Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alright, here's a fairly recent breakdown of wages compared to other Premiership teams to go with that earlier table of nett transfer spend that showed us second bottom over the last five years: http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/05/01/revealed-the-worlds-best-paid-teams-man-city-close-in-on-barca-and-real-madrid-010501/

I have taken out the Premiership teams for your convenience:

Rank (last year) – Team – League – Ave player pay, £ per year (week)

3 (10) Manchester City * EPL £4,486,580 (£86,280)

4 (6) Chelsea EPL £4,118,227 (£79,197)

11 (16) Manchester United EPL £3,345,911 (£64,344)

16 (22) Arsenal EPL £3,199,678 (£61,532)

18 (20) Liverpool EPL £3,169,631 (£60,954)

41 (51) Aston Villa EPL £2,464,831 (£47,401)

51 (110) Tottenham EPL £2,308,494 (£44,394)

104 (136) Fulham EPL £1,469,616 (£28,262)

108 (120) Everton EPL £1,437,370 (£27,642)

110 (130) Sunderland EPL £1,434,654 (£27,590)

112 (151) Bolton EPL £1,419,805 (£27,304)

113 (94) West Ham EPL £1,417,310 (£27,256)

127 (63) Newcastle EPL £1,357,295 (£26,102)

137 (132) Blackburn EPL £1,311,509 (£25,221)

155 (178) Stoke EPL £1,182,425 (£22,739)

165 (152) Wigan EPL £1,107,821 (£21,304)

174 (-) Birmingham EPL £1,036,592 (£19,934)

180 (185) West Bromwich Albion EPL £1,000,064 (£19,232)

186 (-) Wolverhampton Wanderers EPL £887,146 (£17,061)

213 (-) Blackpool EPL £435,640 (£8,378)

Ambition anyone?

Makes pretty grim reading that.

The text of the report suggests that that was in the Championship. The year before that you were 63rd, which would have been about a 40Kpw average.

What text?

I think the figures are from the 2010/11 season, when we were back up. Swiss Ramble (http://swissramble.blogspot.nl/2012/03/newcastle-united-life-in-northern-town.html) has roughly the same figures:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-GD4P0rhmO2w/T2hAJj3JJmI/AAAAAAAAFcg/sXBXt61En_Q/s400/23%2BNewcastle%2BWages%2BLeague.jpg

That's because that's from the 2009-10 season as well. f*** me, unbelievable. :lol:

Aye, amended my post as just noticed the note at the bottom. I seriously doubt it is currently much lower though, especially with Ba gone. Will be interesting to see the nest set of accounts with regards to this.

Edit: Actually, is that not just the ones with a star next to them? I'm confusing myself now.. :lol:

Edit2: I don't think it is you know..

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ovdX3eWmlZU/T2g9Xwt5xRI/AAAAAAAAFZg/7yhcd0ftCKM/s400/7%2BNewcastle%2BProfit.jpg

:lol: Jesus Christ, give it a rest man!

Alright, here's a fairly recent breakdown of wages compared to other Premiership teams to go with that earlier table of nett transfer spend that showed us second bottom over the last five years: http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/05/01/revealed-the-worlds-best-paid-teams-man-city-close-in-on-barca-and-real-madrid-010501/

I have taken out the Premiership teams for your convenience:

Rank (last year) – Team – League – Ave player pay, £ per year (week)

3 (10) Manchester City * EPL £4,486,580 (£86,280)

4 (6) Chelsea EPL £4,118,227 (£79,197)

11 (16) Manchester United EPL £3,345,911 (£64,344)

16 (22) Arsenal EPL £3,199,678 (£61,532)

18 (20) Liverpool EPL £3,169,631 (£60,954)

41 (51) Aston Villa EPL £2,464,831 (£47,401)

51 (110) Tottenham EPL £2,308,494 (£44,394)

104 (136) Fulham EPL £1,469,616 (£28,262)

108 (120) Everton EPL £1,437,370 (£27,642)

110 (130) Sunderland EPL £1,434,654 (£27,590)

112 (151) Bolton EPL £1,419,805 (£27,304)

113 (94) West Ham EPL £1,417,310 (£27,256)

127 (63) Newcastle EPL £1,357,295 (£26,102)

137 (132) Blackburn EPL £1,311,509 (£25,221)

155 (178) Stoke EPL £1,182,425 (£22,739)

165 (152) Wigan EPL £1,107,821 (£21,304)

174 (-) Birmingham EPL £1,036,592 (£19,934)

180 (185) West Bromwich Albion EPL £1,000,064 (£19,232)

186 (-) Wolverhampton Wanderers EPL £887,146 (£17,061)

213 (-) Blackpool EPL £435,640 (£8,378)

Ambition anyone?

Makes pretty grim reading that.

The text of the report suggests that that was in the Championship. The year before that you were 63rd, which would have been about a 40Kpw average.

What text?

I think the figures are from the 2010/11 season, when we were back up. Swiss Ramble (http://swissramble.blogspot.nl/2012/03/newcastle-united-life-in-northern-town.html) has roughly the same figures:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-GD4P0rhmO2w/T2hAJj3JJmI/AAAAAAAAFcg/sXBXt61En_Q/s400/23%2BNewcastle%2BWages%2BLeague.jpg

That's because that's from the 2009-10 season as well. f*** me, unbelievable. :lol:

Aye, amended my post as just noticed the note at the bottom. I seriously doubt it is currently much lower though, especially with Ba gone. Will be interesting to see the nest set of accounts with regards to this.

