The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

would you say his stats are misleading?

Just realised i said it twice :lol: was watching the Milan game were typing.  :laugh:

I'm jesting :aww: you make a good point on Walcott.

Not sure it is a very good point at all, 10 goals in 26 games is still good going, even if you ignore the 3 games he was most productive in for some unknown reason.

I didn't deny that though, just that his overall total is misleading and doesn't really show how good/bad his overall performances is.

That's the trouble with stats they do tend to mislead more than help most of the time.

I disagree, put it that way. :lol: Might as well exclude goals scored from outside the box, just for the hell of it.  And his stats look fine without those 3 games anyway.

Just realised i said it twice :lol: was watching the Milan game were typing.  :laugh:

Not sure it is a very good point at all, 10 goals in 26 games is still good going, even if you ignore the 3 games he was most productive in for some unknown reason.

I didn't deny that though, just that his overall total is misleading and doesn't really show how good/bad his overall performances is.

That's the trouble with stats they do tend to mislead more than help most of the time.

I disagree, put it that way. :lol: Might as well exclude goals scored from outside the box, just for the hell of it.  And his stats look fine without those 3 games anyway.

Never said that though, all i said was that his stats for the majority of his games were well below the level of those 3 games thus his goal and assist return doesn't look as good outside of it.... hell if you look at his league only stats you see hell of a difference.

What you're saying is completely different i'm not really excluding anything rather that his stats make it seem his performances are a lot better than they actually are.

Anyway it doesn't really matter all i was trying to say is despite the stats ( which are misleading) i don't believe Walcott has performed better than Bale.

Never said that though, all i said was that his stats for the majority of his games were well below the level of those 3 games thus his goal and assist return doesn't look as good outside of it.... hell if you look at his league only stats you see hell of a difference.

What you're saying is completely different i'm not really excluding anything rather that his stats make it seem his performances are a lot better than they actually are.

Anyway it doesn't really matter all i was trying to say is despite the stats ( which are misleading) i don't believe Walcott has performed better than Bale.

His stats aren't misleading, players will always have some games that they're more prolific in than others.  I understand your point completely, I just think you're totally wrong, sorry. :lol:

His stats aren't misleading, players will always have some games that they're more prolific in than others.  I understand your point completely, I just think you're totally wrong, sorry. :lol:

Its fine, just thought you didn't understand what i meant  :lol: all good :thup:

League only is Walcott 11 goals and 7 assists. Bale 10 goals and 1 assist according to ESPN.

Its fine, just thought you didn't understand what i meant  :lol: all good :thup:

I think we are all missing eachothers points.

Anyone reckon Napoli have got the legs this season? Juve have still got to go to Naples, as well as Inter, Roma and Lazio.

Napoli don't have the Champions League to distract them. Still will be hard for them, but its doable. Clash at the San Paolo in a few weeks will be ace.