Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

Money means nothing to us, success does. You need to spend to be successful. I couldn't care less if we're on a good financial footing. Spending money doesn't equate to financial ruin, especially with a club our size. We can compete, have the money and revenue to compete and should be competing.

That's what you here from Arsenal fans that moan when they are finishing 4th, yet we build Arsenal up to be this extremely well run club?

No, it's what you're hearing from me, a Newcastle fan. A team that just finished 2 places above relegation, not 4th.

We won't get anywhere going the way we are. I find it extremely baffling that even after Kinnear etc people are still willing to defend Ashley.

Total madness

Yes we are, quicker Ashley gets his money back the quicker he will fuck off. We are turning in a decent enough profit whilst still building a good side with players we enjoy watching. If Ashley recoups the money he put into us to save us from Shepheard's crazy spending, he will be off like a shot. After then it's a case of pot luck with the new owner.

Yes we are, quicker Ashley gets his money back the quicker he will f*** off. We are turning in a decent enough profit whilst still building a good side with players we enjoy watching. If Ashley recoups the money he put into us to save us from Shepheard's crazy spending, he will be off like a shot. After then it's a case of pot luck with the new owner.

I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Guest firetotheworks

We won't get anywhere going the way we are. I find it extremely baffling that even after Kinnear etc people are still willing to defend Ashley.

Total madness

Yes we are, quicker Ashley gets his money back the quicker he will f*** off. We are turning in a decent enough profit whilst still building a good side with players we enjoy watching. If Ashley recoups the money he put into us to save us from Shepheard's crazy spending, he will be off like a shot. After then it's a case of pot luck with the new owner.

If that's definitely going to happen then why are we discussing it? Why are you discussing it?

Money means nothing to us, success does. You need to spend to be successful. I couldn't care less if we're on a good financial footing. Spending money doesn't equate to financial ruin, especially with a club our size. We can compete, have the money and revenue to compete and should be competing.

That's what you here from Arsenal fans that moan when they are finishing 4th, yet we build Arsenal up to be this extremely well run club?

No, it's what you're hearing from me, a Newcastle fan. A team that just finished 2 places above relegation, not 4th.

Well they say exactly the same and have criticised their manager/board for years because of it until Ozil arrived that is. Then they brought up old news at the weekend when RVP scored past them because they sold him to their biggest rivals and refused to match his wages and give him assurances they would spend money to win trophies.

Guest firetotheworks

Well they say exactly the same and have criticised their manager/board for years because of it until Ozil arrived that is. Then they brought up old news at the weekend when RVP scored past them because they sold him to their biggest rivals and refused to match his wages and give him assurances they would spend money to win trophies.

They say "exactly the same" do they? Show me. Even if they were, they've just bought a player for £40m and are top of the league after finishing 4th or 3rd for a few years :lol: If anything, Arsenal should be an example that I use to show you what a difference spending money makes. Not the other way around.

Meanwhile we nearly got relegated and have spent nothing.

Total madness

If that's definitely going to happen then why are we discussing it? Why are you discussing it?

It's opinion, you might think he's here for life just to piss all off. I think he doesn't actually want to be here but it's cost him an arm and leg and is refusing to leave till he at least get's a good chunk of the money he invested back. I hate Ashley to bits but tbh he's bought players which i love watching and pay good money to watch and will carry on doing so if he leeps finding hidden gems to entertain me.

Yes i'd love to be in a position to compete with likes of Arsenal/Liverpool again but we aren't, and i wouldn't break our balance and run the risk of a Leeds in doing so. If QPR want to throw money around on all sorts of players and people want us to aspire to them, then fair enough, but their way of running a football club isn’t the way I’d like ours run unless you have owners like Man City who can afford to do it.

They say "exactly the same" do they? Show me.

Just follow Piers Morgan on twitter and keep scrolling down and reading, he'll give you the idea of how they think. They have Ozil but it still doesn't stop them moaning then have Podolski/Giroud instead of Robin Van Persie.

As usual there's a middle ground of not spending a pound and spending to financial ruin. If a player is exceptional and makes a huge difference to our team, I don't see how spending an extra 10-20k/pw will lead us down the path of Leeds.

Not sure why people are talking about doing a QPR that went round signing mediocre players on huge wages. Nobody is proposing the same modus operandi.

Total madness

In the end I think we'd be daft to throw 80K wages around. People saying Man City do it...well they can afford to, their oil rich owners have bottomless pockets and so barring the coming of the apocalypse nothing will trouble them. We need to be a savvy club, bide our time over a few seasons, build a squad with the right attributes for the right money. Get players who see long term, don't mind competition for places and who truly love to play football. As for Arsenal, they have the CL money right now, why do you think they p*ss their pants whenever it looks like they could finish outside the top 4?

