Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We can cope without a winger as we do have cover, not top quality but still...

What we can't afford to go without is a CB and I'd rather we have one in than having Remy.

It shouldn't be one or the other anyway.

Aubameyang has said he won't leave this window as have st.etienne and i believe Gomis is pretty key for lyon so no chance on either.

I'm pretty convinced we won't get anyone. Gutted.

Players say they won't leave all the time only to leave a couple of weeks later.

Aye, not convinced we will do whats necessary to land him though.

There's plenty wrong with this regime and we've done to death the whole thing about how they fucked up not bringing anyone in in the summer. I don't have any complaints over this though. If the lad doesn't want to come and play for us then move on. We can't get into a situation where agents/players have us over the barrel to pay ludicrous wages like this. Ofcourse the extreme is the carry on like with the Debuchy situation but I don't blame them that they won't get into a wages war with QPR.

If the regime has done anything wrong it's letting it get to this stage where we are chasing targets in January we should have had in summer, and putting too much faith in a manager who is 10 years past his sell by date.

Lack of investment isn't to blame for anything, remember?

It could be better no doubt, but I reckon the second part of that quote is the main reason we are where we are. Btw, I said that after we got beat off another bog standard relegation fodder team who had a squad worth far less than ours, so context please Rich :)

The pessimism on here is insane, maybe I shouldnt be surprised. It's been a bad night but, by all accounts, we have other options. Let's see what they are.

Where were these other options in August?

Well yes, August was a f*** up. That was 5 months ago though, situations change - mainly an urgency from our end because we've somehow got to 16th.

We're 2 weeks into the window and in profit, man. Nothing's going to change.

It will be the end if they risk it this time and don't bring players in, surely they must know this - however I have absolutely no faith in these cowboys to get us the players required and Pardew to mould a team

There's plenty wrong with this regime and we've done to death the whole thing about how they f***ed up not bringing anyone in in the summer. I don't have any complaints over this though. If the lad doesn't want to come and play for us then move on. We can't get into a situation where agents/players have us over the barrel to pay ludicrous wages like this. Ofcourse the extreme is the carry on like with the Debuchy situation but I don't blame them that they won't get into a wages war with QPR.

If the regime has done anything wrong it's letting it get to this stage where we are chasing targets in January we should have had in summer, and putting too much faith in a manager who is 10 years past his sell by date.

It could be better no doubt, but I reckon the second part of that quote is the main reason we are where we are. Btw, I said that after we got beat off another bog standard relegation fodder team who had a squad worth far less than ours, so context please Rich :)

Or perhaps you're just telling the truth now?

There's plenty wrong with this regime and we've done to death the whole thing about how they f***ed up not bringing anyone in in the summer. I don't have any complaints over this though. If the lad doesn't want to come and play for us then move on. We can't get into a situation where agents/players have us over the barrel to pay ludicrous wages like this. Ofcourse the extreme is the carry on like with the Debuchy situation but I don't blame them that they won't get into a wages war with QPR.

Or perhaps you're just telling the truth now?

No, maybe you've got it right and Pardew is the man for all seasons?

Sure you could put $$N just to cap the thread title off. :lol:

:lol: I was trying to be conservative with it.

Good effort :lol:

:lol: Not gonna act like I don't have a tab open with loads of currency symbols, just most of them would have been a stretch.

Guest firetotheworks

Did I feel lower than this in our relegation season? I can't remember if I did, but I can't remember it feeling lower than this.

We really need to cast our net further in scouting terms, fucking ridiculous scenario when we're crying out for reinforcements and our pool of targets seems so limited.

Yup.

I think we've got an OK thing going on with the French lot though, being that if we act early we have a couple of respected players from their side already in the squad who can help them settle and for the vast amount of them even though they'll be getting a big pay increase on moving they'll still fit into the wage structure here but obviously we're quite open to being gazzumped by others if we don't act fast enough at any stage of the deal.

Given the way the vast majority of Spanish clubs are on their arse you'd think there would be players we could get for relatively cheap there but it seems to be a market we've given up on, wouldn't be surprised if this was due to the Xisco/Nacho fuck up given Ashley has a penchant after being caught out for going wildly in the opposite direction.

Alright, here's a fairly recent breakdown of wages compared to other Premiership teams to go with that earlier table of nett transfer spend that showed us second bottom over the last five years: http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/05/01/revealed-the-worlds-best-paid-teams-man-city-close-in-on-barca-and-real-madrid-010501/

I have taken out the Premiership teams for your convenience:

Rank (last year) – Team – League – Ave player pay, £ per year (week)

3 (10) Manchester City * EPL £4,486,580 (£86,280)

4 (6) Chelsea EPL £4,118,227 (£79,197)

11 (16) Manchester United EPL £3,345,911 (£64,344)

16 (22) Arsenal EPL £3,199,678 (£61,532)

18 (20) Liverpool EPL £3,169,631 (£60,954)

41 (51) Aston Villa EPL £2,464,831 (£47,401)

51 (110) Tottenham EPL £2,308,494 (£44,394)

104 (136) Fulham EPL £1,469,616 (£28,262)

108 (120) Everton EPL £1,437,370 (£27,642)

110 (130) Sunderland EPL £1,434,654 (£27,590)

112 (151) Bolton EPL £1,419,805 (£27,304)

113 (94) West Ham EPL £1,417,310 (£27,256)

127 (63) Newcastle EPL £1,357,295 (£26,102)

137 (132) Blackburn EPL £1,311,509 (£25,221)

155 (178) Stoke EPL £1,182,425 (£22,739)

165 (152) Wigan EPL £1,107,821 (£21,304)

174 (-) Birmingham EPL £1,036,592 (£19,934)

180 (185) West Bromwich Albion EPL £1,000,064 (£19,232)

186 (-) Wolverhampton Wanderers EPL £887,146 (£17,061)

213 (-) Blackpool EPL £435,640 (£8,378)

Ambition anyone?