Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Based on Mark Douglas' latest piece he basically tells us its Carver barring disaster, not that many on here expected any less. 

In which case, they are only delaying the disaster until next season. 

Can't see him lasting long if he does get the job.

Would love it if his first game at home was down to a crowd of £30k. Sadly i doubt that many of our customers would have the common sense to walk away even with that terrible decision.

Ashley!

Lee playing with smoke and mirrors:

Highly-rated Real Madrid assistant boss Paul Clement has issued a “come and get me” plea to English clubs.

The former Chelsea coach was linked with Newcastle United back in January when Alan Pardew quit his post to join Crystal Palace and now Clement has indicated he is ready to return to England soon.

Clement would fit the bill for the Magpies’ head coach position in terms of his management style.

He said over the weekend: “My own ambition is someday to be a manager or a head coach in my own right. Hopefully that will be sometime soon.

“I’d like to go back to England and work, I’ve had a fantastic experience working abroad both in France and Spain – it’s really broadened my knowledge as a coach, and culturally as a person as well it’s been a fantastic lifestyle opportunity and experience.”

And speaking about his preferred country to coach in Clement told ITV Sport: “I really see the best opportunity for me to go back and work in England but I don’t rule out other opportunities in other countries. I have an open mind to things.

“But I think my best chance would be there because coaching in your own language where you’ve got the feel and the emotion as well is going to be the best for me.”

Clement has also been linked with Queens Park Rangers.

Lee playing with smoke and mirrors:

Highly-rated Real Madrid assistant boss Paul Clement has issued a “come and get me” plea to English clubs.

The former Chelsea coach was linked with Newcastle United back in January when Alan Pardew quit his post to join Crystal Palace and now Clement has indicated he is ready to return to England soon.

Clement would fit the bill for the Magpies’ head coach position in terms of his management style.

He said over the weekend: “My own ambition is someday to be a manager or a head coach in my own right. Hopefully that will be sometime soon.

“I’d like to go back to England and work, I’ve had a fantastic experience working abroad both in France and Spain – it’s really broadened my knowledge as a coach, and culturally as a person as well it’s been a fantastic lifestyle opportunity and experience.”

And speaking about his preferred country to coach in Clement told ITV Sport: “I really see the best opportunity for me to go back and work in England but I don’t rule out other opportunities in other countries. I have an open mind to things.

“But I think my best chance would be there because coaching in your own language where you’ve got the feel and the emotion as well is going to be the best for me.”

Clement has also been linked with Queens Park Rangers.

I'm sure Clement said that when he was heavily linked with the West Brom job,just before Irvine was appointed.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Roger Kint

TalkSport running with Lucien Favre today. Spooky as I was just thinking of him as a good choice earlier in the week. Probably just bullshit :lol:

Was in the Sun this morning claiming he would jump at the chance. Was going to post it earlier but given the source and our club it seemed utterly pointless :lol:

Expect the German bloke they speak to laughing it off instantly mind.

TalkSport running with Lucien Favre today. Spooky as I was just thinking of him as a good choice earlier in the week. Probably just bullshit :lol:

Favre and Tuchel are being looked at by Bayern in terms of succession planning for when Guardiola leaves; even talk of Tuchel possibly being the no:2 at Bayern next season

Guest Roger Kint

:lol: in the make believe land of ambition, spending and a proper owner he'd have been in my top 2 choices with Benitez. Hoy cash at it.

Strange you mention Benitez, he was linked by some muppet today as he was determined to join the PL nest season :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

No shock to hear Raphael Honnegstein said there was no chance of Favre leaving them for us. He did say we have spoken to other German mangers though, no names given so nowt in it really.

:lol: in the make believe land of ambition, spending and a proper owner he'd have been in my top 2 choices with Benitez. Hoy cash at it.

Strange you mention Benitez, he was linked by some muppet today as he was determined to join the PL nest season :lol:

He is supposed to be pretty keen to move back to England, I think his family may still be based in the North West. It'd make far too much sense for us to try and get him though. I know we definitely sounded him out the summer after we came 16th but he moved to Naples and Pardle remained King.

No shock to hear Raphael Honnegstein said there was no chance of Favre leaving them for us. He did say we have spoken to other German mangers though, no names given so nowt in it really.

Told me in December that he didn't think Tuchel would come to us - which was disappointing:

Me

Hi - do you think there is any chance Tuchel would consider nufc or are his sights set higher? Would seem a perfect fit to me!

Dec 29

Raphael Honigstein

I personally think he's CL material. would be a step down to go to NUFC

I wonder if we have tried speaking to Tuchel though.

Favre's teams play a dynamic, quick and attacking minded football where ball possession and change of tempo alternate. This attractive style of play has brought results in every club he has managed. Furthermore, Favre is very skillful tactically, leaving his opponents struggling to penetrate his well-organized sides.

Favre is also well known for his ability to develop talented young players and introduce them into the first team. Under his leadership, Blerim Džemaili, Almen Abdi, Steve von Bergen and Gökhan Inler made their debut with the Swiss national team before signing for foreign clubs. In 2007, FC Zürich became Swiss champions with an average age of twenty-one years and a half. He is also credited with raising the game of German starlet Marco Reus whose fine performances procured a call up to the German national team and a high-priced move to league champions Borussia Dortmund.

:sweetjesus:

Favre's teams play a dynamic, quick and attacking minded football where ball possession and change of tempo alternate. This attractive style of play has brought results in every club he has managed. Furthermore, Favre is very skillful tactically, leaving his opponents struggling to penetrate his well-organized sides.

Favre is also well known for his ability to develop talented young players and introduce them into the first team. Under his leadership, Blerim Džemaili, Almen Abdi, Steve von Bergen and Gökhan Inler made their debut with the Swiss national team before signing for foreign clubs. In 2007, FC Zürich became Swiss champions with an average age of twenty-one years and a half. He is also credited with raising the game of German starlet Marco Reus whose fine performances procured a call up to the German national team and a high-priced move to league champions Borussia Dortmund.

:sweetjesus:

:lol: just stop.