Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If him and his agent wants the reputed 100k wages (non-negotiable) he earned at QPR to stay here, who's for paying up and who's for telling him to buzz off, 'we can't hurt our bottomline'?

I would break the wage structure, as the lad oozes class. Scoring goals is the hardest part of the game and he's showing he knows where the back of the net is. Let him go and the club will just have to go out and bag another striker for probably more money. I believe an £8million deal is in place between us and QPR.

However, if he chooses to go elsewhere, if Newcastle choose to continue to not show any ambition, then who can blame him?

If him and his agent wants the reputed 100k wages (non-negotiable) he earned at QPR to stay here, who's for paying up and who's for telling him to buzz off, 'we can't hurt our bottomline'?

I would break the wage structure, as the lad oozes class. Scoring goals is the hardest part of the game and he's showing he knows where the back of the net is. Let him go and the club will just have to go out and bag another striker for probably more money. I believe an £8million deal is in place between us and QPR.

However, if he chooses to go elsewhere, if Newcastle choose to continue to not show any ambition, then who can blame him?

Depends on how high he needs us to go really. If it's (for example) double our next-highest wage then it's hard to justify. And it won't happen anyway.

Oh aye, we should be trying to out-spend QPR on wages. Their transfer policy worked so well for them after all.

You would defend Ashley if he was conducting the Black Hole of Calcutta - and you are so far removed from the reality of PL football that its not worth trying to put another point forward.

Would YOU take a job with less money if a company in a better location was prepared to pay you more..?

Oh aye, we should be trying to out-spend QPR on wages. Their transfer policy worked so well for them after all.

You would defend Ashley if he was conducting the Black Hole of Calcutta - and you are so far removed from the reality of PL football that its not worth trying to put another point forward.

Would YOU take a job with less money if a company in a better location was prepared to pay you more..?

Not sure where to start on this.

Firstly, I do defend our transfer policy, yes. I think it's one thing we've got nearly right, as I've said many times. As I've also said many times, as a fan I'd ideally like us to spend more, but I understand why we don't.

Secondly, no, I wouldn't expect Remy to join us if his main interest is money. If he went somewhere else I wouldn't blame him at all, I've never said I would.

Thirdly, you're a bit of a dick for the tone of that post.

Thirdly, you're a bit of a dick for the tone of that post.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It would be smashing of him to fuck us over twice for more money, can't blame him like. As long as he keeps his head down whilst playing here, keeps working hard and playing for the team, i'd wish him well wherever he ends up, just pray he decides it's here where he is happy.

Wouldn't surprise me if we've already got a fee agreed with QPR but Remy himself will undoubtedly wait and see who offers the most money. It won't be us.

He's an excellent player, I'm just going to enjoy his football this season and not worry too much about next season. There's no point.

Guest firetotheworks

My apprehension over fully cheering for him is more to do with him potentially being a rapist like. It's hard for to get my head cheering him on while no one knows.

Wouldn't surprise me if we've already got a fee agreed with QPR but Remy himself will undoubtedly wait and see who offers the most money. It won't be us.

He's an excellent player, I'm just going to enjoy his football this season and not worry too much about next season. There's no point.

Likewise, I wouldn't surprised if, whoever he is at, next year his performances drop a little as the allure of clubs clambering to throw money at him and the prospect of playing at the WC isn't dangled in front of him.

It would be smashing of him to fuck us over twice for more money, can't blame him like. As long as he keeps his head down whilst playing here, keeps working hard and playing for the team, i'd wish him well wherever he ends up, just pray he decides it's here where he is happy.

I think he likes it here, but he's proving that he's a top level international so it's quite likely that a CL club will come in and offer him wages to match. We don't have any ambitions above finishing in the top 10 so he deserves a club who can match his stature. Shame this is what we've come to, but it's the reality.

Not a clue what he'll do; he obviously is enjoying his football and is most definitely going to continue his call-up into the France setup for the WC. If we end up having a good season, he continues to score goals for fun, and take some "big club" scalps like Chelsea, and Spurs in the process he may well enjoy it and stay. If we hold on to a lot of his mates (having finally joined them here) he could also decide he wants to stay. Still far too early to tell. Keep scoring and playing well this season, its all we can worry about right now.