Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Since when did Pardew improve ANY player, let alone one who was a French International ay a relatively young age...?

Ryan Taylor and Mike Williamson say hello.

No and No. Willo was already decent/ok under Houghton and Raylor was at the same level at Wigan. Maybe he improved Perch and Best. Thats all I can think of.

:best:

Since when did Pardew improve ANY player, let alone one who was a French International ay a relatively young age...?

Ryan Taylor and Mike Williamson say hello.

No and No. Willo was already decent/ok under Houghton and Raylor was at the same level at Wigan. Maybe he improved Perch and Best. Thats all I can think of.

:best:

Best was good for us, dont care what anyone says. He wasnt prolific, but he was held the ball up well and was a presence.

Debuchy was never improved, he just didn't show his true level at the start.

Cabaye neither, I suppose you could make an argument for Ba. :dontknow:

Nope ... Ba has always produced also. Scored for West Ham when he first came over. Had always scored in Germany.

Pardew has done nothing for anyone. He's a hapless pant.

Cabaye definitely improved in his spell here. There's a reason why the likes of Arsenal and PSG were uninterested when he was at Lille, but suddenly perked up after 2 and a half solid seasons in the Premier League. He plays far more regularly for France now than when he signed for us also.

Cabaye definitely improved in his spell here. There's a reason why the likes of Arsenal and PSG were uninterested when he was at Lille, but suddenly perked up after 2 and a half solid seasons in the Premier League. He plays far more regularly for France now than when he signed for us also.

Nah, not having it. Doing it in the prem just raised Cabye's profile. Wouldn't say he improved.

No way on earth he improved Cabaye :lol: He only started playing well consistently when he wanted a transfer which speaks volumes about him.

For a player to improve it needs to be permanent, not for a month then have to be sold to lower league teams like Perch, Best, Simpson etc.

No way on earth he improved Cabaye :lol: He only started playing well consistently when he wanted a transfer which speaks volumes about him.

For a player to improve it needs to be permanent, not for a month then have to be sold to lower league teams like Perch, Best, Simpson etc.

You think Cabaye was poor in 2010/11?

Yohan's best form came in his last 6 months. He improved.

Likewise with Ba & Debuchy. Noboy wanted to spend £6m on Debuchy before except us and we should him for double - he improved.

I dislike Pardew as much as the next but he's been okay at improving the value of a few lads.

Likewise with Ba & Debuchy. Noboy wanted to spend £6m on Debuchy before except us and we should him for double - he improved.

I dislike Pardew as much as the next but he's been okay at improving the value of a few lads.

Or maybe it has to do with them proving themselves and getting more exposure in a better league? After all I don't think Cabaye improved massively during his time here and Debuchy was a part of the French national team in the 2012 EURO's. I'm not sure he improved a lot either, he seemed to adapt more to the league, but not necessarily improve as a footballer.

When he was at Lille? Dunno

:lol: Alright, fair play. Point still stands though - I accept that Cabaye's best form came in the first half of last season, but he was still a big reason behind our fifth placed finish in 2012.

Yohan's best form came in his last 6 months.

This, not that Pardew can take credit for it. The manager of a club isn't the only determining factor in a players development. It's silly to deny all improvement through a hatred of the manager.

When he was at Lille? Dunno

:lol: Alright, fair play. Point still stands though - I accept that Cabaye's best form came in the first half of last season, but he was still a big reason behind our fifth placed finish in 2012.

And also Lille winning the double the year before for the first time in decades (possibly ever).

Or maybe it has to do with them proving themselves and getting more exposure in a better league? After all I don't think Cabaye improved massively during his time here and Debuchy was a part of the French national team in the 2012 EURO's. I'm not sure he improved a lot either, he seemed to adapt more to the league, but not necessarily improve as a footballer.

Most of our signings have decent pedigree. If they shine they are just proving themselves.  If they don't - they've been Pardewed.  There's a middle ground.

Most of our signings have decent pedigree. If they shine they are just proving themselves.  If they don't - they've been Pardewed.  There's a middle ground.

The middle ground was eroded long ago :lol: