Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I reckon the clever money must be on a "Shefti-kuqi" type clogger on loan or short contract if this carries on.

we got lucky with Sibiersky that one window & maybe Ashley sees that as a viable president?

Its all ok waiting to the last hour of the window, gambling on the outcome of the months unsuccesfull bids comming to fruition, but nine (precious)points could well have ben squandered by then. The sad thing is, I can genuinely see 0 points from the next three games a possibility with the personell at his disposal & the current form they`re showing.

I think we'll get between 3 and 7 points from our next 3 games, Norwich will probably beat us but we could get something from that game, we'll beat Reading and at the minute I can't see Villa beating us and our first away win is a possibility.

Be right...please

I reckon the clever money must be on a "Shefti-kuqi" type clogger on loan or short contract if this carries on.

No need to conclude that yet, it looks like we're at least trying to buy a proper striker.

Unacceptable! Do, or do not. There is no try. :lol:

I really am at pains to type this as I get a feeling I know the kind of reaction (To me rather than the content), but a guy I know who has connections with Aston Villa reckons we`ve enquired about the availabilty / price etc. of Darren Bent!!.

I must stress I think its a wind up, but, worringly, he`s not normally that type.

Guest neesy111

When was the last time we had decent enough cover across the whole squad? :lol:

How many clubs can ever really say that though? Honest question.

I'm saying decent cover, look at the likes of Stoke and West Brom their squads are much deeper in terms of quality and if we can't compete with them in terms of squad size then we really have major issues as a club.

Guest neesy111

I don't think Stoke or West Brom's squad are any better than ours really, we just don't know how bad their reserves are. The drop in quality might be less, because the first team is worse.

Well they have more than 3 CB's and 2 CF's for starters in their 1st team squad.

I'm saying decent cover, look at the likes of Stoke and West Brom their squads are much deeper in terms of quality and if we can't compete with them in terms of squad size then we really have major issues as a club.

We have a squad of 49, West Brom 40, Stoke just 36.

Ok that's just in terms of numbers, but while I may be underestimating how good some of their players might be, looking through the lists I'm still really struggling to see this  'much deeper in terms of quality' claim. ???

I don't think Stoke or West Brom's squad are any better than ours really, we just don't know how bad their reserves are. The drop in quality might be less, because the first team is worse.

Well they have more than 3 CB's and 2 CF's for starters in their 1st team squad.

Well we know those two positions are our weaknesses.

I'm sure most WBA and Stoke fans are having the same discussions as us, and also that they would swap the majority of their players for ours.

Guest neesy111

Ok that's just in terms of numbers, but while I may be underestimating how good some of their players might be, looking through the lists I'm still really struggling to see this  'much deeper in terms of quality' claim. ???

You've just counted the last squad number ffs.  That would mean some teams have 99 as some players carry those numbers. :lol:

This bit in the Journal seems to be a pretty good assessment of where we are at...

The latest round of discussions seemed to suggest that the clubs remain apart on a valuation, while Rémy’s representatives play their cards close to their chest.

Interest from Germany has been widely touted and The Journal understands an agent has been given a mandate to find the player a Bundesliga move. But Rémy himself seems to favour joining Newcastle’s French legion. One of Newcastle’s alternatives is to move for St Etienne’s highly-rated Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, who is less experienced than Rémy so represents less of a battle-ready solution.

No move for Rémy is likely before Saturday, while Marseille continue to play down talk that he will be leaving in this window.

Read more: Journal Live http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2013/01/10/fabricio-coloccini-wanted-by-argentinian-side-san-lorenzo-61634-32578448/#ixzz2HZhnj9dv

Oh dear.

As I said a couple of days ago we aren't offering anywhere near 11m and now everybody is wasting each others time. On top of that it seems there was never a come and get me type scenario reg this player who has been in and out of the team and probably using the move as a bargaining chip. The giveaway is that if WE WERE SERIOUS this would have all been hammered out before the window opened.

You've just counted the last squad number ffs.  That would mean some teams have 99 as some players carry those numbers. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Do'h.

/Still got the same or bigger squad than both of them mind. And still struggling to see the extra quality.

Guest neesy111

:lol: :lol: :lol: Do'h.

You said we had a squad of 49.  We don't.

The only department we are healthy in is midfield.  Both Stoke and West Brom have players that can come in after they get 2 injuries or more, we simply don't.

Guest neesy111

Its not the squad numbers that are the problem we have a big enough squad the problem is quality.

Sell all our deadwood for EL level players matter about CL level and no one would complain about the squad.

That's what I'm pointing out.

Guest icemanblue

His agent has been told to find him a move to Germany, even though he wants to move to Newcastle?

It's obviously the fee which is the sticking point. Again.

How do you know that?

His agent has been told to find him a move to Germany, even though he wants to move to Newcastle?

How do you know that?

because it doesn't make sense otherwise.

Guest icemanblue

How do you know that?

because it doesn't make sense otherwise.

What doesn't? That he isn't overly keen on the move?