Tottenham 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 09/02/13 - post-match reaction from page 50

Dave

Definitely good value for the draw, playing well after a shaky first five. Good to see the movement is still there and backed up with some confidence.

Bit annoyed at how the pressure on our defenders is limiting Kruls distribution with the ball often coming back to him before it's launched long, we are not doing the same and Lloris has all the time and choice he needs for Tottenham to build from the back.

Jonas and Gouffran are both playing exceptionally well imo. Jonas is better for being on the right; it's been too long for him to get out there. He might as well have switched as soon as Jose left.

:thup:

What I like most about Jonas is the fact that defensively he's quite smart. He keeps getting at Bale at random times so he can't run at full speed.

We've doubled up on players well. Initially it was all coming down their left-hand side, but we've closed in on them every time and we've completely restricted them to long shots. Holtby had a couple of efforts in fairly dangerous positions, but they've not had a big chance yet.

Guest bimpy474

Fair play to Jonas and Perch, both put good shifts in.

Still finely balanced this one, Spurs lack the ability to really pressure out defende but still worry about Lennon and Bale a lot.

Yep, their biggest threats by a mile. Bale in particular is having a lot of freedom. They look dangerous as fuck on the break, we need to keep our shape as much as possible.

Aye but then again so do we, if we can just get our last pass right.

Still not happy with the tactics. We either go high and pot pressure, or go deep. But if we do that we still has to play it. It hurts to say. But Spurs is definitely better with the possession play, which we could play something like that.

Definitely good value for the draw, playing well after a shaky first five. Good to see the movement is still there and backed up with some confidence.

Bit annoyed at how the pressure on our defenders is limiting Kruls distribution with the ball often coming back to him before it's launched long, we are not doing the same and Lloris has all the time and choice he needs for Tottenham to build from the back.

We're closing down late; ie - once it's in our half. I think they'd just knock it around us with ease if we pressed them high up the pitch. S'all okay so far i reckon...

Jonas and Gouffran are both playing exceptionally well imo. Jonas is better for being on the right; it's been too long for him to get out there. He might as well have switched as soon as Jose left.

:thup:

What I like most about Jonas is the fact that defensively he's quite smart. He keeps getting at Bale at random times so he can't run at full speed.

We've doubled up on players well. Initially it was all coming down their left-hand side, but we've closed in on them every time and we've completely restricted them to long shots. Holtby had a couple of efforts in fairly dangerous positions, but they've not had a big chance yet.

Not to go back to previous discussion, but I honestly feel that we need Tiote in there for the reason you pointed out. Holtby is getting way to much space behind there, I think Tiote would limit that.

Jonas has taken things to the stage where even if he does something approaching "alright", it still winds me up because of the way he's doing it. Gets the ball, hunches over it, head down so he can't see a pass, arms out as he weakly attempts to hold his man off, balance all over the place which affects what minimal ability he had to play an accurate pass - he's constantly slowing things down when there's often no need to, and what's worse he's actually forcing his way into the game (taking the ball off teammates etc) when we could do with him actually hiding for once (whilst his form is so poor).

Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale.

Perch should be forced to stand naked in the goal in training while the ball is blasted at him for that pathetic show on the freekick.

At the same time if they all jumped and Bale shot under and scored we'd have all said "why did you fucking jump?" It was a great free kick none the less. I myself wish he jumped as well - but we battled and answered well in the first half.