Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

He'll not be locked up immediately after he is charged, he'll be set a court date which will then be adjourned, possibly multiple times and then given a trial date, the whole thing won't be sorted out until many months from now.

Beat ya  :p

Liverpool do bring in more money but not to the proportions they spend more than us, not even close.

They beat us 6-0 on our own patch with Downing and Henderson in the team, the latter scoring twice. Yet certain people on here think they're the mugs and we're the dead clever ones. Absolutely embarrassing.

Downing and Henderson playing is kind of irrelevant... does that make them good signings?

FWIW I don't believe what you've ascribed to me there, if you meant me. If Liverpool think they can afford to risk £30m flops then that's fair enough, I'll laugh at the individual signings but they're entitled to whatever strategy they can support.

I think they're good players like.

Guest chopey

Have we even spent all the Carrol money yet, we will be the only team in the premier league going into their first fixture with a weaker squad than what finished last season. Pardew needs to man up and admit it instead of making excuses for not "getting them over the line"

Guest icemanblue

Have we even spent all the Carrol money yet, we will be the only team in the premier league going into their first fixture with a weaker squad than what finished last season. Pardew needs to man up and admit it instead of making excuses for not "getting them over the line"

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/11/23/article-2065089-0EE7050100000578-630_468x427.jpg

Guest bimpy474

So he could be in jail before he is match fit?

Shit! Offer Carlton Cole £100kpw plus £2m bonus, it doesn't matter were getting more money at the end of the season.

:lol: worst post ever.

Yes, i imagined TT's post in the style of a sulking Bonnie Langford in Just William. :lol:

I think this is our rough profit from what I can find online:

2009 - £38m loss

2010 - £34m loss

2011 - £4m profit

2012 - £10m profit

Cool we've got -£58m to spend.  :lol:

I mean, I know we are due some money, but we also have a lot of ongoing debt. Yes, it's to Mike Ashley now but that's only because he cleared our unsustainable debt position when he arrived. We could not go on losing £30m a season with the credit situation tightening, I don't know how anyone can argue otherwise.

The only clubs that can are the ones where the owner has the ability and desire to shoulder infinite debt.

(Obviously this is where the 'it's his own fault for buying us' argument fits in)

Guest bimpy474

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/11/23/article-2065089-0EE7050100000578-630_468x427.jpg

Tbf they finished 4th and have finished in the top 4 for the last 17 years, while we nearly got relegated so not really a close comparison. Points valid though.

If you buy a £50m player, your accounts will show exactly the same profit because they go onto the accounts as an asset, so I don't know why the fuck you're posting profits for or what that's meant to prove.

2009 - £38m loss

2010 - £34m loss

2011 - £4m profit

2012 - £10m profit

I mean, I know we are due some money, but we also have a lot of ongoing debt. Yes, it's to Mike Ashley now but that's only because he cleared our unsustainable debt position when he arrived. We could not go on losing £30m a season with the credit situation tightening, I don't know how anyone can argue otherwise.

The only clubs that can are the ones where the owner has the ability and desire to shoulder infinite debt.

(Obviously this is where the 'it's his own fault for buying us' argument fits in)

So you're fine with him taking £10m or whatever back out of the club this season instead of buying a quality wide player with it?

If you buy a £50m player, your accounts will show exactly the same profit because they go onto the accounts as an asset, so I don't know why the fuck you're posting profits for or what that's meant to prove.

I don't think it's as simple as that. Otherwise things like the Carroll money wouldn't affect the P&L account, because we would receive £35m cash but lose a £35m asset.

So you're fine with him taking £10m or whatever back out of the club this season instead of buying a quality wide player with it?

I'd rather he bought a player, but I don't expect him to shoulder that debt interest free for ever. Reasonable debt repayments are part of any business model. I mean, if we didn't owe the money to Ashley we would presumably owe it to a bank at a much more expensive rate.

Err we didn't lose any asset when we lost Carroll. We got him for free. Fairly simple stuff this like.

So the balance sheet value of a footballer is just what we paid for them? That doesn't seem to really make sense. Could be wrong obviously, I'm not an expert by any means!

I'd rather he bought a player, but I don't expect him to shoulder that debt interest free for ever. Reasonable debt repayments are part of any business model. I mean, if we didn't owe the money to Ashley we would presumably owe it to a bank at a much more expensive rate.

Wullie wants us to spend next seasons money now, of course we just pluck that money out of the air until then, no interest or owt. Maybe if we pose as a Muslim club we'd get away with it.

They're assets based on what you paid over the length of the contract. A ten million pound player on a five year deal is on the books as £10m asset when you buy him, £8m a year later and so on. After the contract period, or if the player was free, he is not treated as an asset at all for the purposes of the accounts.

So we haven't got a single new recruit for the new season. Good work Newcastle :thup:

Remy?

Who's injured for a month of it?

My point is we have the same team that finished 16th for Monday

Not being funny we could buy 10 quality players and still lose on Monday.

Season starts at home to West Ham.

Guest bimpy474

2009 - £38m loss

2010 - £34m loss

2011 - £4m profit

2012 - £10m profit

If he wants to make a go of owning us then i'd expect him to spend the money, but if he's not going to, let him take the money to pay the debt, if it means he's fucking off asap.

Wullie wants us to spend next seasons money now, of course we just pluck that money out of the air until then, no interest or owt. Maybe if we pose as a Muslim club we'd get away with it.

Did we not get any last year like?  Where on Earth have you got this idea from that the club is skint? :lol:

What about this seasons money? People say we chipped into it in January, but what about last season's money? We spent something like what, £14m net last season? That's not a lot, but people seem to think it's the equivalent of two seasons worth of transfer money.