Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

Santon bashing seems to have gotten out of hand imo. He could do with a game or two out just so he doesn't feel too comfortable, but he's hardly been awful.

:thup:

I just like the fact we have competition in a position that has lacked it for so long.

Santon bashing seems to have gotten out of hand imo. He could do with a game or two out just so he doesn't feel too comfortable, but he's hardly been awful.

This, he needs a rest and needs to work on defensive duty more but he can still drift past players like few others. Lovely to have Haidara as an option and would be happy to see him or Santon play, latter needs a rest so may do us good

Guest bimpy474

I don't think it's bashing when you show concern to the lads poor defensive play, especially when you consider he is a defender.

Call me old fashioned but i prefer my full back to be a good defender above all else, then you look for one who has good forward play too.

I don't think it's bashing when you show concern to the lads poor defensive play, especially when you consider he is a defender.

Call me old fashioned but i prefer my full back to be a good defender above all else, then you look for one who has good forward play too.

These are my thoughts too, I love Santon hes becoming such a threat going forward and has bagged 3-4 assists this season, and in spells can be decent defensively aswell, but a lot of the time there are huge holes in his game defensively which I feel have cost us on many occasions.

Don't think most think he's awful just that we at last have some competition and he needs to improve defensively.

Which is fair enough IMO.

Guest bimpy474

These are my thoughts too, I love Santon hes becoming such a threat going forward and has bagged 3-4 assists this season, and in spells can be decent defensively aswell, but a lot of the time there are huge holes in his game defensively which I feel have cost us on many occasions.

Aye, and it's not exactly helped having no cover for him, now we do it might help Santon kick on, because he is a cracking player when on his game.

Thank you. I've been saying this for months.

Guest bimpy474

Thank you. I've been saying this for months.

O0

Guest icemanblue

Would be happy to see Santon at left midfield with Haidara at left back.

Stop this, please.

Stop this, please.

Even more ridiculous now that Ben Arfa is back.

Really like the look of Haidara, but talks about playing him over Santon are a bit daft IMO.

Guest firetotheworks

Stop this, please.

Even more ridiculous now that Ben Arfa is back.

Really like the look of Haidara, but talks about playing him over Santon are a bit daft IMO.

I wouldn't say it's daft, but at this stage it needs to put a fire under Santon to defend better than he is at the moment.

Santon has looked like he needs a rest for a while, he's still very young himself, he does a lot of running and it's not that surprising that his fitness levels aren't fully up to a full premier league season + cups etc. Haidara playing could be a blessing for him. That said suspect Santon will start this weekend as Haidara himself may be tired from this trip.

It would have been very hard for him to be exposed in games where we've been so defensive. We'll see how good he is positionally when he's required to do more. He will be very good, excellent athlete and good footballer, but he's not quite Santon's level yet.

First of all, Haidara is very good from the two games I've seen of him. happy for him to give h a taste of premier league match.

Second of all, Santon is definitely a good player but I don't see him as a great defender but more of a winger who likes to provide assisted and go for a goal himself sometimes. I read somewhere where it said that he actually started as a striker when he was much younger. I don't know how he ended up ad a RB but you can see he likes to play up the field. I wouldn't mind seeing him in place of Jonas.

Not sure why we need to be moving/dropping either of them tbh. Let them fight it out for their position. Healthy competition is something we have missed all over the pitch for quite a while, I'm happy to enjoy it while we have it.

That said it does also give us another option at right back if Debuchy misses games.