Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Watched the replay in the early hours on BT Sport, at the end when Terry swapped shirts with Remy, seemed like Remy didn't want to, also looked like Terry was trying to tap him up lol.

They were having a debate about something, Was Remy at QPR the same time as Anton Ferdinand? Might explain it?

Hope we can prove to him staying would be beneficial to his career development and that he can achieve things with us.

Seems a good player, pacey, direct and an eye for goal.

I liked the way he went to the young lad after scoring, may be for the cameras but still nice to see some passion and awareness of the support.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/loic-remy-make-summer-call-6267706

By Mark Douglas

Loic Remy will make a summer call on Newcastle United future

4 Nov 2013 07:56

Striker Loic Remy says Queens Park Rangers might hold his future in their palm, and will decide on his future at Newcastle United in the summer

Newcastle United loan star Loic Remy says he will not make a decision on his long-term future until the summer.

As revealed in the Journal last month, United are planning to make a January move to broker a permanent transfer for the QPR forward - who has hit six goals in seven games and added to his tally with a late strike against Chelsea.

Remy was once again fulsome in his praise for the club and said that a half-time pep talk from boss Alan Pardew had played a major role in his second half resurgence after a quiet first 45 minutes.

United believe they are in pole position to secure the striker’s services but he has suggested that outside forces may yet play a part in his decision. And he is categorical about wanting to wait until July before making a permanent decision.

He said: “For the moment, things are very good. To be honest, I feel very good here, but now I am only on loan and this is a question that we have to speak about with the owner and everybody in July, I think.

“It is a loan and so many things depend on QPR, it depends on Newcastle, it depends on me. There are so many things. I will not think about it until the summer and so I am just going to try and score goals and get us up the league and then we will see what happens.

“It is a good thing that the fans react well to me. Even after last January when I went to QPR instead of here. They have stayed behind me, so that is why each game I try to do more and more for the team, to say thank you to them. I am happy here. It’s important that I have a good relationship with them.”

Remy suggested his fabulous goal record, which was supplemented by a last-minute strike against Chelsea, is down to confidence.

He said: “When I was at QPR, I was only there for six months and I scored six goals. It’s just a question of confidence. I’m confident at the moment. Everybody talks to me, even the gaffer at half-time of this game, he spoke to me and said ‘come on, you can do better.

“I know your level, you need to up your level a little bit’ and that’s what I did.”

Remy also thanked the supporters for their reaction, which remained supportive despite back-to-back defeats - including a derby loss to Sunderland last weekend.

He said: “I just want to say thank you very much for everything. We knew after Sunderland and Manchester City that the fans were very disappointed but it is magic being at this club because even three days after you lose a big game like those the atmosphere remains loud. So I say to the fans thank you for everything.”

The Sunderland loss - allied to off-the-field problems - has destabilised the club but Newcastle believe the Stadium of Light reversal was not typical of the ability of the team. Remy echoed his manager’s call for perspective.

“I understand. This is typical of the Premier League,” he said.

“In France, if you have Paris Saint Germain against the bottom club they would have a 90 per cent chance of winning. In England, it is different. When I arrived, I was very surprised, because the team at the bottom can beat the big team. That is how alive this league is. You just never know.

“Before I came here I heard about the fans, the atmosphere and what it means for the club, but I didn’t really understand until I felt it on the pitch. When you get a big win like this … wow. I play football to have these kinds of moments. It is very good.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/loic-remy-thanks-fans-sticking-6267682

By Lee Ryder

Goal hero Remy hails Toon Army as United bounce back after traumatic week

4 Nov 2013 08:46

Newcastle United marksman Loic Remy is relieved to end week on a high with a superb 2-0 win over Chelsea

Loic Remy has hailed Newcastle United’s “magical” supporters after the superb 2-0 win over Chelsea.

The French international bagged his sixth goal of the season to move further ahead at the top of the Toon’s top-scorer table.

However, rather than bask in the glory of his match-sealing strike, Remy opted to pay tribute to the St James’ Park faithful after they stuck with the team despite last Sunday’s derby defeat and the midweek Capital One Cup exit against Manchester City.

Remy said: “I just want to say thank you very much to the fans for everything.

“When we lost to Sunderland the supporters were disappointed.

“It is magic, though, because three days I was on the bench against City and I felt the supporters and atmosphere was loud.

“It was the same against Chelsea. So thank you to them.”

The Magpies finally gained reward by beating Chelsea and after a tight schedule were handed two days off by manager Alan Pardew.

Remy added: “It was important to finish with a good result.

“When you have games like this every three days it is hard for your body.

“We have to congratulate the whole team.

“It was hard because we played on Wednesday and against Sunderland three days earlier and I think everyone needs a rest.

“We have two days off now and we will enjoy our days off.”

United kept Chelsea at bay in the first half before giving themselves the platform to go on and win the clash thanks to strikes from Loic Remy and Yoan Gouffran.

The lethal French marksman reflected: “We worked hard to win this game but it was not easy because Chelsea are a very big team.

“The first half was very difficult for us because we worked hard defending a lot.

“The second half was better because we tried to play quicker and got two goals.”

Remy is convinced Newcastle were good value for their win, adding: “All through the game we had chances to score.

“I tried a lot of times to kick and shoot and after so many attempts I scored.”

Remy’s goal came after game-changer Vurnon Anita’s weaving run down the left allowed him to fire home.

The ex-Marseille man was denied quality service against the Black Cats and was benched for the game with Man City.

However, he added: “I am a striker so I have to score.

“Anita was on the left side, I stopped my run and the defenders stayed in a line. “I shot with my left foot and it went off the post.”

Anite, tiote and remy have been on fire lately. Hope we get remy sorted in the end, but I reckon we need to strengthen in January to give him and the rest of the squad an incentive to stay. More competiton, more quality and hopefully a higher placed table placing is obviously vital for us to move forward.

I don't think he'll sign but I've said before, I'm just going to enjoy him while he's here. He's obviously a very good footballer and he's a pleasure to watch, talented but has the brain to go with it. He played the second striker role perfectly in the second half, dropping deeper to help link and being the man to lead counter attacks with pace and dribbling.

Yeah just wanted to say lets just enjoy him while he's here. If we sign him great if not then so be it. I mean Everton have got zero chance of signing Lukaku but I doubt it's going to stop them enjoying him playing for them this year. Unfortunately we're not showing much ambition in the transfer window so if we have to make do with a loan signing like Remy instead of no one or a free transfer crap like Shefki Kuqi then I'm happy we at least managed to get him in on loan.

I think we might get a nice surprise and get him.

I friggin hope so because he's a class act.

At least for now we can draw some consolation from the fact that we won't lose our best forward in the January window as has happened in recent seasons.