Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest hatem garrincha

Remy is Redknapp's target for a while now. He wanted him at Tottenham and came to vélodrome watching him play.

Guest hatem garrincha

You'd like to think that playing with Cabaye, Debuchy, Cisse, HBA, Marveaux et al in front of 52,0000 week in week out for a club far less likely to go down would sway things in our favour wouldn't you.

In France, rumors say that Remy hilmself turned down the first approach from QPR.

Guest hatem garrincha

I don't think he'll choose QPR. The guy is far from being finished.

That doesn't mean he'll choose Newcastle neither.

Guest hatem garrincha

In fact Remy is very quiet and silencious about what he wants.

The french press know nothing about his projects

We're not in similar case than Debuchy (or Ben Arfa before)

Guest hatem garrincha

I hope the alternative for Remy mentioned in Douglas article is not Hoareau !!!!!!

Better be Aubameyang.

I hope the alternative for Remy mentioned in Douglas article is not Hoareau !!!!!!

Better be Aubameyang.

Regarding Aubameyang, isn't he more a pure forward like Cisse, rather than somebody who can play wide?

And whilst we're at playing wide, from what I've read Remy has either played right or central, do you think he could be effective on the left side of a front three with Cisse central and Ben Arfa right (with license to roam and swap positions)? Remy seems extremely right footed from the footage I've seen, which may not be the best combination with Santon on the left?

Guest hatem garrincha

Better be Aubameyang.

Regarding Aubameyang, isn't he more a pure forward like Cisse, rather than somebody who can play wide?

And whilst we're at playing wide, from what I've read Remy has either played right or central, do you think he could be effective on the left side of a front three with Cisse central and Ben Arfa right (with license to roam and swap positions)? Remy seems extremely right footed from the footage I've seen, which may not be the best combination with Santon on the left?

Aubameyang at St-Étienne plays sometimes at a Lone striker and sometimes in a front 2. In the latter system, he's off the main striker, often in the left, but in a very mobile position. He's effective in both systems.

I never saw Remy in the left. Just central or in the right.

Better be Aubameyang.

Aubameyang at St-Étienne plays sometimes at a Lone striker and sometimes in a front 2. In the latter system, he's off the main striker, often in the left, but in a very mobile position. He's effective in both systems.

:thup:

Do you think Remy could be effective on the left?

Guest ItalianMagpie

If OM want to sell him we cannot expect this to be over any time soon, they're gonna wait for the best offer untill they can and they're going to leverage the approaching deadline to squeeze more money out of anyone who's desperate to sign him.

I'd seriously think about an alternative solution now and carry it on along with the Remy's negotiation.

Guest hatem garrincha

Better be Aubameyang.

:thup:

Do you think Remy could be effective on the left?

Maybe yes. He is fast, can cut inside and boom.

Lee Ryder @lee_ryder

No Remy developments have made their way to my desk! Until then its easy to dismiss anything else as lazy conjecture from the nationals.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Hoarau on a free this summer since we need more options up front and Pardew loves his target men  :hmm:? Is he any good?

Think it's a bit of a myth tbh.... we signed Ba on the basis he could play wide left and through the middle and he seems to want a player now to do similar.

We wanted Matuidi in his first summer to perform a rock infront of the back 4 and let Cabaye do his thing.

I think the long term plan has always been 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 with this management even if some circumstances meant it couldn't be used consistently until now.

Hoarau on a free this summer since we need more options up front and Pardew loves his target men  :hmm:? Is he any good?

Think it's a bit of a myth tbh.... we signed Ba on the basis he could play wide left and through the middle and he seems to want a player now to do similar.

We wanted Matuidi in his first summer to perform a rock infront of the back 4 and let Cabaye do his thing.

I think the long term plan has always been 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 with this management even if some circumstances meant it couldn't be used consistently until now.

No we didn't. We signed Ba because we needed a striker after selling Carroll the window before and not replacing him and because he was available on a free after West Ham's relegation. I doubt his versatility even came into it.