Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest chopey

If Ashley takes too much out I will criticise him for it. If we get the new TV money and don't invest enough, I will criticise that as well. But that doesn't change the overall position I just explained.

Wow, so we'll be spending that extra 40 million TV money next summer. The Championship won't know what hit them.. :lol:

HaHa exactly

Keegan used to always say that the season ticket money always be spent on improving the team, under Ashley we dont even spend the pie money

Aye it's tough to know who to believe, a football legend who is a passionate fan of the club or the billionaire owner of Sports Direct who's personality looks like this.

http://www.nufcblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mike-ashley-360.jpg

Insisting that we must wait until we have the money in the bank before we spend a penny only works if all the other clubs are doing the same. Which they're not, which means even if we survived and spent next summer, we're going to be playing catch up.

If Ashley takes too much out I will criticise him for it. If we get the new TV money and don't invest enough, I will criticise that as well. But that doesn't change the overall position I just explained.

Wow, so we'll be spending that extra 40 million TV money next summer. The Championship won't know what hit them.. :lol:

Amazing how many times it's been 'next summer...'. :lol:

This whole financial prudence crap the ownership, board, and press have been spewing is all a bit weak in argument when not a single club in the top flight operates in the manner in which we do. If they're tight on the transfer kitty or wage structure, they at least make decisions that have a pattern of sense or plan. Some clubs can't spend b/c they don't have money, or some clubs will only splash the cash when they have it. But we have a multi billionaire owner and are a top 20 club in terms of finances (riches) or whatever you want to call it, yet his idea of being self sufficient is absolutely ridiculous. Opportunities to grow the club and business were never taken on at arguably our best possible time last summer.

He's taking, been taking and will continue to take the piss out of us until he finally sells up.

If Liverpool committed such a cardinal financial sin, how come they haven't gone out of business? How come they're still spending and spending? The Premier League clubs are swimming in money, some people haven't quite grasped this. They can afford to spend big money with very little consequence.

Ian, funny how you agreed with TT saying that spending doesn't bring success, yet also claim we can't compete with Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, because they've got more money than we have. It's one or the other, you can't have both.

If we don't trust Graham Carr's choices enough to spend the asking price, why is he employed?

I am still catching up with this thread so this is unrelated to the general lack of spending by us, but Liverpool were up shit creek without a paddle under their previous owners, but they got turfed out on a technicality and all Liverpool's losses went against the owners and the club got out of what could have been a real financial mess. I don't remember the exact circumstances but I remember thinking nothing ever sticks on these jammy bastards.

Because they need to?

Plenty of clubs that finished above us have in invested significantly. If they needed to, why don't we?

Because they don't have a squad of the same talent as ours? Because they overperformed last season? Because we underperformed last season? Because Pardew?

Pardew is here though. We could have invested in a replacement for him if we felt he was what was holding us back, but chose not to. This is not just about the players, it's about having just come off a season where we survived by the skin of our teeth, coming out with noises about lessons learned and yet going into the new season with near enough the same setup. It's indefensible.

I think this is where the financial prudence argument falls down. You can defend buying players on the cheap because of contract situations, but doing the same at operational levels like DOFs and team manager is lunacy.

Keegan used to always say that the season ticket money always be spent on improving the team, under Ashley we dont even spend the pie money

Aye it's tough to know who to believe, a football legend who is a passionate fan of the club or the billionaire owner of Sports Direct who's personality looks like this.

I keep on thinking that is a photoshop or a lookalike.

I keep on thinking that is a photoshop or a lookalike.

I think he actually looks slimmer with his top off.  :undecided:

Needs to mention that business is all about getting a better deal for yourself than you give to your suppliers.

Funny how clubs like Swansea and Saints are better at it than us then - would YOU sell your house to some shyster for less than the market value ?

Answers on a postcard to M Ashley, Sports Direct etc etc....