Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ok so after a bit of Dennis Wise scouting he looks like he has an excellent change of pace and great acceleration but not particularly quick at full tilt. But with his acceleration and tight footwork he's good at out smarting quicker players over distance.

You would like your expensive winger to trouble Luke Shaw when Shaw has played 70 minutes more. 

:whatdidido:

He's been here 5 minutes, doesn't speak the language, has barely trained, probably isn't even nearly match fit and hardly knows his team mates. Of course he should belt onto the pitch and start murdering full backs away from home when we're defending for our lives man.

Just the full pre-season and two league games in Ligue 1.

Aye validates your point entirely  :lol:

You would like your expensive winger to trouble Luke Shaw when Shaw has played 70 minutes more. 

He's been here 5 minutes, doesn't speak the language, has barely trained, probably isn't even nearly match fit and hardly knows his team mates. Of course he should belt onto the pitch and start murdering full backs away from home when we're defending for our lives man.

Eh? It just invalidates his.

I think he will murder full backs when we are attacking a bit more and he gets closer to the box. Defenders usually are less reluctant to commit fouls there and his trickery will cause a lot of free kicks.. (to be floated to Willo at the back post.. oh wait)

Unlike Cabella he also seems to try and stay on his feet.

Eh? It just invalidates his.

Don't even know who you're arguing with. You seem to be saying that because he had a full pre-season in France with a different team, coach and players and 2 Ligue 1 games, that means he's completely ready for a new league and nowt else matters and that:

Completely negates not knowing the language

Doesn't matter that he has barely trained

Means nowt not knowing new team mates or being 5 mins in a new country and league

If you're then still expecting him to join a game in which we're defending for our lives and proceed to demolish Shaw, then you're full of shit or a total WUM.

No. I'm saying he should be match-fit. End of. Everything else is valid but it doesn't affect his ability to run.

Ok, so IMHO being match fit in one country and league (if he even was) is different than another country and league. There's an adjustment that takes longer than a 20 min cameo to judge anything surely? And besides, other than looking a little tired near the end (most likely mental tiredness and adrenaline brought on by his first appearance), he looked fit enough to me flying down the pitch from the edge of his own penalty area in about 12 seconds to almost score in the opposition 6 yard box. I saw no evidence of lack of match fitness or ability to run there. Any other vague claims, not based in reality to support a puzzling adgenda, to make?

No. I'm saying he should be match-fit. End of. Everything else is valid but it doesn't affect his ability to run.

Ok, so IMHO being match fit in one country and league (if he even was) is different than another country and league. There's an adjustment that takes longer than a 20 min cameo to judge anything surely? And besides, other than looking a little tired near the end (most likely mental tiredness and adrenaline brought on by his first appearance), he looked fit enough to me flying down the pitch from the edge of his own penalty area in about 12 seconds to almost score in the opposition 6 yard box. I saw no evidence of lack of match fitness or ability to run there. Any other vague claims, not based in reality to support a puzzling adgenda, to make?

You're a looney.

His physical conditioning is not a factor when you've had a full pre-season, played 2 league games and come on for the last 20 minutes for your new side. Sure he may not have adapted to the mental pace of the league but he'll not get physically much faster just by being here for awhile. He shouldn't be getting tired after 20 minutes man. I don't think he was particularly tired anyway, you're just making things up and sounding crazy.

You are even agreeing with me in the end lol. Yes he's fully match fit, yes he's running like he will come to run and yes he got caught like an Elephant by a Lion by Luke Shaw. Sure, Shaw is rapid and it may have been a mental slowness rather than a truly physical one. But I was hoping he was a direct, pacy strong running type and early indications show that might not be the case. No biggie. can't draw any conclusions yet.

I just said he didn't look as fast or as explosive as I had hoped. You came caping in saying "he probably isn't match fit" but erm... he probably is. "B.b..but match fit in Ligue 1 isn't the same as the PL" - what you talking about?

Relax mate.

You're a looney.

His physical conditioning is not a factor when you've had a full pre-season, played 2 league games and come on for the last 20 minutes for your new side. Sure he may not have adapted to the mental pace of the league but he'll not get physically much faster just by being here for awhile. He shouldn't be getting tired after 20 minutes man. I don't think he was particularly tired anyway, you're just making things up and sounding crazy.

You are even agreeing with me in the end lol. Yes he's fully match fit, yes he's running like he will come to run and yes he got caught like an Elephant by a Lion by Luke Shaw. Sure, Shaw is rapid and it may have been a mental slowness rather than a truly physical one. But I was hoping he was a direct, pacy strong running type and early indications show that might not be the case. No biggie. can't draw any conclusions yet.

I just said he didn't look as fast or as explosive as I had hoped. You came caping in saying "he probably isn't match fit" but erm... he probably is. "B.b..but match fit in Ligue 1 isn't the same as the PL" - what you talking about?

Relax mate.

I'm perfectly relaxed "mate". I debated your original daft point that you were disappointed he didn't come on and make a mug out of Shaw (which ironically he did immediately with that shoulder drop). I countered with the reasons why which you also argued with, specifically, the match fit point and whether he is or isn't. I just said other factors are just as or more important. You then said his ability to run shouldn't be affected. It wasn't as clearly shown by that 90th minute counter.

Another daft statement - "But I was hoping he was a direct, pacy strong running type and early indications show that might not be the case".

I personally can see why he may take time to impress and become what we want but you want to judge him and conclude he might not be direct or pacy enough for your liking based on 20 minutes at Old Trafford and i'm the looney? Good Grief. Carry on mate.  :lol: