Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bit odd they didn't switch flanks with Sissoko. Moussa's strength against Tomkins and Thauvin against Cresswell would have suited better I think. And why put crosses in when you are attacking slowly and there is only Cisse in the box? Just let him cut in from left to make room for Janmaat

Guest reefatoon

Isn't this his second game in the league? Howay, man.

what's that got to to with anything? 1st game or 50th game, that was a woeful performance that he put in. Makes absolutely no difference that it was only his second game.

Disappointing last night. Looking at his ex Marseille teammates (e.g Payet, and Ayew at Swansea) he looked like the runt of the litter. Looking at their stats over last season gives me more hope: Payet P36 scored 7; Thauvin P36 scored 5; Ayew P27 scored 10 (used more as forward than AM). FT also had 8 assists (don't know about other two). FT also a few years younger. So thinking (a) he wasn't given much of the ball (didn't demand it/do much with it when he had the chance to show teammates he was an outlet); (b) he looked stronger/more comfortable on the right; © he's a flair player not a steady eddy, and will go off the boil in some games; (d) he has shown flashes of greatness in previous games; (e) f**k pessimism! I was enjoying the idea we had a new Ginola.

Bit odd they didn't switch flanks with Sissoko. Moussa's strength against Tomkins and Thauvin against Cresswell would have suited better I think. And why put crosses in when you are attacking slowly and there is only Cisse in the box? Just let him cut in from left to make room for Janmaat

This. I'm getting concerned that SMc can be slow to react in games when tactically plan A doesn't look like working.

Disappointing last night. Looking at his ex Marseille teammates (e.g Payet, and Ayew at Swansea) he looked like the runt of the litter. Looking at their stats over last season gives me more hope: Payet P36 scored 7; Thauvin P36 scored 5; Ayew P27 scored 10 (used more as forward than AM). FT also had 8 assists (don't know about other two). FT also a few years younger. So thinking (a) he wasn't given much of the ball (didn't demand it/do much with it when he had the chance to show teammates he was an outlet); (b) he looked stronger/more comfortable on the right; © he's a flair player not a steady eddy, and will go off the boil in some games; (d) he has shown flashes of greatness in previous games; (e) f**k pessimism! I was enjoying the idea we had a new Ginola.

It's very important people stop being so quick to judge a flair player who is playing on the wrong side of his preferred position when the entire team was set to contain and he's out there trying to cross the ball to a man who wasn't arsed to be playing last night. Yes, Thauvin had a poor showing, but people need to consider how the manager should have handled Ben Arfa, Marveaux, and Cabella - just because they didn't graft their dicks off and made a hollywood slide tackle, doesn't mean shit - they'll still be more likely to score or create a goal than Obertan, Colback, Anita etc. etc. etc.

It's very important people stop being so quick to judge a flair player who is playing on the wrong side of his preferred position when the entire team was set to contain and he's out there trying to cross the ball to a man who wasn't arsed to be playing last night. Yes, Thauvin had a poor showing, but people need to consider how the manager should have handled Ben Arfa, Marveaux, and Cabella - just because they didn't graft their dicks off and made a hollywood slide tackle, doesn't mean s*** - they'll still be more likely to score or create a goal than Obertan, Colback, Anita etc. etc. etc.

That;s the point. He was shit going forward.

Tbf TCD, he didn't have much of the ball. I would like to re watch the game and count just how many times we attempted to attack down the left, rather than the right. guessing it would be a small percentage, of a hugely unimpressive number of attacks (given the amount of possession we had).

Wonder what Messi would do in our team playing on the left wing last night. Nobody to play balls in to. Nobody to pass to, unless they are behind him. Passing to CIsse who would lose the ball. Nobody to cross to. And having to run so far back to contain

Guest firetotheworks

Wonder what Messi would do in our team playing on the left wing last night. Nobody to play balls in to. Nobody to pass to, unless they are behind him. Passing to CIsse who would lose the ball. Nobody to cross to. And having to run so far back to contain

Messi? He'd have scored a couple probably. :lol:

Guest reefatoon

Played on the wrong wing + everyone was s*** going forward. Big f***ing deal man. Game 2.5 of his long standing PL career in a contain system with 0 movement or support around him.

You can find all the reason's in the world, but non of them explain why he gave the ball away constantly and couldn't beat the first man on any crosses. The lad just had a shitter, no need to dig around all over the place for other people/things to blame.

He played poorly yesterday, I get that. I stated that. What doesn't need to happen to a 22 year old winger who played on the opposite side of his preferred wing is to be writing him off or saying he needs to immediately sit on the bench b/c that would be incredibly pointless to do when he's still likely our best creative wide talent we've got.

Guest reefatoon

No one seems to be writing him off, they are just saying he was s*** yesterday because he was. No need to go looking for other reasons to blame it on.

It's very important people stop being so quick to judge a flair player who is playing on the wrong side of his preferred position when the entire team was set to contain and he's out there trying to cross the ball to a man who wasn't arsed to be playing last night. Yes, Thauvin had a poor showing, but people need to consider how the manager should have handled Ben Arfa, Marveaux, and Cabella - just because they didn't graft their dicks off and made a hollywood slide tackle, doesn't mean shit - they'll still be more likely to score or create a goal than Obertan, Colback, Anita etc. etc. etc.

If he'd actually got a decent cross in then at least we could have asked the question why wasn't Cisse on the end of that? But he didn't. I'm not saying it was entirely his fault, but him and Haidara got pretty much locked up last night by the West Ham defence.

He only managed 3 of his 8 attempts of passing into the final third. Attempted 3 take ons.. completed 0. He wa mas probably the worst / most anonymous man on the pitch. Ayoze looked liek Messi in comparison. Think he should be eased into things. If his best position is on the right play him there.

Such a WUM :lol:

He only managed 3 of his 8 attempts of passing into the final third. Attempted 3 take ons.. completed 0. He wa mas probably the worst / most anonymous man on the pitch. Ayoze looked liek Messi in comparison. Think he should be eased into things. If his best position is on the right play him there.

Such a WUM :lol:

Did he do anything positive? Didn't beat anyone. Didn't deliver 1 good cross. Didn't play one good pass. Most of his passes went to a West Ham player. He had a mare plain and simple.

Cisse & Colback live long in the memory because they finished the game but Thauvin was just as bad for the 60 minutes. Special shout outs to Haidara for being useless at everything too.