Are we stronger if Debuchy signs and Ba leaves?

Ishmael
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Come off it man. :lol:

Wait and see.

I've seen both enough times to not have to wait. Then again, with the way you defend Simpson it'll probably take Debuchy playing like Maldini for you to class him as anything more than a 'slight upgrade'.

It really depends on how we cope with Ba's departure. I would like us to sign a striker, because we we'll be left with Cisse and Shola, and that simply isn't enough as far as out-and-out strikers go. It wouldn't necessarily have to be Remy or any other seven-figures striker right now, someone just to pad the squad out up there. Someone like Austin from Burnley, for eg. He'd make a good contribution to the squad.

Then i'd promote Marveaux to a regular starter and go with the team Beren posted*. That team looks great and could work. Without having to replace Ba with an immediate starter, yes - i think we can be stronger as a team.

As far as the defense goes; if Debuchy is as good as people say, it really is a MASSIVE improvement. Both from an attacking and defensive point of view. Ideally we'll upgrade on Williamson this window too, which isn't beyond the realms of possibility but probably won't happen.

Krul

Debuchy  Williams  Colo  Santon

Tiote      Cabaye

HBA        Anita        Marv

Cisse

I've seen both enough times to not have to wait. Then again, with the way you defend Simpson it'll probably take Debuchy playing like Maldini for you to class him as anything more than a 'slight upgrade'.

I've wanted us to sign Debuchy for long enough and said in the Summer that he should have been brought in to replace Simpson.  I've defended Simpson when people have gone way over the top about him.

I've wanted us to sign Debuchy for long enough and said in the Summer that he should have been brought in to replace Simpson.  I've defended Simpson when people have gone way over the top about him.

There have also been times when you've tried to defend the indefensible.

If we don't buy a class striker and Cisse gets injured we are COMPLETELY f***ed. Shola gets what? 4 a season?

Aye but for some reason i think we will buy one.... anyway this is only going to go two ways...

Really really good or really really bad, there really is no middle ground.

Guest Howaythetoon

Its a toughie... on the one hand we are losing our top goalscorer, someone who has scored half the total of goals we have scored this season, an established Premier League player. But on the other... we are signing a French, a fucking FRENCH international right-back who at 27 should be ripe for establishing himself as a Premier League player in the league's 2nd worse defence.

What a ridiculous question/post/thread.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Yes because we still have a good striker in Cissé and we actually have a proper good Right Back and not that catastrophe they call "Danny Simpson".

Guest sicko2ndbest

Krul

Debuchy colo Taylor santon

Anita Tiote Cabaye

HBA Cisse marv

Is a much better fit than

Krul

Simpson colo Taylor santon

Tiote Cabaye Anita

Cisse Ba HBA

Stronger XI without a doubt

Krul

Anita Tiote Cabaye

HBA Cisse marv

Krul

Tiote Cabaye Anita

Cisse Ba HBA

Then Cisse picks up a knock and our replacements are Shola or Ranger. Goal explosion!!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Krul

Anita Tiote Cabaye

HBA Cisse marv

Krul

Tiote Cabaye Anita

Cisse Ba HBA

Then Cisse picks up a knock and our replacements are Shola or Ranger. Goal explosion!!

I actually think Shola would do a job with that type of service

Krul

Anita Tiote Cabaye

HBA Cisse marv

Krul

Tiote Cabaye Anita

Cisse Ba HBA

i said earlier i'd still want us to get a forward in, just not a direct replacement for ba.

When was the last time Cisse got injured? But yeah we shall ignore that.

Anyway we will sign a forward i'm pretty certain about that, Ashley can't risk us going down and missing out on all that fabulous tv money.

Sometimes i think the people who are pro-Ba want us to fail and not sign anyone just to make sure they are right :lol:

Krul

Anita Tiote Cabaye

HBA Cisse marv

Krul

Tiote Cabaye Anita

Cisse Ba HBA

I actually think Shola would do a job with that type of service

For the last 20 minutes of every match at a push. Who would you have play the first 70?