Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

While I'm not defending him, why single him out over say, Winjaldum?

I'm not, I've said exactly the same about Gini if you take a look on his thread.

They were both absolutely appalling yesterday.

:thup:

A lot more people in here though. I think Winjaldum has been nothing short of disgraceful for the past month at least.

Agent has probably already told him there's interest next season regardless.

His last goal or assist this season was against Liverpool on the 6th December :lol: yet people defend him and say he is our best attacking threat? Jesus wept.

An attacking midfielder who hasn't scored or assisted in 4 months, prolific.

EDIT - in fact, he hasn't scored a goal all season. He has 5 assists, 3 of them against Norwich. So in effect, he's only been involved in a goal during 3 games in the whole season.

Guest firetotheworks

It's shit, but that's missing out the bit where there's no one else who scores or assists. :lol:

While I'm not defending him, why single him out over say, Winjaldum?

I'm not, I've said exactly the same about Gini if you take a look on his thread.

They were both absolutely appalling yesterday.

:thup:

A lot more people in here though. I think Winjaldum has been nothing short of disgraceful for the past month at least.

I think he's probably got fed up being asked to play in a 10 man defence. It's not excusable, but when you compare how Bournemouth were set up to go forward in numbers while we stay in rigid defensive formation, it's not really a surprise when certain players lose enthusiasm. McClaren falling between two stools again as he has done all his career.

Think the main difference between the criticism him and the likes of Gini, Janmaat get compared to Colback, Taylor et al is that we know how good they can be.

As senior, internationally capped pros they should be the ones dragging the team out of the mire. it should be them leading the way and putting in the sweat to inspire others.

I am personally fed up of our 'better' players seemingly not giving two s***s and just strolling around.

I don't doubt Taylor's effort, I doubt his ability cos he is proven horse poop.

For the likes of Sissoko it is legitimate to ask questions over their attitude and application, because the ability is there...

Such a f***ing sin that we have a miserable, uninspiring cretin in charge.

His last goal or assist this season was against Liverpool on the 6th December :lol: yet people defend him and say he is our best attacking threat? Jesus wept.

An attacking midfielder who hasn't scored or assisted in 4 months, prolific.

Largely to do with none of our players being able to head a ball/finish. Is it not clear from watching our games that our only real attacking threat comes from him and Janmaat combining down the right? He's a shit finisher obviously though

It's s***, but that's missing out the bit where there's no one else who scores or assists. :lol:

In comparison, in the same s*** team... Shelvey has been here since January 16th and has 3 assists to his name.

So Sissoko has played for us for 5 months more this season and contributed 2 more assists.

Also taking into effect that Shelvey plays much deeper and our results have been worse since December, so Sissoko has had more opportunities.

Guest firetotheworks

Shelvey, aside from a performance or two has been the only one actually trying to make things happen tbf to him.

Think the main difference between the criticism him and the likes of Gini, Janmaat get compared to Colback, Taylor et al is that we know how good they can be.

As senior, internationally capped pros they should be the ones dragging the team out of the mire. it should be them leading the way and putting in the sweat to inspire others.

I am personally fed up of our 'better' players seemingly not giving two s***s and just strolling around.

I don't doubt Taylor's effort, I doubt his ability cos he is proven horse poop.

For the likes of Sissoko it is legitimate to ask questions over their attitude and application, because the ability is there...

Such a f***ing sin that we have a miserable, uninspiring cretin in charge.

I think your last sentence is all you need to say really. If he's picking players who stroll around and don't give a shit then who's to blame for that?

This guy has been here how long now? He should be our best player and the one that delivers for us when we need a lift. He is incredibly poor and we need to move him on if we manage to stay up.

It's s***, but that's missing out the bit where there's no one else who scores or assists. :lol:

In comparison, in the same shit team... Shelvey has been here since January 16th and has 3 assists to his name.

So Sissoko has played for us for 5 months more this season and contributed 2 more assists.

Also taking into effect that Shelvey plays much deeper.

Shelvey has been better than Sissoko since he joined but that's not taking into account that Sissoko has to cross the ball into people who can't head the ball while if you split the defence with a pass from deep once in a game there is a massive chance its going to be a goal

This guy has been here how long now? He should be our best player and the one that delivers for us when we need a lift. He is incredibly poor and we need to move him on if we manage to stay up.

You change your opinion on him basically every week Kaka :lol:

In comparison, in the same shit team... Shelvey has been here since January 16th and has 3 assists to his name.

Also taking into effect that Shelvey plays much deeper.

Shelvey has been better than Sissoko since he joined but that's not taking into account that Sissoko has to cross the ball into people who can't head the ball while if you split the defence with a pass from deep once in a game there is a massive chance its going to be a goal

It really is astounding that people focus so much on Sissoko when the problem for the last few seasons has been lack of goals up front and shit defending at the back.

Honestly he's killing me, such a frustrating player, seems like he's got everything and nothing at the same time :lol:

It's so mad  :lol:

I do love him though. If we were a proper functioning team with threats in a lot of other areas it would be more bearable. Because we rely on him to do so much it's more painful. Shelvey will be a big help.

Kaka, you posted this about two months ago after months of calling him shit :lol:

The old age myth of Sissoko crossing the ball :lol:

In 29 appearances this season, Sissoko has put in an average of 1.1 crosses per game.

Yes, our strikers are to blame for not heading in that 1 cross he puts in a week.

So you're argument is that of all the players who provide service from out wide, Sissoko is the biggest problem? We really are watching different games.

In 29 appearances this season, Sissoko has put in an average of 1.1 crosses per game.

Yes, our strikers are to blame for not heading in that 1 cross he puts in a week.

While you were looking for those stats did you also see the one where he has created 47 chances this season?

It's amazing how little people appreciate that work rate is a key component of being a good premier league player like.

Tell it to McClaren mate. How hard can it be to find someone to run hard for 90 mins, yet that moron keeps picking continental pansies.

So you're argument is that of all the players who provide service from out wide, Sissoko is the biggest problem? We really are watching different games.

Where have I said that? I haven't. We have a lot of shit players.

You've stated how Sissoko is not the problem, puts in crosses etc. is our most attacking player and so on.

Yet so far this season we have gathered he puts in 1 cross a game, has 5 assists all season (across 3 matches out of 29) and 0 goals.

If you don't see how absolutely appalling and cowardly he was yesterday, there is no helping you.

It's amazing how little people appreciate that work rate is a key component of being a good premier league player like.

I appreciate it, I just don't see the lack of work rate most of the time. How many times do full backs do anything up against him? Both Wijnaldum and Aarons both let their full back go yesterday at one stage, one resulting in a goal