Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Class tonight, bit fancy at times but this lad is going to be brilliant. Just needs a bit of movement as few times tonight he got the ball and everyone else just waited for him to skin them all.

Sounds like a really encouraging start from the lad. Hope we don't end up expecting him to do all our creating, because there are other talents we need to take advantage of. Something Pardew always struggled with when Ben Arfa was playing.

:scared:

Hopefully the manager can ensure this doesn't happen going forward.

Really promising start  :thup:

What makes it even better is that I don't think any of us imagined his signing would happen this window.  Really pleased to have him on board and hopefully that quality he brings pushes us that little bit further.

Class tonight, bit fancy at times but this lad is going to be brilliant. Just needs a bit of movement as few times tonight he got the ball and everyone else just waited for him to skin them all.

Sounds like a really encouraging start from the lad. Hope we don't end up expecting him to do all our creating, because there are other talents we need to take advantage of. Something Pardew always struggled with when Ben Arfa was playing.

:scared:

Hopefully the manager can ensure this doesn't happen going forward.

Somehow I honestly don't see that being the case. I think we have a far more competent manager than Pardew now, who would've just put someone like Thauvin on and waited for a moment of magic. I hope McClaren has more in his plans for him than just that, which it seems like might be the case from his quotes.

Haven't seen Thauvin in a full game yet so won't pass judgment until then but I hope against hope that he will be the real deal.

Players of this type are prone to be inconsistent - that goes with the territory as they are often 'mood' players - but also very likely to be targeted by the opposition with often dire results...think HBA back at Maine Road in his first real season and clearly taken out by de Jong. Older ones among us can remember Geoff Allen(architect of our first Fairs Cup victory over Feyenoord in 1968)getting taken out by Peter Hindley at Notts Forest later that season in desperation as Allen was destroying him and we were 1-4 ahead at Forest at HT. Allen suffered Cruciate ligament damage and in those days that was curtains. He too was a left winger and brilliant with it. In later years, Harry Kewell, also a left-sided attacker, was badly injured when at Leeds and was never really the same player afterwards.

If PL defenders see that Thauvin is a threat they will do everything they can to stop him - even perhaps man marking in which case we need others to step up to the plate.

It will very interesting to see how Arsenal go about things on Saturday if Thauvin is selected and plays well.....

reckon we should sing his name to Lola by The Kinks

Good, but I'd still vote for this:

With the words:

Floor...Floor- reeeeaan,

Floor-reeeaan Toe-oh-vahn.

(Repeat until hoarse...).

Simple but appropriately full of awe, admiration and a touch of Gallic gravitas. Now we just need to team-up at an away match, with additional ingredients: six pints, steely determination, a packet of Tunes and a performance like last night and we are offski! A new chant is launched to echo around the cosmos for ever....

Haven't seen Thauvin in a full game yet so won't pass judgment until then but I hope against hope that he will be the real deal.

Players of this type are prone to be inconsistent - that goes with the territory as they are often 'mood' players - but also very likely to be targeted by the opposition with often dire results...think HBA back at Maine Road in his first real season and clearly taken out by de Jong. Older ones among us can remember Geoff Allen(architect of our first Fairs Cup victory over Feyenoord in 1968)getting taken out by Peter Hindley at Notts Forest later that season in desperation as Allen was destroying him and we were 1-4 ahead at Forest at HT. Allen suffered Cruciate ligament damage and in those days that was curtains. He too was a left winger and brilliant with it. In later years, Harry Kewell, also a left-sided attacker, was badly injured when at Leeds and was never really the same player afterwards.

If PL defenders see that Thauvin is a threat they will do everything they can to stop him - even perhaps man marking in which case we need others to step up to the plate.

It will very interesting to see how Arsenal go about things on Saturday if Thauvin is selected and plays well.....

Arsene doesn't worry about the opposition 9 times out of 10. Same team. Same approach.