Are we stronger if Debuchy signs and Ba leaves?

Ishmael
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not really something we should be thinking about - if Ba leaves we need a replacement anyway because we are still light of a striker since Best went.

IF Ba is replaced adequately then Debuchy's arrival would undoubtedly make us stonger...hopefully, it will bring Cabaye out of his strop as welll which would be a double bonus.

Simpson has been a liability for over a year and his limitations both as a defender and a support to the attack were there for all to see in the last 2 games.

we all know that ashley messed up big time in the summer by not strengthening our defence, he took a gamble which has not paid off.

it may cost him more now to secure the required players than it would have done in the summer but he has no choice because of our league position and the potential loss of revenue if relegated and the loss of value to his investment, our club.

he cant afford not to take the gamble and spend because going down will be a financial disaster

i think he'll replace ba, buy a centre back and a full back, if he doesnt and we go down it will be all his fault

Brilliant post, agree 100%.

Incidentally, which country is your pool in, expat...!?

we all know that ashley messed up big time in the summer by not strengthening our defence, he took a gamble which has not paid off.

it may cost him more now to secure the required players than it would have done in the summer but he has no choice because of our league position and the potential loss of revenue if relegated and the loss of value to his investment, our club.

he cant afford not to take the gamble and spend because going down will be a financial disaster

i think he'll replace ba, buy a centre back and a full back, if he doesnt and we go down it will be all his fault

who knows why we did not get the players we after.who knows why players like James Tavernier, Shane Ferguson ,Sammy Ameobi , have not really moved forward and pressed for a first team spot. this season like most at the club would have thought they would have .Football will always be a bit of a gamble. Last season it went for us. this season it has not . Both Taylors been out for so long has hurt us. I am Not sure it is  all his fault that these things happened.Its all about getting the balance right, with allowing youth to come though and signing players who are good enough to take the club forward. Look at Q.P.R they spent a bit over the last few of years. signing the right players at the right price for the club may not be as easy as people think.(hope this makes sense )

who knows why we did not get the players we after.who knows why players like James Tavernier, Shane Ferguson ,Sammy Ameobi , have not really moved forward and pressed for a first team spot. this season like most at the club would have thought they would have .Football will always be a bit of a gamble. Last season it went for us. this season it has not . Both Taylors been out for so long has hurt us. I am Not sure it is  all his fault that these things happened.Its all about getting the balance right, with allowing youth to come though and signing players who are good enough to take the club forward. Look at Q.P.R they spent a bit over the last few of years. signing the right players at the right price for the club may not be as easy as people think.(hope this makes sense )

Fair points. :thup:

To say he has 'no choice' is not taking in to account who exactly we are talking about. He definitely has a choice, and he can easily chose not to buy the players we obviously need. I like your optimism, though.