Newcastle United 1 - 2 Reading - 19/01/13 - post-disaster reaction from page 53

Dave

Good half but I'm quite disappointed we turned to tedium ball as soon we scored.  It happens every single time, astonishingly negative.  Pardew should be forced to pay match-goers money back for every minute they have to sit through it, since it's a waste of time and it's all Pardew's choice.  I really don't think it's necessary.

Anyway, let's hope we can push on hold on.

Good stuff.

The fullbacks have both looked good going forward and Cabaye and Marveaux have looked capable of opening them up through the middle. Cisse's unlucky not to have had a goal, the header and volley were both very good efforts, kind of attempts that were going in last year. He really should have buried the one from Debuchy's cross though.

Would love to see this team with Ben Arfa and another quality player in there in place of Shola and Jonas. Neither offer very much.

Bit worrying that we seemed to lose our way after the goal. Really hope we don't sit back and invite them onto us second half. If we go out and attack them again I don't think they're capable of keeping us out, can't let them get a foothold in the game.

The difficulty is we don't have a counter-attacking game. Going a goal up and then having the opposition come at you shouldn't be a problem because you can then hit them on the break. When we get a turnover, we spend too much time making sure we keep possession rather than moving forward quickly.

We should win, but it's still in the balance. Pardew needs to take the fear out of the team, get them still thinking positive.

Guest bimpy474

Criminal how bad Jonas is. Playing with 10 men would see no difference.

His only use is defensively, he can't cross so playing him out there is pointless really.

You've been great, I think. Reading are s***, though.

Add Barfa to this side = sex.

:megusta:

Hate myself for sounding like Pardew, but imagine just how good this team actually could be with everyone fit. Fucking hell. We've got the ability here, as that first half proves. Would love us to just press on and go for a few confidence goals but those final few minutes scare me that we're just going to do our usual second half of living on the edge until we give them a point. :undecided:

HT: some decent football, a fantastic goal, could have been more had Cisse been in form. Keep it up lads.

Cisse has been unlucky, if he hadnt caught either so cleanly he would have scored. No excuse for his offsides mind.

Cisse's done fine, he connected well with both chances. He's finding space and getting the ball, the rest is just a matter of time.

HT: some decent football, a fantastic goal, could have been more had Cisse been in form. Keep it up lads.

:thup:

A very good half by our standards this season. These are abysmal, we need to ram home our superiority.

aye, criminal if we shut up shop in this position. a morale boosting big win is just what we need.

Cisse's looked pretty sharp, on another day his chances would nestle in the back of the net. Off the ball he's defending the right flank well and when we attack he starts sitting just off Shola, worked well so far, with Debuchy basically acting as our right-winger - what a difference it makes having him there.

Pardew must realise that our confidence is so fragile that sitting back and trying to play out a 1-0 would be torture on the nerves for the players. We need to go for a 2nd to get some breathing space.

Guest Roger Kint

Think Williamson watched those Mbiwa clips on Youtube judging by his forward runs.

Watch him turn into Lucio now his place could be under threat :lol: