th, with one signing already sealed, is the time to panic.

At what stage of that Villa match did it start to dawn on you? Full time?  :lol:

If it truly is hope and positivity that drives you then i admire it, but I don't think there is any harm questioning things especially going off previous form.

Guest icemanblue

Nobody knows what's going on, whether we've made a bid or not, Ian. The answer is always, GET FUCKING ANGRY!!111!

Me? Calm as owt. Slightly worried as to why there is no concrete bid coming out like it did with Debuchy or even QPR's bid for him.

You trust the board then, admirable quality. Im hoping were not haggling over half a million or something while other clubs start taking interest. 

Not directed at you specifically, like. Just in general. There are conflicting reports that we've made a bid, haven't made a bid, and that we've agreed a fee. Nothing is clear at the moment, yet people seem to be getting a bit agitated.

I don't trust the board in the slightest.

That's a fair point. On the other hand we all know how Ashley & Co conduct their business, which strangely didn't stop a large number of posters on here feeling ambivalent or even optimistic about our top scorer leaving for a pittance.

Exactly. Win all 3 and basically were safe and can breathe, maybe even try and rescue part of the season, but we certainly won't do that with the squad we've got available.

I'm delighted in the swiftness of the Debuchy deal, i had thought with Ba going so quickly and us making waves we were learning from our mistakes and would also have that sorted giving us the rest of the window to pick out a CB. It could get done before the weekend, again i'd be delighted, but something is sticking in this deal, and not much has been directly said from our end.

Would people be satisfied with remy and nothing else? The fact it's not that ridiculous to suggest we get neither makes me think just debuchy and remy wouldn't be too bad a window. All three seems a bit optimistic.

I'm not satisfied unless we get a striker of real quality and a centre half of equal quality really. 4 windows now we've needed a centre half and we barely seem to have had any targets even linked.

Would people be satisfied with remy and nothing else? The fact it's not that ridiculous to suggest we get neither makes me think just debuchy and remy wouldn't be too bad a window. All three seems a bit optimistic.

I don't think we'll get a CB with Taylor approaching fitness. At best I think we'll maybe sign a youngster and look at Douglas again in the summer when he's out of contract, with a view to shifting Williamson on.

I'm not satisfied unless we get a striker of real quality and a centre half of equal quality really. 4 windows now we've needed a centre half and we barely seem to have had any targets even linked.

"We have about seven names for a centre-half," from October. Not that you're wrong, of course.

"We have about seven names for a centre-half," from October. Not that you're wrong, of course.

Probably seven nick names they gave for Mike Williamson.

No outgoings?

Yes.

Centre half

Centre back

Central defender

Stopper

Sweeper

Libero

Willo

:lol: very good.

Guest icemanblue

Douglas, Sakho, Mbiwa, Williams, Isimat-Mirin, Alderweireld, van Dijk.

All linked with us, in various media, off the top of my head.

No outgoings?

Yes.

This is the problem though, we're becoming "satisfied" with an understrength squad because we've pretty much been beaten into submission by Mike and his frugality, or whatever the fuck it is.

We have a good starting XI, but once Ben Arfa gets a niggle we're playing strikers or central midfielders on the wing, an injury to the already appalling Williamson and Perch is playing at centre back, or left back if Santon is out, or maybe we'll just plonk Jonas in there, who knows?

Outside of our well stocked central midfield the options in reserve are either too inexperienced or utility men.