Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Totally Irresponsible !!! Doesn't he realise how dangerous a kitchen can be ? Rooney got knocked out and Dave Beasant cut his foot on salad cream !!! 

Massive waste signing this lad so far. He needs 20 mins minimum every game to keep adapting so he can pick up form and start games. The money spent on this lad could have signed two first team players if used properly.

Massive waste signing this lad so far. He needs 20 mins minimum every game to keep adapting so he can pick up form and start games. The money spent on this lad could have signed two first team players if used properly.

20 minutes? How about we give him a full game for the next 10 or so games? Why do we keep bringing in these French wingers when our head coaches are too afraid to bed them in properly?

20 minutes? How about we give him a full game for the next 10 or so games? Why do we keep bringing in these French wingers when our head coaches are too afraid to bed them in properly?

I said minimum 20 minutes, I'd take more. :lol:

I want the lad playing 90 and doing well. I get that the club maybe worried about throwing him in the deep end would be counter-productive, but currently he's getting a few minutes here and there and it's utterly pointless.

Players like Thauvin would surely do better coming into a side with a mix of foreign and British players where there was essentially a strong core/spine. Our problem is we have a collection of individuals combined with bang average managers and so players generally under perform.

Players like Thauvin would surely do better coming into a side with a mix of foreign and British players where there was essentially a strong core/spine. Our problem is we have a collection of individuals combined with bang average managers and so players generally under perform.

Club policy means we'll never have a proper team and it'll always be a case of individuals playing to get moves to more ambitious clubs. That's what happens when your transfer policy is based on signing young Foreign players with the promise that they'll be shipped on to bigger clubs (at a nice profit to NUFC) should they be a success here.

You can never build proper team spirit based on that formula and I genuinely believe that's why we go on these ridiculous losing runs and don't bother turning up for the Derby games these days, put simply there's no motivation and "leaders" are no longer allowed in the dressing room.

In Thauvins case, best case scenario for him is he's a hit here and in a couple of years ends up at Arsenal, Man Utd etc, worst case he goes back to one of the bigger clubs in France if it doesn't work out. He's probably not too bothered either way.

Club policy means we'll never have a proper team and it'll always be a case of individuals playing to get moves to more ambitious clubs. That's what happens when your transfer policy is based on signing young Foreign players with the promise that they'll be shipped on to bigger clubs (at a nice profit to NUFC) should they be a success here.

You can never build proper team spirit based on that formula and I genuinely believe that's why we go on these ridiculous losing runs and don't bother turning up for the Derby games these days, put simply there's no motivation and "leaders" are no longer allowed in the dressing room.

In Thauvins case, best case scenario for him is he's a hit here and in a couple of years ends up at Arsenal, Man Utd etc, worst case he goes back to one of the bigger clubs in France if it doesn't work out. He's probably not too bothered either way.

I think you can if you have the right leadership in place.  You need a strong, vocal captain and good, respected manager.

I think you can if you have the right leadership in place.  You need a strong, vocal captain and good, respected manager.

suggestions?