Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

As others have mentioned, their wage to turnover ratio is just beyond vile.

They have been slated on here since last January for their mental spending yet still havent bought a decent defender. Like you say the 20 or so players they have got in 18 months is disgraceful tbh

Newcastle United rocked by late blow on Loic Remy transfer

by Mark Douglas, The JournalJan 15 2013

NEWCASTLE United were dealt a major setback in the transfer market last night as QPR staged an 11th-hour hijack of their move for France striker Loïc Rémy.

The club have been left frustrated and angered by QPR’s late intervention and Rémy’s remarkable volte face, which has sent them back to a pool of targets that includes Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Bafetimbi Gomis.

United believed that they had done enough to secure an £8.3million move for Rémy on Sunday – and the move was significantly advanced enough for the forward to call Yohan Cabaye and Hatem Ben Arfa to ask for their take on matters at St James’ Park.

But the player’s representatives met relegation-threatened QPR late on Sunday night and were made an eye-watering offer of £80,000-a-week plus bonuses that has swayed Remy in favour of a move to the ailing South London club.

He is expected to be announced as a QPR player imminently.

United insiders are telling The Journal they were ready to “move on” to other targets.

Marseille sporting director Jose Anigo confirmed QPR had agreed a fee and said last night: “I don’t think Rémy has shut the door on QPR, as has been said everywhere.”

Rémy had not officially signed for either club last night but a senior United source told The Journal the club confirmed they expected the player to sign for QPR.

It would be a bitter blow for Newcastle, who have spent most of January pursuing Remy, but if he opts for Loftus Road it would say much about the player’s motivation.

United will certainly not be prepared to offer a similar contract to QPR, which would include a low release clause in case the club are relegated.

They will move on to other targets, with St Etienne’s Aubameyang moving to the head of United’s targets.

Lyon striker Gomis is another target that United have been tracking this month.

Although it may result in disappointment this time, United’s policy of managing their finances – and not allowing players to dictate wages – has been a common theme of Mike Ashley’s time in charge. A difficult deal was always going to be made tougher by the presence of so many agents.

News of Remy’s potential change of heart began to break on Monday afternoon, and was sent into fever pitch by Joey Barton Tweeting that he had been told the player was now signing for QPR.

Meanwhile, United’s mercurial star Hatem Ben Arfa has given an interview to La Parisien newspaper in which he spoke of his desire to play for PSG in the future.

That was backed up by later comments to BeIn Sport in France, where he said PSG was the “club of his heart”.

“After I have saved my club, you never know. Signing for PSG would be a childhood dream,” he said. “If there is a proposal, I will study it with interest. If there is a proposal. The ‘if’ is important.

“PSG is a club that lives in my heart. To play would be a nice gift.”

A move is very unlikely any time soon, with Ben Arfa considered by the hierarchy to be one of Newcastle’s crown jewels. He has never spoken about leaving and admitted it was far from his mind.

He said: “I am under contract with Newcastle and I’m fine. First, I must save my club. I only think of that.

“I will help my team and my coach (manager Alan Pardew), with whom I get along great. We really want to fight for him. The fans are great too.”

Pardew wants Ben Arfa back for the Tottenham game at the end of the month but the forward believes it is more likely to be mid-February when he returns.

“I should be able to resume in mid-February,” he said.

“I heal from Monday to Friday at the medical centre at Clairefontaine.

“Morale is good because I’m in Paris with family. But when I see the (Newcastle) games on television, it is not easy. The team needs all players and it is almost relegation

Read more: Journal Live http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2013/01/15/newcastle-united-rocked-by-late-blow-on-loic-remy-transfer-61634-32599889/#ixzz2I2717WO1

Guest neesy111

They want to build a new stadium and they will get a lot of corporate sponsors from Asia. Fernandes is a smart guy. He's not a guy who lucked or was born into money. He has business sense. He's investing now and hopes that it'll pay off later. The sustainability of the club will depend on their revenue but he already has a plan for increasing their revenue. That's much more than Portsmouth ever had. Whether he's successful is another matter but they're certainly not a Portsmouth who had owners who spent beyond their capabilities.

Yes they are.

Portsmouth had a new stadium in the pipeline.

Portsmouth actively were looking for extra sponsors and thought buying success now would buy them guaranteed future which was completely wrong.

They still went he same way as Leeds.

Which QPR will do when they get relegated.

Good old Arry, has a rant about inheriting a team of overpaid foreigners one week, then a month later offers this lad £80,000 a week! Makes lots of sense, Remy is in a win-win situation whether they stay up or go down, he's hardly going to break his neck ensuring their safety! I'll be so glad if they go down, and he walks away for 2 or 3 million

Good old Arry, has a rant about inheriting a team of overpaid foreigners one week, then a month later offers this lad £80,000 a week! Makes lots of sense, Remy is in a win-win situation whether they stay up or go down, he's hardly going to break his neck ensuring their safety! I'll be so glad if they go down, and he walks away for 2 or 3 million

http://yfrog.com/scaled/landing/875/16810497.jpg

We have to move on to the next target TODAY and pay what it takes to get him (within reason oviously).

We apparently scout them for months/years before they get on the shortlist so shouldn't be too hard to move on....aye right :lol: by the time we've readied the offer the window will be shut.

Obvious disappointment to lose out on a player to a desperate offer from a club who have already shown they are prepared to throw silly money around.

It's led to some anger and criticism of our transfer policy, but with regard to this specific case, does anyone think we should go head to head with QPR regarding terms to get this player at any cost ?

I know we won't, but just interested to know if people think we should.

Obvious disappointment to lose out on a player to a desperate offer from a club who have already shown they are prepared to throw silly money around.

