Manchester City vs Newcastle United - 30/03/13 @ 3pm (not on TV)

bowlingcrofty

#NUFC (4-2-3-1) v #MCFC: Elliot; Simpson, S.Taylor, Yanga-Mbiwa, Gutierrez; Anita, Cabaye ©; Obertan, Sissoko, Gouffran; Cisse. #BPL

What on earth is the BPL?

Blame Pardew Lads

:lol: very good

Guest bimpy474

Yeah imagine Marv saved for thursday, that's our priority, this game go all out counterattacking

Yet Sissoko, Cisse, Saylor, Mbiwa, Cabaye, Anita and Jonas aren't ?

I'm not having that.

Look at Marveaux's fitness record. It's better now than it has been but why risk him here when we're going to chasing the ball all afternoon?

Sissoko has looked knackered is his last couple of games for us, why not rest him.

As for Marv's injury record, how far do you go to protect him then. If he's fit he plays 100 times out of 100 ahead of Obertan.

When we have a Quarter Final in 5 days, I think he's worth protecting. Sissoko runs and commits people, which will be useful on the counter. Marveaux is more of a "foot on the ball" type of player which won't be tremendously useful today as we'll rarely have enough men forward to make it count.

Surely Sissoko is the one you want to rest more by the styles you just discribed (and i agree with).

To be honest it's more to do with fooking Obertan playing than anything else.

Marveaux is the only genuine creator we've got fit. Makes perfect sense to protect him, especially considering how fragile he's been in the past. Gives Obertan a run out in a pretty meaningless match too.

Yeah imagine Marv saved for thursday, that's our priority, this game go all out counterattacking

I'm not having that.

Look at Marveaux's fitness record. It's better now than it has been but why risk him here when we're going to chasing the ball all afternoon?

Sissoko has looked knackered is his last couple of games for us, why not rest him.

As for Marv's injury record, how far do you go to protect him then. If he's fit he plays 100 times out of 100 ahead of Obertan.

When we have a Quarter Final in 5 days, I think he's worth protecting. Sissoko runs and commits people, which will be useful on the counter. Marveaux is more of a "foot on the ball" type of player which won't be tremendously useful today as we'll rarely have enough men forward to make it count.

Surely Sissoko is the one you want to rest more by the styles you just discribed (and i agree with).

Lack of alternatvies I guess. Obviously isn't keen on putting Anita or Perch at full back which would allow Jonas to play on the wing.

Guest bimpy474

Marveaux is the only genuine creator we've got fit. Makes perfect sense to protect him, especially considering how fragile he's been in the past. Gives Obertan a run out in a pretty meaningless match too.

If so then play a kid, a perfect chance for Campbell and not someone who lacks effort, ability and a brain.

Guest bimpy474

I'm not having that.

Lack of alternatvies I guess. Obviously isn't keen on putting Anita or Perch at full back which would allow Jonas to play on the wing.

I suppose, Campbell could have had a start imo.

If so then play a kid, a perfect chance for Campbell and not someone who lacks effort, ability and a brain.

Campbell's a forward. We know how Pardew isn't keen on fucking about with the formula too much, and I can't blame him tbh.

Aye. Plus Obertan might think if he has a blinder he might get in at Benfica. Not oberly concerned.

Aye. Plus Obertan might think if he has a blinder he might get in at Benfica. Not oberly concerned.

:bluestar:

Guest bimpy474

Campbell's a forward.

It's how Fergie does it, brings his kids in positions that take a bit of pressure of them. Wellbeck for instance started playing wide left or right when first introduced into the Man Utd team. He did the same with Johny Evans, playing him RB instead of CB to ease him into the team years ago.

Guest neesy111

#NUFC (4-2-3-1) v #MCFC: Elliot; Simpson, S.Taylor, Yanga-Mbiwa, Gutierrez; Anita, Cabaye ©; Obertan, Sissoko, Gouffran; Cisse. #BPL

What on earth is the BPL?

Blame Pardew Lads

:lol: very good

Typical quote.  Pathetic as always Stu.