Guest firetotheworks

Total madness

It's opinion, you might think he's here for life just to p*ss all off. I think he doesn't actually want to be here but it's cost him an arm and leg and is refusing to leave till he at least get's a good chunk of the money he invested back. I hate Ashley to bits but tbh he's bought players which i love watching and pay good money to watch and will carry on doing so if he leeps finding hidden gems to entertain me.

Yes i'd love to be in a position to compete with likes of Arsenal/Liverpool again but we aren't, and i wouldn't break our balance and run the risk of a Leeds in doing so. If QPR want to throw money around on all sorts of players and people want us to aspire to them, then fair enough, but their way of running a football club isn’t the way I’d like ours run unless you have owners like Man City who can afford to do it.

Ah, the time tested Leeds/Portsmouth/QPR route.

Funnily enough there's a broad gap between spending a lot of money well or spending a lot of money badly and at the opposite side, spending nothing.

The way that your argument reads is that the only alternative to spending nothing or penny pinching is going the other way and wasting loads of money on crap.

Again, as with a lot of your points, I assume to try and make your points hold more weight, you're presenting an extreme, daunting alternative that literally no one is suggesting as if it's the only alternative.  It doesn't work, because everyone with an ounce of common sense can read what you're saying and see that you've ignored a vast middle ground, yet again.

Total madness

It's opinion, you might think he's here for life just to p*ss all off. I think he doesn't actually want to be here but it's cost him an arm and leg and is refusing to leave till he at least get's a good chunk of the money he invested back. I hate Ashley to bits but tbh he's bought players which i love watching and pay good money to watch and will carry on doing so if he leeps finding hidden gems to entertain me.

But we are. 50k plus stadium and an owner worth 3.5bn. Which is triple the wealth of the Liverpool owner. You keep saying this, but its patently not the case.

An owner who quite clearly has no interest in putting his own money into transfer fees/wages after already paying off our debt through Shepherd’s mental spending. We've got an owner who wants to turn profit, not win the league or a cup. People might moan at Pardew but Ashley's the real deal cunt in all this and that shouldn't be avoided.

His transfer policy though is far better than the majority even if he should just go out and get that one player who might cost a little bit over the top or might cost that extra bit of week. I still feel we are in a good position to keep Remy, it's far better to pay someone 80 grand once they have proven themselves in the league, especially in your side than it is to justify paying it for a foreigner who hasn't achieved anything special to suggest he was worth that amount of money.

Guest firetotheworks

Just follow Piers Morgan on twitter and keep scrolling down and reading, he'll give you the idea of how they think. They have Ozil but it still doesn't stop them moaning then have Podolski/Giroud instead of Robin Van Persie.

You couldn't have picked a worse person to represent a member of the human race, let alone an Arsenal fan.

Don't be that stupid, Brett. You may as well say that Jimmy Nail represents all Newcastle fans. We're tarnished with the brush by the media all of the time, don't do the same thing to other sets of fans when you already know the amount of shit that's talked about us.

You couldn't have picked a worse person to represent a member of the human race, let alone an Arsenal fan.

Don't be that stupid, Brett. You may as well say that Jimmy Nail represents all Newcastle fans. We're tarnished with the brush by the media all of the time, don't do the same thing to other sets of fans when you already know the amount of s*** that's talked about us.

Or the 60,000 after the Villa game chanting 'Spend some fucking money', that enough weight for how fed up they were?

Guest firetotheworks

Don't be that stupid, Brett. You may as well say that Jimmy Nail represents all Newcastle fans. We're tarnished with the brush by the media all of the time, don't do the same thing to other sets of fans when you already know the amount of s*** that's talked about us.

Or the 60,000 after the Villa game chanting 'Spend some f***ing money', that enough weight for how fed up they were?

....and they did and now they're a much better team that's top of the league. Exactly what is your point?

If Rémy doesn't end up joining us I doubt it will be due to wages. If a Champions League club comes in for him and we match the wages they offer it would still be highly likely he'd go to the Champions League club.

Last January Rémy couldn't be arsed to make a scheduled visit to Newcastle and then signed for QPR. What do people think he'll do if a bigger club than us are in for him?

As long as Rémy doesn't go to prison he will be playing for us until the end of this season. Enjoy it while it lasts. Rémy has said he won't be making a decision on his future until after the World Cup. I doubt there's anything NUFC could offer him now that would make him commit to us now so there's not much point worrying about it.