It's led to some anger and criticism of our transfer policy, but with regard to this specific case, does anyone think we should go head to head with QPR regarding terms to get this player at any cost ?

not at all

Nah, part of me wants to say yes so that we get the player in that we obviously wanted, but aside from actually paying the 80k or whatever, we'd risk unsettling a lot of other players.

I'm out.

This fucking season man!!http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/Smileys/Newcastle-Online/rant.gif

Gutted to be fair but i do agree with us not breaking our wage structure (especially not for this Mercenary)

Hopefully we have other targets lined up.

As a few on here have already said, i'm not that bothered about missing out on Remy because I don't know that much about him. What makes me anxious is that we've spent the best part of two weeks working on the transfer and we might now end up with no striker to replace Ba.

Seems like there are some other decent options out there but i don't have a lot of confidence in the chuckle brothers to get one of them over the line.

Newcastle United rocked by late blow on Loic Remy transfer

by Mark Douglas, The JournalJan 15 2013

NEWCASTLE United were dealt a major setback in the transfer market last night as QPR staged an 11th-hour hijack of their move for France striker Loïc Rémy.

The club have been left frustrated and angered by QPR’s late intervention and Rémy’s remarkable volte face, which has sent them back to a pool of targets that includes Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Bafetimbi Gomis.

United believed that they had done enough to secure an £8.3million move for Rémy on Sunday – and the move was significantly advanced enough for the forward to call Yohan Cabaye and Hatem Ben Arfa to ask for their take on matters at St James’ Park.

But the player’s representatives met relegation-threatened QPR late on Sunday night and were made an eye-watering offer of £80,000-a-week plus bonuses that has swayed Remy in favour of a move to the ailing South London club.

He is expected to be announced as a QPR player imminently.

United insiders are telling The Journal they were ready to “move on” to other targets.

Marseille sporting director Jose Anigo confirmed QPR had agreed a fee and said last night: “I don’t think Rémy has shut the door on QPR, as has been said everywhere.”

Rémy had not officially signed for either club last night but a senior United source told The Journal the club confirmed they expected the player to sign for QPR.

It would be a bitter blow for Newcastle, who have spent most of January pursuing Remy, but if he opts for Loftus Road it would say much about the player’s motivation.

United will certainly not be prepared to offer a similar contract to QPR, which would include a low release clause in case the club are relegated.

They will move on to other targets, with St Etienne’s Aubameyang moving to the head of United’s targets.

Lyon striker Gomis is another target that United have been tracking this month.

Although it may result in disappointment this time, United’s policy of managing their finances – and not allowing players to dictate wages – has been a common theme of Mike Ashley’s time in charge. A difficult deal was always going to be made tougher by the presence of so many agents.

News of Remy’s potential change of heart began to break on Monday afternoon, and was sent into fever pitch by Joey Barton Tweeting that he had been told the player was now signing for QPR.

Meanwhile, United’s mercurial star Hatem Ben Arfa has given an interview to La Parisien newspaper in which he spoke of his desire to play for PSG in the future.

That was backed up by later comments to BeIn Sport in France, where he said PSG was the “club of his heart”.

“After I have saved my club, you never know. Signing for PSG would be a childhood dream,” he said. “If there is a proposal, I will study it with interest. If there is a proposal. The ‘if’ is important.

“PSG is a club that lives in my heart. To play would be a nice gift.”

A move is very unlikely any time soon, with Ben Arfa considered by the hierarchy to be one of Newcastle’s crown jewels. He has never spoken about leaving and admitted it was far from his mind.

He said: “I am under contract with Newcastle and I’m fine. First, I must save my club. I only think of that.

“I will help my team and my coach (manager Alan Pardew), with whom I get along great. We really want to fight for him. The fans are great too.”

Pardew wants Ben Arfa back for the Tottenham game at the end of the month but the forward believes it is more likely to be mid-February when he returns.

“I should be able to resume in mid-February,” he said.

“I heal from Monday to Friday at the medical centre at Clairefontaine.

“Morale is good because I’m in Paris with family. But when I see the (Newcastle) games on television, it is not easy. The team needs all players and it is almost relegation

Read more: Journal Live http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2013/01/15/newcastle-united-rocked-by-late-blow-on-loic-remy-transfer-61634-32599889/#ixzz2I2717WO1

can´t see gomis and cisse being a good partnership. Although i think gomis is a good player...he is similar to cisse i think.

People who whinge about losing out on Remy don't understand that if we did match QPR's offer we'd have a dressing room full of players all on the phone to their agents telling them to get us to give them a better deal.

Did that happen with Coloccini?

People who whinge about losing out on Remy don't understand that if we did match QPR's offer we'd have a dressing room full of players all on the phone to their agents telling them to get us to give them a better deal.

Did that happen with Coloccini?

I think even pro footballers will understand that some players deserve the contracts they get and very few would quibble with Colo's deal knowing his quality and value to the club.

Giving such a deal to someone who has never set foot in the PL yet and is coming from the bench in France would be an altogether different thing.

Guest firetotheworks

I made the mistake of talking about this with a Man U fan. He reckons it's just sour grapes, so I asked him to consider if a player would sign for Man United or Man City and if they still chose to go to Man United for less money, why they would do it. Man United have more prestige was the answer. So aye, apparently we don't have enough more prestige than QPR to justify coming here for less money than going there.

Others saying, it's like a worse company offering you more money, you'd go with the more money. I'm so fucking sick of this argument. It's not accountancy, no one dreams of working in an office. It's football ffs. Kids don't play on the streets thinking about wages and get out clauses. Fucking abhorrent man.