Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

There's never really much of a plan in mind when we sign anyone beyond value.

And it's beginning to show big time in a squad of dissparate players, some good, some average, a couple rank, but the one thing missing is a cohesive plan or strategy in formulating a team.

Buy em cheap, stack em high, sell, sell, sell. SD as a football club.

He was fine everytime he actually played in his position last season alongside Williamson.

But nah lets judge him playing out of position :anguish:

That was like a run of 3 games.

I'm not sure about Mapou - he hasn't shown much to me at all but he's rarely been given the chance. As we are in desperate need of a striker I would prefer he stay.. we'll need him at some point and I hope he can show some real quality.

Guest bimpy474

He's young has great potential, when you compare the amount of chances Saylor has been given and is getting again. It's ridiculous it's MYM who being shifted and not Saylor.

I guess licking Pardew's arse like Williamson does has it's benefits.

Guest bimpy474

He's 25 now mind, not 'that' young. Should be reaching his prime in the next 2-3 years.

I was thinking in CB terms, 27 to 32 is the prime age for CB, not always but mostly. We should be seeing his best years to come not getting rid of him to keep Saylor, Williamson and a probably leaving soon Colo. It's ridiculous.

He was fine everytime he actually played in his position last season alongside Williamson.

I'm not sure about Mapou - he hasn't shown much to me at all but he's rarely been given the chance. As we are in desperate need of a striker I would prefer he stay.. we'll need him at some point and I hope he can show some real quality.

I think he's been fine in his natural position personally,  but in any case I agree with the rest.

I genuinely wouldn't care if I was confident of two quality defenders were bought in but I doubt that would happen.

That's the problem, the idea of Colo breaking down and prolonged appearances of Taylor and Williamson.

Looks like he's staying anyway, still need a CB mind.

I think he's been fine in his natural position personally,  but in any case I agree with the rest.

I genuinely wouldn't care if I was confident of two quality were bought in but I doubt that would happen.

That's the problem, the idea of Colo breaking down and prolonged appearances of Taylor and Williamson.

Looks like he's staying anyway, still need a CB mind.

not that others haven't put in similar performances. But Everton away Mapou was as bad as I've seen a Newcastle CB.  Ran away from the bal ffs

When I say that I meant with Williamson I know they were broken up but they have played at least 5 times together.

I saw enough against good teams that it works, we all know him and Colo don't work.

Steven Taylor's had strong runs of performances alongside Colo and he's as bang below average a Prem CB as it gets. Many wanted him in the England squad after a prolonged run of good form.

Point being: there's not enough evidence to suggest he's good enough while at NUFC. He's had as many abject performances as standout - probably more.

Now obviously it's not all his fault. Most of the blame probably lies elsewhere. I want him to be given a chance the same way I wanted Marv to be given a chance. Luckily fro Mapou i'm certain he'll have a run of 5 games at least at CB to prove his worth at some point.

I still maintain that what we really need is a dominating CB who is good in the air, then you play either Colo or Mapou alongside and the CB position is fine. Sadly, with Mapou not being sold we won't be buying that CB so the weakness in defence will continue for another season.

I still maintain that what we really need is a dominating CB who is good in the air

I like the way you say that as if it's controversial even though everyone on here knows it.

Maybe someone needs to tell that to Charnley then.

Since when did Pardew improve ANY player, let alone one who was a French International ay a relatively young age...?

Ryan Taylor and Mike Williamson say hello.

No and No. Willo was already decent/ok under Houghton and Raylor was at the same level at Wigan. Maybe he improved Perch and Best. Thats all I can think of.