Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Comes across to me as a bit of a 'belief' player (moody git basically).  If you get him onboard and believing in the team and manager then he'll boss the midfield but if he's got no faith in either the club or the management then he's quite happy to just sack it off and do the bare minimum.

He's got all the physical attributes to play at the top and his technique is generally decent, if he had the mental strength and attitude to go with it he could play at the very top level imo.

Surround him with right players and manager and he's fine.

Also fuck it he scored the main goal to keep us up man.

Exactly. He needs good wide players and a decent striker to play off. At the moment he ends up going wide and basically trying to make everything happen himself while Colback stands back watching.

Been saying it since we got the lad and had a first look at him. It could have been an additional dimension to our game in terms of attacking fret to use him to arrive late in the box and cause havoc, with crosses being put in from wide positions. A route 1 manager like al pards' wet dream. How he never clocked on to this, and instead stuck him out on the wing, thus nullifying his impact, is beyond me.

He's a good player and when we signed him he was something we'd needed for over a decade in terms of driving the side forward but he's too clumsy on the ball to ever truly succeed at a CL team in the top leagues.

Thank god we're not one of those then.

Who inferred we were? His individual level was being discussed. If you can't keep up with the conversation just stay out of it.

Surrounded by shite. Of course he looks demotivated. I understand how we all think they should care, but if I took a job in France on the promise of one thing then found out that my managers where loathsome, my colleagues were Mike Williamson level morons and nothing would change the I reckon I'd be demotivated. Professional pride and money only go so far. I'm not denying he's had shocking season but so have most of the players. The difference is we know that Sissoko can be a good player and with the right manager and the right players I think he could be vital again.

He would look twice the player if we had better players around him. It seems obvious but if people passed and moved then everyone would have more space and people wouldn't always have to look to the one or two players who can beat a man to create everything. Instead the players feed the ball to one another from one static position to the next and the one or two players that look to get it forward end up isolated.

Surrounded by shite. Of course he looks demotivated. I understand how we all think they should care, but if I took a job in France on the promise of one thing then found out that my managers where loathsome, my colleagues were Mike Williamson level morons and nothing would change the I reckon I'd be demotivated. Professional pride and money only go so far. I'm not denying he's had shocking season but so have most of the players. The difference is we know that Sissoko can be a good player and with the right manager and the right players I think he could be vital again.

He would look twice the player if we had better players around him. It seems obvious but if people passed and moved then everyone would have more space and people wouldn't always have to look to the one or two players who can beat a man to create everything. Instead the players feed the ball to one another from one static position to the next and the one or two players that look to get it forward end up isolated.

We used to think that was all Pardclue's doing. I think it's clear now that a lot of it was actually the 'players'.

We used to think that was all Pardclue's doing. I think it's clear now that a lot of it was actually the 'players'.

I still think a lot of it was down to Pardew. He was the one who encouraged playing deep and leaving the forward isolated. Carver just hasn't done anything about it. Until we get new thinking brought by a qualified coach it isn't going to change. You would probably get a better idea of Sissoko's ability by watching him play for France. They aren't much of a side either but it will still give some perspective to see him with different players.

He's a good player and when we signed him he was something we'd needed for over a decade in terms of driving the side forward but he's too clumsy on the ball to ever truly succeed at a CL team in the top leagues.

Thank god we're not one of those then.

Who inferred we were? His individual level was being discussed. If you can't keep up with the conversation just stay out of it.

Don't get your panties in a bunch, it was a comment about the dire state of the club.

I think people are right about there being a player in there somewhere if his head is in the right place. I can only begin to imagine what it must be like for some of the better players to have went in to training everyday for the last few years just knowing it was going to be the same old shit of worrying about who we play at the weekend and the odd practice at floating balls to Williamson at the far post. IF they can come back from a short summer break to see a new coaching team with ideas and crazy things like attacking tactics then they can rediscover their enthusiasm and start to think about improving as players and a team.

Taking Sissoko as an example, for the last 2 years at least, a few games aside, he has  been identified as a strong pacy wide man and told to stay out on the right.

If he comes back in with someone new in charge, gets played in a midfield three alongside a new holding midfielder and someone intelligent like Anita, with pace, strength and movement ahead of him (New CF, Perez, Cabella) we could see a whole new player.

I dont think we need that much change in the personnel as an attacking team, (obvioulsy we need a lot of strength in depth added) we just need the players to be given a chance.

But he wants to play for "bigger clubs". Arrogant fuck. What's he done to think he's deserved a move to someone better.

Maybe he should try and perform for us first.