Actually, is that not just the ones with a star next to them? I'm confusing myself now.. :lol:

Yup that got me. Flipping stars. :lol:

But yeah, your first figures were from our Championship season. The first season back we hardly brought in any stars either tbf (not sure how much we contributed to HBA loan wages).

Would love to know what our average is now.

probably around the same percentage wise of turnover so up a bit but hardly significantly so I'd imagine

You only had myself to blame. I added him to the Newcastle team on FIFA against my better judgement. Never should have done it.

I blame you, I wanted to add him but wouldn't until it was confirmed, the power of FIFA is all encompassing.

Firmly taken him out now. Sobbing as I did. Upside is I now transferred Aliadiere and Tomkins.

This is gutting but I don't see what we as a club could have done, regarding this specific transfer. There was always going to be as much interest as possible whipped up by his agent, so no chance of doing the deal discreetly. We could match QPR's wages (if the reported wages are correct) but he's not worth it, and it would piss off the rest of the pros at the cliub. Shit situation for us, we can only hope QPR go down (and we stay up) so we can giggle at the cunts as they do.

Guest firetotheworks

For all the things people say about this manager and that manager, there surely can't be a slimier, more corrupt, abhorrent, con man out there than Redknapp? He's painted as this loveable rogue through longevity, connections and his nationality. Anyone new to the game or foreign would be fucking lambasted by the media for pulling the shit he does. He's horrific.

I sit here thinking "maybe, just maybe he'll have spoken to us again, spoken to his mates, and in the morning he'll say sorry and sign for us."

Need my head checked.

Well he's changed his mind once, it could easily happen again. Gut feeling says he won't, though.

Guest neesy111

For all the things people say about this manager and that manager, there surely can't be a slimier, more corrupt, abhorrent, con man out there than Redknapp? He's painted as this loveable rogue through longevity, connections and his nationality. Anyone new to the game or foreign would be fucking lambasted by the media for pulling the shit he does. He's horrific.

Wonder what the european view of him is?

He blabbed about Ba's release clause without even wanting him himself, he does this with Remy when he was our replacement, he done the same thing with Modric, he went after and got our others targets when he was at Spurs. Seriously if I was Ashley I'd be tempted to hire a few goons to push him about.

For all the things people say about this manager and that manager, there surely can't be a slimier, more corrupt, abhorrent, con man out there than Redknapp? He's painted as this loveable rogue through longevity, connections and his nationality. Anyone new to the game or foreign would be f***ing lambasted by the media for pulling the s*** he does. He's horrific.

There's a bottle of champagne I'm not drinking until him and Ferguson have gone. Scum of the earth.

Guest firetotheworks

For all the things people say about this manager and that manager, there surely can't be a slimier, more corrupt, abhorrent, con man out there than Redknapp? He's painted as this loveable rogue through longevity, connections and his nationality. Anyone new to the game or foreign would be f***ing lambasted by the media for pulling the s*** he does. He's horrific.

He blabbed about Ba's release clause without even wanting him himself, he does this with Remy when he was our replacement, he done the same thing with Modric, he went after and got our others targets when he was at Spurs. Seriously if I was Ashley I'd be tempted to hire a few goons to push him about.

Or pretend to scout shit players like Mike Williamson and Danny Simpsoh...

Guest neesy111

There's a bottle of champagne I'm not drinking until him and Ferguson have gone. Scum of the earth.

Got one for Thatcher as well?

So just to recap, the geezer who contributed to Demba Ba's departure from SJP by revealing his release clause has now managed to prevent United from concluding a deal to sign his replacement. Funny old world, innit?

From .com. Forgot just how cretinous Redknapp really is.

Ferguson I can handle, he pretty much does everything in his teams best interests, Redknapp though does it for bungs, to spite other clubs, and for the general laugh.

I sit here thinking "maybe, just maybe he'll have spoken to us again, spoken to his mates, and in the morning he'll say sorry and sign for us."

Need my head checked.

Mates you say?

http://nimg.sulekha.com/sports/original700/stephane-mbia-loic-remy-2010-11-13-14-40-23.jpg

So just to recap, the geezer who contributed to Demba Ba's departure from SJP by revealing his release clause has now managed to prevent United from concluding a deal to sign his replacement. Funny old world, innit?

From .com. Forgot just how cretinous Redknapp really is.

Kind of wish he managed England now.

Got one for Thatcher as well?

Corona with 2 limes will suffice for Maggs.

Unbelievable what's happened today. At least this hasn't taken place on the final days of the window, so there's still some hope.

What else do we have? Really tough to take though. Horrible set of circumstances.

Really hope the club push through on other options quickly if we lose out on Remy.

Sunday was so much fun too. Felt terrible for people on here when the QPR news broke  :sad:

Guest firetotheworks

The media are the unpopular posh kids at school that suck up to the wise-cracking bell end because he's in the popular group. He probably makes them feel more like men because they're hanging around with someone more working class than them.