Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

Was absolutely shite but:

Number of on a plate chances created by Moussa Sissoko - 1

Number of chances at all created by other NUFC players - 0

Exactly. They were all shit, Sissoko included, but he wasn't the worst.

He's only useful when running with the ball in to space. When under pressure close quarters he's useless.

... is the problem. And as our major weakness is working the ball through the midfield, he can be quite a liability. If we score first and the other team have to throw players forward, he's good on the break. But we don't look likely to score first with our current set up.

I'd give things a go without him and see what happens. What's there to lose.

Rubbish tonight, absolutely clueless.  I'm sick of saying this but he only ever beats a man by luck and pace, tries to toe the ball past the defender and if it goes through his legs he sprints after it.  No guile or skill in his play just kick and run. Plus he actually believes he is better than he is.

Same old story.  Played like a bag of shit.  Didn't look interested.  Yet he's the only fucker that creates anything in our team.  For that reason alone, I'd still start him most weeks. 

I've pushed for him to play in the middle in the past.  But fuck me, he is bad there.  His touch, passing and close control when trying to turn, are all horrendous for a professional central midfielder.  He's a big guy, yet struggles to shield the ball and continually gets caught in possession.  Every pass to him, is always in danger of being given straight back to the opposition.  He obviously doesn't like it there, either.  He spent most of his time trying to go and play on the right with Townsend. 

Was crap but produced the only bit of quality in the final third.

If all our midfield were available, would you pick him for the next game?

I would. I might pick a different manager who could actually pick a side with a striker as well though.

We had a midfield and front line of 6 if you include Townsend and Sissoko, out which perhaps only Saivet wasn't atrocious. I would suggest that has more to do with a lack of belief and understanding at what they were trying to do. You can always blame the players individually, but the truth is most of them are worth a fortune. At some point you have to question why it is the manager isn't getting them to function as a team and that is after all his fucking job.