Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oh aye, we should be trying to out-spend QPR on wages. Their transfer policy worked so well for them after all.

You would defend Ashley if he was conducting the Black Hole of Calcutta - and you are so far removed from the reality of PL football that its not worth trying to put another point forward.

Would YOU take a job with less money if a company in a better location was prepared to pay you more..?

Not sure where to start on this.

Firstly, I do defend our transfer policy, yes. I think it's one thing we've got nearly right, as I've said many times. As I've also said many times, as a fan I'd ideally like us to spend more, but I understand why we don't.

Secondly, no, I wouldn't expect Remy to join us if his main interest is money. If he went somewhere else I wouldn't blame him at all, I've never said I would.

Thirdly, you're a bit of a dick for the tone of that post.

Regarding your third point, you leave me(and many others on here) plenty of ammunition with which to retaliate but I'll content myself for giving you the following words to re-arrange into a well-known saying ;-

Cap, if, wear fits, it, the........

I'm sure the deal for Remy would have been a permanent deal if he didn't have this rape accusation hanging over him. All the people saying we should have signed him on a permanent deal will go very quiet if Remy is found guilty. If Remy is found innocent I'm sure the same people will be very vocal that we should have signed him on a permanent deal. Decisions are easy with the benefit of hindsight.

Guest Slippery Sam

After being shafted in the Ba case i.e. couldn't prevent him moving elsewhere, I bet NUFC moved heaven and earth to get the option of signing Remy at the end of the year with no strings attached. However, something tells me they took him anyway without having the necessary guarantees in place and will be shitting themselves that he will be off at the the end of the season.

Imagine if he ever signed for Villa :kasper:. *adopt broad brum accent* "I really loyk Loic Remy" :lol: (fukyaz, made me giggle anyway)

I'm sure we have a contractual price and first option to buy him agreed with QPR. The player himself would just need to agree to a deal with us. Whether that's the stumbling block is anyone's guess. Like I said, I think if we have a good season he'll sign on permanently provided we offer same wages we were offering now/January when he nearly agreed to join.

We got shafted in the Ba case?

Doubt it, he would never have signed in the first place without the release clause, it was always his objective to earn a big-money move somewhere else IMO.

Or earn big money here if we were prepared to pay it. The fact we have to face is that strikers of the quality of Ba and Remy will always attract a big club sooner or later who will pay them big club wages. It's impossible to hold onto these player without paying the going rate.

Doubt it, he would never have signed in the first place without the release clause, it was always his objective to earn a big-money move somewhere else IMO.

Or earn big money here if we were prepared to pay it. The fact we have to face is that strikers of the quality of Ba and Remy will always attract a big club sooner or later who will pay them big club wages. It's impossible to hold onto these player without paying the going rate.

There's no such thing as the going rate. If you mean 'as much as Chelsea' then I can't agree we should be doing that.

:thup:

There's no such thing as the going rate. If you mean 'as much as Chelsea' then I can't agree we should be doing that.

No one can match Chelsea or Man City because they are sovereign state clubs, not businesses. But what about Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal? All of them operate within a budget and only Arsenal have had CL money on a regular basis over the last few years, but they'll still pay the money to secure the quality players when they're  worth it. I doubt Suarez is on 50k a week.

Not sure about Spurs and Liverpool.... but Arsenal are rich, like really really rich.

Well I think I mentioned their regular CL football with their cash windfalls. They still don't spend recklessly though, and maintain a wage policy, even though it's probably got a much higher ceiling than ours at present.

What a player he is.. pure class. Will enjoy him while he lasts, but will leave a gaping cavern when he leaves in the summer.

You mean 'if' he leaves.

I do, but I don't see him staying. On this form his stock is still high, he will be off to either a bigger club or one that offers him more money when they come calling.

I don't know... the big (ie CL) clubs weren't in for him before, and I'm not sure they're going to be in for him now. Possibly Arsenal, as cover for Giroud.

I like him, and I hope we sign him, but his first touch is a bit hit and miss tbh.