Or the 60,000 after the Villa game chanting 'Spend some f***ing money', that enough weight for how fed up they were?

....and they did and now they're a much better team that's top of the league. Exactly what is your point?

:lol: Sounds a like Piers response that as if the board only bought because of the moaning, even though they'd been moaning for years.

My original point towards this was people on here look up to Arsenal as the pinnacle of how to deal with transfers/wages when in fact they are similar to us just on a bigger scale. If Arsenal offer 150 grand a week and Man Utd counter that with 200 grand, they will back down and not compete with them. If we offer 50 grand and QPR offer 80 grand, we will back down too. Should Arsenal/Newcastle both up their wage to offer more, personally i don't think they should.

Sanctions need put in place to stop clubs blowing others out of the water with huge wages, not clubs getting in to bidding wars. Its a major fault with football at the moment and something needs done about it, i don't mind that we offer some sort of sensibility to it all and look after ourselves financially.

Total madness

In the end I think we'd be daft to throw 80K wages around. People saying Man City do it...well they can afford to, their oil rich owners have bottomless pockets and so barring the coming of the apocalypse nothing will trouble them. We need to be a savvy club, bide our time over a few seasons, build a squad with the right attributes for the right money. Get players who see long term, don't mind competition for places and who truly love to play football. As for Arsenal, they have the CL money right now, why do you think they p*ss their pants whenever it looks like they could finish outside the top 4?

We have a salary budget, much like any other sensible club or business and apart from the well known big spenders (CL regulars, sovereign states, oligarchs, loonies, etc) we're pretty competitive. We're not really "stingy". It's a bit like the popular "selling club" myth, we've been anything but over the last couple of seasons.

Can't understand why Ashley's personal wealth is brought in as an argument by some for spending beyond the club's means.

"Come on spend more of your vast amounts of money on us you FCB and by the way fuck off you're not welcome round here".

As usual there's a middle ground of not spending a pound and spending to financial ruin. If a player is exceptional and makes a huge difference to our team, I don't see how spending an extra 10-20k/pw will lead us down the path of Leeds.

Not sure why people are talking about doing a QPR that went round signing mediocre players on huge wages. Nobody is proposing the same modus operandi.

The problem is that if a player is 'exceptional', they're likely to have offers from more successful clubs, and we can only secure them by paying over the odds in wages to overcome their reluctance. That's the route to trouble (eg QPR)

Guest firetotheworks

:lol: Sounds a like Piers response that as if the board only bought because of the moaning, even though they'd been moaning for years.

My original point towards this was people on here look up to Arsenal as the pinnacle of how to deal with transfers/wages when in fact they are similar to us just on a bigger scale. If Arsenal offer 150 grand a week and Man Utd counter that with 200 grand, they will back down and not compete with them. If we offer 50 grand and QPR offer 80 grand, we will back down too. Should Arsenal/Newcastle both up their wage to offer more, personally i don't think they should.

Sanctions need put in place to stop clubs blowing others out of the water with huge wages, not clubs getting in to bidding wars. Its a major fault with football at the moment and something needs done about it, i don't mind that we offer some sort of sensibility to it all and look after ourselves financially.

Except the situations are totally different. Arsenal had a stadium to pay for and have a brilliant manager that can pretty much guarantee them champion's league every season.

Yes, they are us (the fans) on a bigger scale, in that some complain about a situation that most fans would love to be in but, but it's all relative and they haven't seriously competed for the title for 10 years.  They've still flirted with success in their time of being 'unsucessful'...yet they've now gone out and spent £40m on a brilliant player and they look much better and are top of the league.

Surely, if anything it shows that spending money is a good idea from time to time? Not that we shouldn't complain because things could be worse.

The 50k stadium thing is such a red herring.  The only way to generate more income from a 50k stadium is to charge more money for tickets.

People are quite prepared to pay extra IF they get attractive and winning football - ask KK...

Not sure about this. The turnaround in Arsenal's form came half way through last season, and they've just continued it on. The difference came when they found their best defence, and Giroud found his feet in the Premiership.

Ozil's a good player for sure, but midfield was an area where they were already strong.

Some of the naivety on this thread is almost unbelievable..either some of these people have completely lost sight of the size and potential of Newcastle United - AND Ashley's fortune, some of which is a direct result of his involvement with the club - or they are Ashley trolls...there can't be any other explanation for the stuff they post.

Pay peanuts - get monkeys....reach for the stars and you might get the moon..

Trouble is, some people are quite happy howling at it.!!