The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

I don't really consider him a forward anymore tbh, he's played in a attacking midfield role for so long now that is what i consider him and he's fantastic at it.

Because he doesn't score doesn't change that the Rooney with England debate reminds me of the Messi with Argentina debate a year or so ago.

Its more down to the team to get the best out of him than it is Rooney itself, we don't have enough good players around him firstly and secondly we don't use him correctly.

I have never seen the Man Utd Rooney for England very often and that's more due to the reasons i mentioned than Rooney himself.

Haven't been impressed with Rooney for Man Utd either for a while, tbh. He looked ridiculously dangerous 5 years ago, but he's nowhere near that now.

A very good, functional player with a very occasional moment of brilliance. To me, that represents a below-par state of affairs considering the insane natural talent he showed when he was younger.

He scored 37 goals and 6 assists last season in 44 games and 10 goals and 7 assists in 17 games so far this season.... all in a deeper role not sure how much more dangerous he could be.

In fact if you go back 5 years he was nowhere near as effective as he is now he might have been more flashy but not more dangerous or effective.

I don't deny Ferguson has traded ability on the ball for effectiveness but i don't think he's less dangerous than he was 5 years ago to me if anything he's more dangerous as he's a much bigger goal threat and there's nothing more dangerous in football than scoring goals.  :laugh:

He's not the only player to have done this either, look at Messi and Ronaldo they don't run past people like nothing as regularly as they use to but they are more dangerous in front of goal.

Everyone talks about Van Persie last season and how great he was but he only just pipped Rooney to the golden boot i think his week in week out contribution is a bit understated in this country nowadays tbh.

Bit like Bale he has suffered IMO because the media went absolutely over the board with his hype and now seems a bit underrated to me.

He's a flat track bully who's game is so ridiculously inconsistent.