Man United 4 - 3 Newcastle United - 26/12/12 - post-match sobfest from page 50

Dave

thought the rule was the FA can't charge if it was mentionied?

I don't see why that would be the case. It works like that in the case of bookings etc that the referee didn't see, but I can't see how that principle would extend to this. The officials didn't feel it worthy of reporting to the FA, so why would they now take action?

He's got away with it again.

thought the rule was the FA can't charge if it was mentionied?

I don't see why that would be the case. It works like that in the case of bookings etc that the referee didn't see, but I can't see how that principle would extend to this. The officials didn't feel it worthy of reporting to the FA, so why would they now take action?

He's got away with it again.

Would it make a difference if he was giving the ref abuse or not? If he was merely protesting, and from what I could tell he was on about Cisse holding Evans back by the shirt, he may have been civil with his lecture to Dean. If he'd given him abuse in any way, he could well have been looking at a red card and hefty punishment? Dunno like

I am giving MOTD, SSN, Radio etc, the widest birth possible for a couple of days.

For some reason, I just decided to quickly flick SSN on.... just at the moment they were showing Hernandez scoring the winner. FFS ! Fuck you, world.

I find it incredibly hard to believe he was ranting and raving like that without being abusive. And in any case it doesn't make it right.

Aye, but it could be that Dean didn't send him off or report if there was no actual verbal abuse. Playing devil's advocate.

Looks like you're right. Still think it's bollocks, and doesn't mention the ranting at the linesman either.

Fergie doesn't do these things to get decisions overturned, he does it because he knows the officials are intimidated by him and his club. Works a treat.

When I saw a post praising Williamson and Simpson saying they were "rock solid" I KNEW that they'd be awful in the 2nd half !  :whistle: You don't tempt fate. Many did on this game's comments

The defending on their winning goal was off the scale appalling. And by the way - has Krul had a decent game since coming back from injury ? Seems no better (at best) than Steve Harper from what Ive seen. Far from the fans favourite of last season

I'm told that is a load of utter tosh.

How can questioning a decision NOT be questioning integrity?! :lol:

I know there is a slight difference but imagine going off at someone like that at work or in the street.

Doubt it would be seen as reasonable and rational :lol:

I'm told that is a load of utter tosh.

How can questioning a decision NOT be questioning integrity?! :lol:

I know there is a slight difference but imagine going off at someone like that at work or in the street.

Doubt it would be seen as reasonable and rational :lol:

Exactly. I could even half kind of accept it if he went and spoke to just the referee, but the fact that he berated the ref, then the 4th official, then the assistant referee, is just insane.

I'm not just saying this, but anyone else and they would have been sent to the stands. I've no doubt about it.

Guest ItalianMagpie

:lol:  reminds me of being in Islington the night Arsenal won the title at Anfield , and some posh c***s in a car with a flag on top went past and shouted at me -' We won the cup'.....' No you didnt it was the league'

:lol:

The people who should be hanging their heads in shame are officiating team and the FA. Fergie is an old man now with a serious rage head on him who knows he can get away with that kind of thing and will keep doing it. Grow some balls and stand up to him ffs, everyone could see he was in the wrong so why just shy away from it like silly little kids?

I find it incredibly hard to believe he was ranting and raving like that without being abusive. And in any case it doesn't make it right.

Aye, but it could be that Dean didn't send him off or report if there was no actual verbal abuse. Playing devil's advocate.

Looks like you're right. Still think it's bollocks, and doesn't mention the ranting at the linesman either.

Fergie doesn't do these things to get decisions overturned, he does it because he knows the officials are intimidated by him and his club. Works a treat.

:thup:

Nail on head.

No wonder he has the confidence to do it because he knows it works, due to a pathetic FA who are supposed to be equal across the board, and a media who are in no uncertain terms biased.

Ho ho ho, look at Fergie having another go, haha what a carry on. Fergie time, hahaha, what a joke. How long until it's generally accepted that football in this country is corrupt? Probably a long time as the media are too scared to raise the question.

Ferguson's always been like this but he's upped the ante lately with this match and his Van Persie comments. He's taking the piss out of the integrity of the league and getting away with it. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say it's descended into a farce now the way he gets on.

Also when you compare Valencia's tackle to Colo's red card at Liverpool and Tiote's red at Sunderland, it is incredible he'll be available for selection this weekend.

On the game, a draw would have been a fair result. A thriller like that should be a victory for football but neutrals I've talked to agree that it was not. The coverage is as disappointing as it is predictable; the BBC have not even mentioned the tackle on Anita in their match report despite it being one of the most controversial incidents in the game. There's also been very little mentioned of Fergie's behaviour which was a major talking point among any fans who watched it.

As for us, we are in relegation trouble still but are showing ten times more fight than we did when we went down. That will hopefully be enough to see us through. If Ba leaves, his replacement has to arrive quickly and also hit the ground running. Those are big boots to fill. A defender also seems to be urgent as we are losing games we should be drawing or winning. Credit has to go to Pardew for the turnaround in performances. He has taken a lot of stick on here during a bad run but deserves credit where it's due. You look at the teamsheet in recent weeks and we couldn't have asked for much more in terms of performance.