The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

Guest Slippery Sam

Will Watford have a squad to actually compete in the Premier League? Don't suppose any of these loanees will be staying on?

If they do get promoted they will go straight down. Quite poor really. Two or three points off us, but not much else besides.

Will Watford have a squad to actually compete in the Premier League? Don't suppose any of these loanees will be staying on?

Why wouldn't they? Chances are they'll get more of them of a higher standard with the attraction of top flight football.

Why wouldn't they? Chances are they'll get more of them of a higher standard with the attraction of top flight football.

I'm a bit sketchy on the rules. I thought one of the loopholes - that has enabled their dodgy squad - was something to do with the fact they're not in the Premier League?

EDIT:

Aren't the loan rules different in the Premier League though, in terms of numbers?

Not for foreign loans, unlimited.

Ah. :thup:

If they do get promoted they will go straight down. Quite poor really. Two or three points off us, but not much else besides.

They look really poor apart from the Udinese and Granada lads especially Briggs who is shit

We did that once...scored from the oppositions penalty I mean..

Eater Monday 1984 at home to Carlisle....

Wasnt in the last minute. though and we did win 5-0 so I spose the circumstances were different

Guest Slippery Sam

Just turned on the Stoke/Spurs game. What on fucking earth is going on in the stands?? Reminds me of the T Mobile shite at Bayern. Dreadful.

I'm a bit sketchy on the rules. I thought one of the loopholes - that has enabled their dodgy squad - was something to do with the fact they're not in the Premier League?

You're allowed unlimited foreign loans in both the Championship and Premier League, as they're classed as full transfers.

If not, and new rules are brought in (has been mooted in the Championship), they'll probably just 'sell' the players to Watford like they did with that Foristieri in January.

You're allowed unlimited foreign loans in both the Championship and Premier League, as they're classed as full transfers.

Aye, seen your last post. What a load of rubbish, man. :lol: It's like they forgot to finish that chapter of the rulebook, or something. So legally you could pick an entire squad of 18 and none of them actually be your players.

I kinda hope Watford go up cos it will prompt a (long overdue) review of the loan rules.

We did that once...scored from the oppositions penalty I mean..

Eater Monday 1984 at home to Carlisle....

Wasnt in the last minute. though and we did win 5-0 so I spose the circumstances were different

5-1 wasn't it? Kevin Carr double save (like Almunia's) then Keegan header (which was a bit dodgy as he was leaning on the defender a bit) ;)

Aye, seen your last post. What a load of rubbish, man. :lol: It's like they forgot to finish that chapter of the rulebook, or something. So legally you could pick an entire squad of 18 and none of them actually be your players.

I kinda hope Watford go up cos it will prompt a (long overdue) review of the loan rules.

It's not particularly ethical, but it works. Udinese and Granada are both small, provincial clubs like Watford and they have benefited massively from the ownership - chances are Watford will do too. Can see why the Pozzos wanted an English club, relatively easy to get a team up by lending/giving them all the players and then you've got a huge financial windfall from getting there.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Hasn't it already been confirmed they'll review the rules this August? Pretty sure it was.

Anyway that was never a peno and Watford deserved to win. Justice done in the end I think.

Guest neesy111

Surprised to see Tom Huddlestone getting so many games at Spurs these days. I thought he'd fallen well out of favour.

It's because Sandro is injured.