Reds 2-5 Blues - 10/03/13 - post-match reaction from page 35

Yorkie

Guest knoxy333

This is my first ever post!

Thanks for yesterday, was a thoroughly enjoyable morning! (Even though the weather didnt help much)  :)

This is my first ever post!

Thanks for yesterday, was a thoroughly enjoyable morning! (Even though the weather didnt help much)  :)

Well played man!

I'll write up a wee match report and leave blanks where I've forgotten names etc.

Enjoyed that yesterday, thought it was the most even of all the matches we've had despite the scoreline, was f***ed by time I got home like knee swelled up badly, cheers to Yorkie for the organisation and Rich for the water and Jaffas!

Enjoyed our match up. Was delighted you changed position in the 2nd half (although still schooled me).

Thought it was a pretty even match despite the scoreline, but we got destroyed by pace/massive gaps in defence/OCK's suicidal formation (it seemed a good idea at the time!) Not sure why we didn't get at least one pelanty (definite pel, pel pel pel), though whether that would've changed the outcome is anyone's guess. Some very good finishes from the Blues, has to be said. Their keeper pulled off some absolutely quality saves too.

Highlight of the game for me was Neesy's inexplicable backheel attempt in the middle of the pitch. It just seemed completely random and out of the blue, think I found it funnier than it actually was mind. Just when I was making a run, looked back and seeing Neesy twirling for seemingly no reason, in an attempt to get past someone. :lol:

Cheers to Matt for organising it all, great stuff and hope we can get another one sorted in the near future.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Thought it was a pretty even match despite the scoreline, but we got destroyed by pace/massive gaps in defence/OCK's suicidal formation (it seemed a good idea at the time!)

The dynamic duo of Disco and Neil didn't perform as I had planned. Duffy is midfield next time for sure!

The shielding didn't quite go as planned. Some would say it didn't exist, but I just thought with the swirling wind, you should have recognised that proper players - and we are all proper players - didn't need tactics.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I didn't want to mention it, but Neil fired shots!

On reflection Blues have all the pace, while the Reds have... Neil.  :okay:

5 at the back next time (or a complete reboot of the teams  :yao:)

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The shielding didn't quite go as planned. Some would say it didn't exist, but I just thought with the swirling wind, you should have recognised that proper players - and we are all proper players - didn't need tactics.

"Neil, you stay back and help defence."

Turn around and Neil is up front.

"Dino and Rocker, you guys track back as soon as we lose possession and cover the flanks"

Suddenly we're playing 3-3-1-3.  :lol:

:lol: not exactly the most dynamic central midfield pairing I've seen

Worked OK in the first half and then I ended up playing the whole right side of defence for the second half.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:lol: not exactly the most dynamic central midfield pairing I've seen

Worked OK in the first half and then I ended up playing the whole right side of defence for the second half.

It did work well in the first half, I think the 2nd half went to pot as everyone wanted to attack. In fairness probably should have asked Nut and Duffy if they were OK playing CB still, as I think they wanted to get a bit more involved.  :lol:

Still, was a good game and I think most people enjoyed it.

Someone please draw out the formation and players for me. Im intrigued.

------------------Some Boro Lad?!-----------------

---------------------------------------------------------

-----------------Neesy--Duffy--Nut------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

----------------------Neil Neville----------------------

-----------------Disco------GallowgateKev---------

Dino--------------------Ketsbia---------------Rocker

-----------------------OCK------------------------------

Someone please draw out the formation and players for me. Im intrigued.

Second half was:

Keeper

Me  Nut

Duffy Kev

Dino Neesy/Slim/Neil Rocker

OCK Ketsbaia

with Duffy and Kev generally moving forward as soon as they'd passed the ball on with no-one filling in.

We started something like

---------------Yorkie's mate in goal------------------

-----------Neesy------Nut------Duffy-----------------------

----Rocker---me----Slim----Disco----Dino-----

---------------Kev------OCK

Ketsbaia scored one of our goals I think.

The 1st half I thought we vaguely stuck to our positions well. 2nd half with different people swapping, it all went to pot. Disco's formation is an accurate reflection of the 2nd half. I think given the fact one Blues pass pretty much played them through on goal, about 6 or 7 of us Reds were the last man at some point. I thought it went well.