Newcastle United vs. Metalist Kharkiv - 14/02/13 @ 8:05pm GMT (Live on ESPN)

Ketsbaia

We should be putting this lot away easily. I predict a 3-0 or 4-1 with Cisse bagging a couple.

Why's that, like? Or, were you just joking?

We are playing some decent stuff at the moment and they haven't played competitively since early December.

I thought they were a pretty good team with a couple of good players?

Take a win and a clean sheet all day long. Anything less and I think we will struggle in the return leg.

They are, last time I checked. :lol:

Some pretty confident predictions in this thread. If you play well then yeah, you may well win, but you'd think Metalist were some pub team from some of the comments.

Metalist stickers all over the place when I was in town before. Saw a few of their fans standing around looking shifty for about 5 minutes before sticking one onto a bollard near the central library, like it was some major offence being committed :lol:

I thought they were a pretty good team with a couple of good players?

Take a win and a clean sheet all day long. Anything less and I think we will struggle in the return leg.

They are, last time I checked. :lol:

Some pretty confident predictions in this thread. If you play well then yeah, you may well win, but you'd think Metalist were some pub team from some of the comments.

Some mackem style arrogance going around it seems.  :lol: that's never come back to bite us on the arse, ever.  :lol:

Hoping for the team to take it seriously, but also want to see soles changes. Tiote, Anita, Marv, Bigi & Mbiwa must start for me while I'd like to see some of Campbell as well.

Guest Roger Kint

Could it be Anita at right back tonight?

Anita - Mbiwa - Saylor/Colo - Santon?

Good Shout

Really? He has Simpson, Santon, Tavernier, Perch all able to play there. Surely he will pick Anita in CM rather than at RB? Have a feeling he will rest either Cabaye or Sissoko rather than shoehorn him there tbh.

D - 20/9/2012 Leverkusen  0-0   Metalist

W - 4/10/2012 Metalist  2-0   Rapid Wien

W - 25/10/2012 Rosenborg  1-2   Metalist

W - 8/11/2012 Metalist  3-1   Rosenborg

W - 22/11/2012 Metalist  2-0   Leverkusen

L - 6/12/2012 Rapid Wien  1-0   Metalist

They are off season now, but their autumn results were pretty decent. Think we'll have to fight hard for a win here.

D - 20/9/2012 Leverkusen  0-0   Metalist

W - 4/10/2012 Metalist  2-0   Rapid Wien

W - 25/10/2012 Rosenborg  1-2   Metalist

W - 8/11/2012 Metalist  3-1   Rosenborg

W - 22/11/2012 Metalist  2-0   Leverkusen

L - 6/12/2012 Rapid Wien  1-0   Metalist

They are off season now, but their autumn results were pretty decent. Think we'll have to fight hard for a win here.

That's a good defensive record.