Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

I wish we had a bigger and more influential supporters group who could get that sort of message out there, rather than us being painted as kneejerkers.

That's half the problem, like. Liverpool and Man U fight this sort of thing with fire. That's part of the reason they're the clubs they are.

@JongsmaJongsma: De Boer: 'I see a perspective at Tottenham Hotspur, just as Liverpool and Newcastle United sometimes are, they are sleeping giants'. (NOS)

:yao:

Awfully nice of him to say, but just another example of outsiders not paying attention to what's really happening here. To most, we're still the Newcastle United of Keegan, Shearer, and Robson, not the Newcastle United of Ashley, Kinnear, and Pardew.

He was intimating he wanted to build something though tbh.

:thup:

I wish we had a bigger and more influential supporters group who could get that sort of message out there, rather than us being painted as kneejerkers.

That's half the problem, like. Liverpool and Man U fight this sort of thing with fire. That's part of the reason they're the clubs they are.

Yup, I think having key people in the media too really helps them not stand for mediocrity. Look at the number of pundits who are affiliated with one or the other whereas Shearer (our only one) barely puts the boot in at all.

Yup, I think having key people in the media too really helps them not stand for mediocrity. Look at the number of pundits who are affiliated with one or the other whereas Shearer (our only one) barely puts the boot in at all.

The key people in the media are all on Pardews side which is grim

most of the media is barely aware of the existence of clubs outside "the elite" and think so long as your not getting relegated you have no right to complain ever and your "deluded" if the idea of trying to compete or improve is brought up. Just be honored to bask in the reflected glory of Man Utd, Liverpool and co.

most of the media is barely aware of the existence of clubs outside "the elite" and think so long as your not getting relegated you have no right to complain ever and your "deluded" if the idea of trying to compete or improve is brought up. Just be honored to bask in the reflected glory of Man Utd, Liverpool and co.

Not just the elite, they'll always jump on board with Spurs and West Ham too.

The worst thing for me is that our local media are completely on board with this point of view too. Pardew has benefited massively from nearly getting us relegated, he's made coming 9th and breaking various negative club records look like a magnificent achievement because of how disgustingly bad he's been at his job in the past.

Where have the shitloads of Newcastle supporters that are happy with a mid-table finish sprung up from in the last ten years? They certainly weren't there when Bobby Robson finished 5th.

In realistic Ashley terms, i would like Eddie Howe given a chance. I can't see Ashley going abroad for a manager, i can't see him getting a current top manager in England. Fancy him to go down the leagues again or hire someone he knows closley. Howe has continued to improve Bournemouth, would snap up the chance to come here, works on limited budgets already and is young and up and coming.

In realistic Ashley terms, i would like Eddie Howe given a chance. I can't see Ashley going abroad for a manager, i can't see him getting a current top manager in England. Fancy him to go down the leagues again or hire someone he knows closley. Howe has continued to improve Bournemouth, would snap up the chance to come here, works on limited budgets already and is young and up and coming.

young and "up and coming" makes me worry about sherwood

:lol: See what you mean but this is completely different to that situation to be fair. Only downside with Howe and what makes it such a gamble is that he has no knowledge of the PL or playing/working at a 'big club'. It would all be new to him and the step up so quickly might be too big of a jump so soon.

Been saying this for a long time. I'd love to see him have a go.

Howe probably wouldn't move up here. His family wanted a move back to the South Coast hence him leaving Burnley.

I reckon he'd be tempted...

But anyway, probably won't happen.

Probably but aye it won't. He's contracted for 4 years too so would take a fair bit of compo to get him too.

Not too mention AFCB may well have a bigger net spend budget than we will. They've spent way more than us, have done last couple of seasons :lol:

I really like the younger English Managers in the lower leagues. Their knowledge of players from outside of England is what would be the main worry, but then if it's just left to Carr to get the talent in, then it could well work for sure.

:lol: See what you mean but this is completely different to that situation to be fair. Only downside with Howe and what makes it such a gamble is that he has no knowledge of the PL or playing/working at a 'big club'. It would all be new to him and the step up so quickly might be too big of a jump so soon.

I meant it worries me in the sense that Ashley might hire him when spurs can him. Horrible, horrible cunt.

Sherwood has done a very steady job at spurs, to be fair to him, they're on course to match their record points tally.

Been saying this for a long time. I'd love to see him have a go.

didnt he do a pretty poor job at burnley (genuine question btw, im not sure).

Sherwood has done a very steady job at spurs, to be fair to him, they're on course to match their record points tally.

He's arguably a worse human being than pardew, so he can fuck himself